Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new signings?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17221172
presumably Football League clubs are free to sign these players, or take others on loan?

Comments

• Options
    Yes they are. The transfer window does not apply as they are now out of contract players. Also means that no fee would be payable.
  • Options
    Was thinking that reading the article earlier but as they are both CM, do we need em?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes they are. The transfer window does not apply as they are now out of contract players. Also means that no fee would be payable.
    a PL could sign them but they wouldn't be able to play (eg Herman from Ipswich for us), I know we can play loan players in the FL but can we sign and play out of contract players?
    Was thinking that reading the article earlier but as they are both CM, do we need em?
    only if they're better than who we have

• Options
    edited March 2012
    if they are out of contract they should be able to sign at any time I would have thought

loan to perm deals I guess would be subject to a loan window

presumably these guys made a 'huge sacrifice'.. but will be rewarded with a juicy signing on fee?

:)
  • Options
    fair play to them doing it to help out those at the club that dont earn 15 grand a week like the kitchen staff.

Maybe a short term contract like the one we offered michael stewart?
  • Options
    Is Naismith (sp?) still injured way out of our league but I can dream