Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Really wanted Blackpool to do well this year.... Didn't expect this off them though! I know Wigan are dries but still, what a start!!

Comments

• Options
    I think they may get off to a good start like we did when come up from the playoffs then drop like we did
  • Options
    Wigan are shocking, Blackpool are just amazing. How Holloyway has managed to get Harewood to score twice in the premier league is amazing.

They still have Jason Euell to bring on as well!
  • Options
    I can see their groung being a massive home advantage, a lot of teams could come unstuck there!
  • Options
    I'm sure I remember a team 3 up away & lost 4-3 recently ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I'm sure I remember a team 3 up away & lost 4-3 recently ?[/quote]

LOL..true, but it was a team full of inexperienced players & youth.
  • Options
    Blackpool currently top of the Premier League.

Of course this doesn't count because Blackpool aren't one of the "Big Four".
  • Options
    Wigan 0 Blackpool 4
  • Options
    10 years ago we won 5-1 against Southampton after getting promoted as champions.

Can't believe it's that long ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]10 years ago we won 5-1 against Southampton after getting promoted as champions.

5-0
  • Options
    Southampton game was the year we went down, so must've been promoted by playoffs year before...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was indeed - god knows why I typed "1"
  • Options
    Either Wigan are a complete load of shite or Blackpool are the new Hull...

Don't know which is worse...
  • Options
    Good luck to the litt'luns, it wont last though, we play them next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]10 years ago we won 5-1 against Southampton after getting promoted as champions.

Southampton was in 98/99 after winning the play-offs, was Man City (4-0 I think?) we beat after winning the league.
  • Options
    Ah yes. Was that the home game after drawing to Newcastle away? We thrashed so many teams in the Prem I'm getting confused
  • Options
    Yeah played Newcastle away first game. I sat in the Jimmy Seed stand as they hadn't finished the West Upper at the time.
  • Options
    didnt the Rufus get sent off in the toon game, for an off the ball incident with shearer, the geordies were moaning they should have had a pen, but because the ball was dead and out for a corner they never got one

nil nil wernt it
  • Options
    Still got the Mercury backpage in a frame, the headline reads "CHARLTOP ATHLETIC" 1st place in the premier table.
    I think it Southampton at home first game, Newcastle away midweek.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]didnt the Rufus get sent off in the toon game, for an off the ball incident with shearer, the geordies were moaning they should have had a pen, but because the ball was dead and out for a corner they never got one

nil nil wernt it

That's right. I sat in the car on the way back from Newcastle listening to Danny Baker giving it large ones about how "Charlton are going to finish "Super bottom" this year - come Christmas they will stop printing the full table and leave Charlton off the bottom because everyone knows they will be there and it will save them the embarrassment"

The following week I phoned up his show and got put through to the fat M*llw*all c**t.

"Hello, what's your point?"
    "I've got four quick points I'd like to raise"
    "Go on"
    "They're the four points Charlton have got to put them top of the league"
    "Ah ..... very good"
  • Options
    Good luck to them, hope they enjoy it while it lasts. 4 of their next 6 games are against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool though so i'm pretty sure they'll be in the bottom 6 by October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More remarkable when you recall that Blackpool only got promoted from the Conference in 2005 - I bet no-one there ever thought that five years on they will be sitting equal top of the Premiership with Chelski!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]More remarkable when you recall that Blackpool only got promoted from the Conference in 2005 - I bet no-one there ever thought that five years on they will be sitting equal top of the Premiership with Chelski!!!

Not sure where you got that from. Their recent history:
    2000-01 - league two
    01-07 - league one
    07-10 - championship
    10 - premier league
  • Options
    Don't think they were ever in the Conference
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Good luck to them, hope they enjoy it while it lasts. 4 of their next 6 games are against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool though so i'm pretty sure they'll be in the bottom 6 by October.

And what scares me is that we genuinely have some fans who would rather be going into fixtures against oldham and huddersfield because we'll have a better chance of 3 points than dream fixtures against the above mentioned .................
    Freaks !
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    With this squad Id much rather be in this division....
  • Options
    I agree mascot , with this squad I wouldn't fancy our chances in the championship let alone the premiership !!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Shocking defending, juss shocking. Good luck to Blackpool. Tim Breacker was Ian Holloway's assistant at Leicester. Hopefully, some of the magic will have rubbed off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Still got the Mercury backpage in a frame, the headline reads "CHARLTOP ATHLETIC" 1st place in the premier table.

Likewise, I kept the sports pages from a paper with us at the top of the table - glad I did now as I don't think it is going to come around again too soon!

Feel a bit sorry for Blackpool fans that Chelsea had to go and score six and so knock them off the top quite so quickly...