Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Dont forget the driver(BBC)

New sitcom set in Bognor and described as a sadcom. Toby Jones stars and as in Detectorists gives a view into the heart of Britain. Very well written and quite dark - veers between comedy and tragedy.

Jones plays a coach driver muddling through life and there is some excellent dialogue. An interesting watch.
    I agree it is well written and insightful and I’m a big Toby Jones fan but I didn’t enjoy episode 1. Maybe it’s one of those that you’re not supposed to enjoy and it certainly touched a few nerves. Whatever it was supposed to be I didn’t find it funny.  I’ll give the next episode a go before I decide whether to persevere. 
    I seem to be in a minority of one on this show who enjoyed it.
    I thought it was very good.
  • I've just caught up with the last episode of Derry Girls.  Glad to hear it's been commissioned for a third series..

Its a odd one , I watched through first series and an episode or 2 of the next. I didn't mind it but wouldn't really rave about it and not interested in getting back into it. Was ok but not worth recommending in my opinion.
  • I really like Derry Girls.  Funny, warm, moving, and well acted, especially the adults.
  • I really like Derry Girls.  Funny, warm, moving, and well acted, especially the adults.
    They're all adults.  I think the youngest of the 'kids' is 23.  Still, I know what you mean.
  • Caught a bit of the “tonight” show last night and saw this.
  • Dont forget the driver(BBC)

New sitcom set in Bognor and described as a sadcom. Toby Jones stars and as in Detectorists gives a view into the heart of Britain. Very well written and quite dark - veers between comedy and tragedy.

Jones plays a coach driver muddling through life and there is some excellent dialogue. An interesting watch.
    I agree it is well written and insightful and I’m a big Toby Jones fan but I didn’t enjoy episode 1. Maybe it’s one of those that you’re not supposed to enjoy and it certainly touched a few nerves. Whatever it was supposed to be I didn’t find it funny.  I’ll give the next episode a go before I decide whether to persevere. 
    I seem to be in a minority of one on this show who enjoyed it.
    I thought it was very good.
    Got it recorded. Interesting and intelligent -looking story line. Will try and and watch tonight, but I've got so much Line of Duty homework from @Chizz and others :-)
  • Saw the last two episodes of The Victim last night. Very, very good, and superb acting by James Harkness.
  • With you on The Victim. The acting was top notch. Two great face to face scenes, one when her new husband spelt out to Anna some hard facts about her motivation/actions and the impact they were having on love ones; and the final set to with Eddy JT.  
  • enjoyed the Victim, but thought the ending was crap
  • Berlin Station is back on More 4 on Thursday 22.05. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Berlin Station is back on More 4 on Thursday 22.05. 

sounds like a train announcement ;)
  • Any one watching The Widow on ITV, plenty of intrigue and twists and turns. It's very good.
  • Any one watching The Widow on ITV, plenty of intrigue and twists and turns. It's very good.
    or very annoying.
    Lost complete interest after 3 episodes. KB is an absolute weapon but my god she cannot act.
    Was that the plane crash thing?

it was shockingly bad. The acting made my missus laugh at times. 
  • I watched the first episode of Don't Forget The Driver and thought it was pretty rubbish so deleted it from the planner.

I enjoyed the first episode of Back To Life. 

Have the first two episode of Ghosts on BBC1 still to watch. 
  • My favourite annual TV series finished on Easter Monday. Congratulations to Edinburgh University for beating St Edmund Hall Oxford in the exciting final of University Challenge
  • For those of you that do not have access to Amazon Prime "The Looming Tower" starts on BBC this Friday. Well worth a watch if you like anything to do with 9/11.
  • For those of you that do not have access to Amazon Prime "The Looming Tower" starts on BBC this Friday. Well worth a watch if you like anything to do with 9/11.
    Seconded. It's excellent 
    Yeah. Got this set up to record. Been wanting to see it for a while.

The Widow has done me. I'm out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Gave up on Don’t Forget the Driver after episode 3. I can see what it’s trying to do but it’s crap unfortunately. 

A left field suggestion. The latest series (5 I think) of Scot Squad is now on BBC Scotland and available on iPlayer. It’s a spoof mocumentary of the Scottish Police a bit like Operation Good Guys for those of you with long memories. The characters are brilliantly observed and it is very funny. A bit “Scottish” obviously so some of the language etc might be a bit lost on some but it’s well worth a watch. If you can, start from series 1 so you can get to know the characters but if not just jump in. The sketch invoking a giant hay bale penis is very funny in episode 1 of this new series. 
  • What is it with ITV dramas and shit endings. The Bay, another weak as piss ending with so many loose ends to try and get a second series. 
  • I think that’s a real problem with a lot of tv series.
    the writers go into it not knowing and/or hoping for a 2nd series, they then get caught between ending a series properly and leaving enough hanging for another year.
  • Looks like I'm the only fan on here, but I watched the first two episodes of Berlin Station last night. Blimey, it is going for the political jugular this time, with the storyline built around the rise of the Far Right in Germany. Leaving aside the merits of the topic (I think it has lots of merit, the way they go after it) it means the storyline is very clean and crisp this time, whereas in series 1 it was more introspective. 
  • Looks like I'm the only fan on here, but I watched the first two episodes of Berlin Station last night. Blimey, it is going for the political jugular this time, with the storyline built around the rise of the Far Right in Germany. Leaving aside the merits of the topic (I think it has lots of merit, the way they go after it) it means the storyline is very clean and crisp this time, whereas in series 1 it was more introspective. 
    Found series 1 hard going. Not started new series yet. Current series of Follow the Money is the best yet imo.
  • edited April 2019
    'Looking for Rembrandt' .. brilliant 3 part biography of the Dutch master (art not football) .. BBC4 or iPlayer
  • I think that’s a real problem with a lot of tv series.
    the writers go into it not knowing and/or hoping for a 2nd series, they then get caught between ending a series properly and leaving enough hanging for another year.
    Just caught up with final episode. 

Just fizzles out. 

Oh the schoolkid accidentally killed his girlfriends brother with a punch.

The rest was superfluous.  
  • Morven Christie has a habit of being in shows that peter out a bit - The Loch was the same with better scenery.
    Found series 1 hard going. Not started new series yet. Current series of Follow the Money is the best yet imo.
    Yes I got started on that this week too, and am enjoying it a lot. It's had a bit of a style makeover too.

I reckon you will enjoy Berlin Station if it keeps up the pace of the first two episodes..
    Watched it on BBC2 last night. If half of what they portray is true then the CIA are dicks.

As for Jeff Daniels character. Was he really married and still f**king 2 other women
    ..??