Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alleged Slavery in U.K.

Breaking news on BBC. Not much news yet but this if true will be one of this years biggest stories. Unbelievable.

Comments

• Options

Link 

Shocking stuff.

• Options
    Is shocking but i think Its more common then people think just shows what the human being can do to others discrasgull .
  • Options
    Disgusting, but disappointingly im almost not surprised :| which shows my faith in human kind ...
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Apart from the obvious horrendous nature of this story I just don't get it. It would seem these poor souls have been kept in starvation and in absolute squalor so can hardly have been of any value in terms of earning their vile captors money. I can only therefore presume that they have been kept for some sort of sick reason. I am shock and disgusted by this revelation.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Apart from the obvious horrendous nature of this story I just don't get it. It would seem these poor souls have been kept in starvation and in absolute squalor so can hardly have been of any value in terms of earning their vile captors money. I can only therefore presume that they have been kept for some sort of sick reason. I am shock and disgusted by this revelation.
    They will be the labour used for some of the travellers. Why dig up the driveway yourself when youve got an eastern european or homeless person working for you for a bag of chips and a 'bed' for the night? I'm saying no more but i wonder what those protesting at crays foot think?
  • Options
    Some at least of the 24 released were so malnourished that eating could kill them ! I doubt they have been digging up any drives recently.
  • Options
    Some at least of the 24 released were so malnourished that eating could kill them ! I doubt they have been digging up any drives recently.
    I dont doubt it for a moment but guess we'll find out soon enough whats been going on.
  • Options
    Thought this was another Plymouth thread!
  • Options
    I can only therefore presume that they have been kept for some sort of sick reason. I am shock and disgusted by this revelation.

Nothing other than about using them to make money.

An earlier raid on the same thing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers BA. You were clearly correct in your earlier post. What sort of people are they for god sake. nothing less than monsters.
  • Options
    Cheers BA. You were clearly correct in your earlier post. What sort of people are they for god sake. nothing less than monsters.
    All very very sad that this can happen agreed and hopefully they will go down for a long while BUT their victims will make terrible witnesses in a court so far from a likely outcome.
  • Options
    alleged? .. it has been going in for years and years and years .. the problem has been that most of the slavedrivers are either rich or diplomatic corps protected and thus the police have been loath to upset them, or, prostitutes and pimps have been shipped in and out virtually undetected due to Britains's ridiculously lax immigration laws and enforcement of the few rules/laws that remain.
    Another example in which 'PC' has allowed laws to be broken and vulnerable lives to be ruined in the name of 'cultural diversity' and Star Trek like 'non interference'
  • Options
    Yeah, this won't be one of the biggest news stories of the year sadly. This has been happening for years.
  • Options
    alleged? .. it has been going in for years and years and years .. the problem has been that most of the slavedrivers are either rich or diplomatic corps protected and thus the police have been loath to upset them, or, prostitutes and pimps have been shipped in and out virtually undetected due to Britains's ridiculously lax immigration laws and enforcement of the few rules/laws that remain.
    Another example in which 'PC' has allowed laws to be broken and vulnerable lives to be ruined in the name of 'cultural diversity' and Star Trek like 'non interference'
    Sorry but this is a frankly shocking statement. Do you truely believe the lives of those in the UK are worse now post-PC laws than they were only 50 years ago but certainly 100?
    That's simply untrue and just something spouted by people who didn't live through poorer times in an attempt to blame the ills of today's society on anyone but themselves.
    I suggest you get yourself on one of the east end walking tours (for example) and find out how fair and free Britain used to be.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Can't be bothered. Just put me down as one of the PC brigade and ignore everything I say.
  • Options
    Can't be bothered. Just put me down as one of the PC brigade and ignore everything I say.
    Duly noted. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's unbelievable. I hope they get a very very long sentence and by long I mean 25 years.
  • Options
    The trial has been going on for a week now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-17755278

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-17773902
    Yep, sorry, I only read a report in today's paper and assumed it had started yesterday.

I'm very hopeful that this lot will go down for a decent sentence as a deterent to others.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Found guilty last week. Apologies if this is old news.

Sentencing today some time today I think and whatever they get won't be enough imo. Sadly not the only ones doing this either.
  • Options
    Excellent news - now let's hope the Police go after the rest of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Not sure this is such great news. They have been found not guilty of keeping persons in servitude and found guilty of keeping their own private workforce. I wouldn't mind betting that the sentence between those two charges is very different. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    This has been going on for years. Think of Ronaldo and Ashley Cole - shocking cases.
  • Options
    I cant understand why these people didnt just stay on the streets?
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-22433982

Two more of the same extended family sent down today.
  • Options
    Documentary on Channel 4 now.