Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace on Groupon

2 tickets for £25 to see Palace v Doncaster. You have to be offering a minimum of 50% discount for Groupon to run an offer for you and they take 50% of the value, so take the VAT off and it's 2 tickets for £10.

Be interesting to see what the take up is for a tiny club in Croydon.

Comments

• Options
    I understand that the queue (2 so far) are an elderly couple who think it's Buckingham Palace.
  • Options
    Didnt the advert say something about "silencing" the crowd?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The promotional blurb is ridiculous . . . "watch tick-worthy tricks"!

They apparently reached an FA Cp semi-final recently, by beating Manchester United.

And what are the chances of "26,000 dedicated fans" turning up?

Go, soccerball!

Although an unlikely social group, footballers, conductors, and harsh-marking teachers tend to bond over their love of scoring. Watch tick-worthy tricks with today’s Groupon: £25 for two tickets to watch Crystal Palace FC vs Doncaster Rovers on Saturday 11 February.

About the Club
    Silencing crowds with buzz-cut strikes, fingertip saves, and well-crafted crosses, Crystal Palace Football Club has become synonymous with gritty displays of determination and top-class talent for more than a century. The club is currently testing net stitch-work with a vigorous Championship league campaign, alongside toppling giants Manchester United to reach the FA Cup semi-final. The multinational squad calls in talents from Argentina, Australia, Mexico and the UK, all performing under the watchful eyes of manager and Palace veteran Dougie Freedman.

About the Event
    Donning the famous red and blue colours, two football aficionados can pass the Selhurst Park turnstiles to watch fiery displays of talent as Palace take on long-term rivals Doncaster Rovers. Looking to return the favour from a 1-0 defeat in September, the home side is sure to put on a show, performing in an electric stadium atmosphere charged by the passionate shouts of 26,000 dedicated fans.

• Options
    what a steaming pile of bull....

at least we know who their rivals are now :-)
  • Options
    That is the greatest blurb I have ever read.
    Surely someone normal must have to review it before it gets sent out ?

'The club is currently testing net stitch-work with a vigorous Championship campaign '. Wtf ?????
  • Options
    I wasn't able to copy and paste from blackberry but thank you for doing that Airman!!!!!
  • Options
    has someone posted it on their forum yet?
  • Options
    Brilliant, what a joke of a club!
  • Options
    The ultimate self-parody of a parody of a football club
  • Options
    words fail me, as if it's not embarrasing enough to be a Nigel.

Go, soccerball! wtf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you Crystal Palace FC for just being who you are.......another chapter in a century year old book of shame, maybe you should change you kit to stars and stripes to further cement your identity to match euro ultra fans, us home kit, brazil shirts when away, truly global....
  • Options
    This blurb reminds me of manuals which are translated from Chinese using a phrase-book
  • Options
    Only sold 52 last time - makes you wonder if it's even worth it!

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london-special/crystal-palace-football-club/1839446
  • Options
    "People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones, but those in crystal palaces should score goals. Have a smashing time with today’s ...."

Was this written by a six year old, american from a 1980's gameshow script team as a part of a "How to fail at Life" course?

Embarrassing stunt from an utter embarrassment of a football club.
  • Options
    In the words of today's yoof OMG!

Either that's a brilliant piece of satirical, Superbowl based marketing or it's quite the most ridiculous thing I've seen in ages.

• Options
    That's gotta be a mickey-take surely!
  • Options
    They are the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen that amazing video of Darren Huckerby's interview when he joined San Jose Earthquakes? The one where 'Hucker-Hucker-Huckerby' flashes across the screen every few minutes and they claim they signed him from 'The Nor Folk team'. This reminds me of that, complete lack of understanding of the topic
  • Options
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I still have (somewhere) my cutting from the New York Times which mentioned how Millwall had beaten Sheffield on Wednesday.

...but that'sfrom a while ago, and now there are plenty of 'proper' football fans there who would cringe just as much as us at the Groupon guff (they watch the Prem on ESPN with Ian Darke commentating, so normal football-speak is what is expected)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A muffin making business that used Groupon went bust due to demand. A small family business where the husband and wife team will be spending the next 40 years making loss making muffins due to demand.We could all buy tickets for this and break em!! That said, I paid an extra £200 to have satnav fitted with Croydon deleted, so I couldn't find the dump anyway.
  • Options
    About the Club
    Silencing crowds with buzz-cut strikes, fingertip saves, and well-crafted crosses

They don't need all that to be silenced
  • Options
    Joke club.
  • Options
    They've changed some of the howlers now.
  • Options
    long-term rivals Doncaster Rovers? eh?
  • Options

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london-special/crystal-palace-football-club/1839446
    To be fair (and I appreciate this thread isn't) 52 was all they had on sale.
  • Options
    33 bought so far...
  • Options
    33 bought so far...
    Wow your keen ;-0

• Options

To be fair (and I appreciate this thread isn't) 52 was all they had on sale.
    I don't think so. I think they just put up "sold out" when the time expires.
  • Options
    Says 80 bought now - that's £2,000!!! Certainly putting our previous ticket promotions in the shade.

Surely this is an offence under the Trade Descriptions Act - "performing in an electric stadium atmosphere charged by the passionate shouts of 26,000 dedicated fans."

Quite an acheivement fitting that many lies into 15 words.