Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pierre Bolangi - OS piece on July 2023 Legacy Match (p4)

Comments

• Can't beleive this was 10yrs ago - only seems so recent. Remember reading about it at the time. RIP
  • RIP Pierre. He died working for Charlton and must never be forgotten.
  • Such a shame. RIP

Nice touch with the landing page, dignified and sincere.
  • RIP wee fella x
  • RIP Pierre.

I don't know how I missed this yesterday.
  • A terrible tragedy, and still so sad to read about it again ten years on. Well done Charlton for marking the anniversary. RIP.
  • RIP
    Pierre Bolangi
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Pierre.
  • RIP. Pierre. Could I ask, what became of the memorial garden?
  • RIP Pierre.
  • RIP Pierre, never forgotten. 
  • RIP. Pierre. Could I ask, what became of the memorial garden?
    IIRC it got dismantled in preparation for some building works at the training ground that never quite happened. I think the infamous trench may have been involved. @Fanny Fanackapan will be able to give you chapter and verse on that.
  • Rest in peace Pierre, the Charlton family will never forget you. God bless x
  • RIP Pierre. Forever an Addick.

• Sponsored links:

• Thanks for sharing those posts @ForeverAddickted

Glad so many people were able to participate today, and seems quite unbelievable it’s been 20 years. The fact today was arranged and so many Charlton names attended is one more highlight of what a special club we are, and also what a special lad Pierre was. 
  • My vote for Mr & Mrs @Fanny Fanackapan as project management team is in the post and I’ll see if I can get passed security to help out. 
  • 20 years, unbelievable. Such a lovely lad. RIP Pierre. 
  • T_C_E said:
    My vote for Mr & Mrs @Fanny Fanackapan as project management team is in the post and I’ll see if I can get passed security to help out. 
    Aw, thanks, T.C.E.... I think !

Have only just seen this thread and a bit upset that we didn't know anything about this event.

Perhaps someone might point me in the direction of the information, unless it was by invitation only.
  • T_C_E said:
    My vote for Mr & Mrs @Fanny Fanackapan as project management team is in the post and I’ll see if I can get passed security to help out. 

Have only just seen this thread and a bit upset that we didn't know anything about this event.

Perhaps someone might point me in the direction of the information, unless it was by invitation only.
    Was just by chance that I spotted comments from Peter Varney and Tracey Leaburn, along with a photo from the latter on Twitter 
  • T_C_E said:

Likewise, I didn’t know either. 
    Although I’m guessing with restrictions on numbers and maybe at the family’s request the day was kept quiet. ..........

*With you leading the way, at least we know the project will get finished. X
  • Rob7Lee said:
    We should never forget, and it was nice to see a good turn out today at the training ground, thank @tracey for arranging.

Also, we the Trust are holding (ring fenced) £591 from the residual amount of the protest fund for the re-estblishment (is that a word!) of the memorial Garden.

It was moved to Hadlow College I believe when the trenches were dug. Will liaise with Tracey on this. I'd happily help do some digging...
    Add me to any help digging, fencing, whatever is needed for this project.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    We should never forget, and it was nice to see a good turn out today at the training ground, thank @tracey for arranging.

Also, we the Trust are holding (ring fenced) £591 from the residual amount of the protest fund for the re-estblishment (is that a word!) of the memorial Garden.

It was moved to Hadlow College I believe when the trenches were dug. Will liaise with Tracey on this. I'd happily help do some digging...
    Add my name to those happy to help as and when.
  • I am more than happy to help as well.