Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pierre Bolangi - OS piece on July 2023 Legacy Match (p4)

Comments

• Is anyone from here going today?
    It seems something is happening according to Twitter.

Never forgotten Pierre ❤️
  • Thank you 🙏🏻 ❤️
  • Thank you to all concerned.
    Rest easy Pierre.
    Never forget x
  • Beautiful sentiments Jean @Fanny Fanackapan x
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank you Jean.
    If I can help in anyway from over here I will.
    RIP Pierre ❤️
  • RIP Pierre
  • edited August 2021
    For reference today is the 21st Anniversary - 9th August 2000.

@Fanny Fanackapan your days of kneeling on the hallowed training ground turf tending the garden may be over, but there are 50+ years of the Pierre Bolangi annual award at the POTY do to sort out, chop chop  ;)

PS, Kevin has updated his article from last year with a little more information about what the future holds (and a little thank you to Fanny).

https://www.kevingeorge.online/emotional-literacy-mental-health-blog/pierre-bolangi-charlton-athletic-fc
  • Thanks Andrew / Jean 

RIP young Pierre 
  • Many thanks, @aliwibble for putting up those photos which are the ones we gave to Pierre's sister yesterday. 

And to Andy for posting up Kevin's heartbreaking piece. 

This should be brought to the attention of our owner & his SMT, IMO. 

A tragic story which all connected with our club should be aware of.  
  • Why was this original memorial gotten rid of , who decided on that and was there a plan at that time to move it somewhere else because it’s a real odd carry on. 

Well done to all involved  and if finances are required I’d be more than happy to chip in to help with the new stuff .

RIP Pierre 
  • Pierre can never be forgotten.
  • Sponsored links:

• External Image
    Pierre Bolangi's tragic death still raw for former Charlton team-mates who want to create a legacy at the club
    The impact of the tragic death of Charlton teenager Pierre Bolangi is still being felt but now his former team-mate Kevin George wants to create a legacy at the club...
    www.skysports.com
  • I'm really pleased this got off the mark and the first award has been presented and it will now forever be a part of the awards ceremony leaving a legacy for Pierre. I've been fortunate to get to know Kevin and have met Angelique a few times now. Sadly missed the POTY do due to my wedding anniversary, but was there in spirit  :D

Thanks to Fanny for sorting everything and making sure Kevin and the family were there.
  • Very important that Pierre is remembered. Well done to all involved. 'Always smiling, never forgotten'. 
  • Glad to see the legacy continues. I still have a shirt for the museum from the match in prior year. Will make contact with trustees.