Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Eurovision protest song

I have yet to meet anyone that likes or can remember the melody to Waterman & Co's lamentable Eurovision song "That sounds good to me" The programme itself was train crash TV, put together without care or passion, and that goes for the song too. In protest me and my husband wrote and recorded an alternative song (yes another two day quikie) It's POP, it's happy, and it's called "Time stood still" Please go and have a listen, all comments welcome whether good or bad...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3himYwf6A

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Nil pwant.....

Needs some scantily clad women poncing about in the background...
  • Options
    Sorry about the lack of dancing girls, but we're on a tighter budget than CAFC.
  • Options
    Stop wasting your time with Eurovision it's a farce. The voting is politically rigged, and now the former Eastern Block bias countries have it sown up.

The song has a decent melody the singer has a good voice if you could write more songs with a loose story would suit the musical stage. If you wanted it played on radio as a single you would have to put a synthesiser over the vocals, they only play distorted voices on Capital now.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    SF...It really is only a bit of fun, we are just two people in a massive pool of talented british songwriters and as every year passes the angrier we get. Just want people to know that the Uk does have decent writers but everything is fixed and controlled. As for musicals, we wrote and staged one last year....and lost thousands LOL.

Heres the link: http://asongforeurope.co.uk

ps. It's me singing.
  • Options
    It's never been the same since Nicole won it for Germany in 1982. Bucks Fizz started the rot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]SF...It really is only a bit of fun, we are just two people in a massive pool of talented british songwriters and as every year passes the angrier we get. Just want people to know that the Uk does have decent writers but everything is fixed and controlled. As for musicals, we wrote and staged one last year....and lost thousands LOL.

Heres the link:http://asongforeurope.co.uk

ps. It's me singing.

Sorry to hear you have lost money on the musical. I totally understand what you are saying and why you feel angry.
    It's a shame that there aren't the open pathways that used to be in the music and variety entertainment(now dead) business.

However don't give up one day you may get the break you are seeking. One good sign re the song it sticks in your mind after hearing it.

Not only do you have a good voice but it is also commercial, hope you get what I am trying to say.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    edited cos it might have spoilt a suprise for someone.