Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATM - Christmas No.1 ?

Anyone else interested in this?

I can't stand some of the sh*te in the UK single chart's anymore.
I mean Lady Gaga? Oh do me favour!
And Xfactor is the biggest load of rubbish going!

Would be good to see Rage top it this Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Wont get to number 1, would be nice if it did, not only because its a mint song, but to break the hold the xfactor has on xmas number 1 spot. At the end of the day though all its doing is shoving more money in Sony's pocket.
  • Options
    I have a LOAD OF MONEY on them to do it, so all pray they do!
  • Options
    That X-factor tool, whoever he is, is odds on. The bookies are rarely wrong.
  • Options
    Havent heard either song. what even is RATM?...im guessing its heavy metal shite?
  • Options
    RATM = Rage Against The Machine. They're not heavy metal, its rap rock/funk rock.
  • Options
    Started by a facebook group. Clever marketing by Sony.

100 years ago we were campaigning to get women the vote, now we've got this. Technology is making people lazy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Started by a facebook group. Clever marketing by Sony.
    Have heard this as well - if it turns out to be true then it would be hilarious to get the reaction of those 750,000 group members.
  • Options
    I have bought it
  • Options
    Rage Against The Machine as Xmas no.1 - now that would be funny.
  • Options
    I bought Joe's lol i hope he does it, dont mind RAM but think joe deserves it

Not a fan of re-releasing tracks either!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rage Against The Machine are 60,000 sales ahead of X-Factor bloke according to today's Metro. Would love to see this happen.
  • Options
    Who gives a shite.

The state of the 'charts' these days is a joke anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Who gives a shite.

The state of the 'charts' these days is a joke anyway.

lol bah humbug :-)
  • Options
    They haven't re released it. You can make any song in the world number one as long as you get enough people to buy it at once online via download. You can evan record yourself farting, add it to some websites, get people to buy it and done. In the charts. You farting on top of the pops
  • Options
    Its 29p at Amazon. I didnt give a shite til I saw 10-1 at Betfred last week. . . . .

Now I *really* give a shite!
  • Options
    Interesting that they are getting everybody to buy/vote for a song that has the lyric "F**k you i won't do what you tell me"

Anyway would be good for it to get to No.1 but sadly it think the x-factor pretty boy is going to get it
  • Options
    Oh and also. Johnnybev. You bought that tripe? You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Awesome band.

addick... I don't think RATM had anything to do with the campaign.
  • Options
    I thought they were a shit cynical marketing ploy when they popped up the first time. It's ironic that they're part of a cynical marketing campaign, packaged as saving music from cynical marketing. At least people buying the X Factor know that it's shit for idiots. A lot of folk buying RATM probably think they're edgy and alternative.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Oh and also. Johnnybev. You bought that tripe? You should be ashamed of yourself.[/quote]

No, no, no, you should be *very* proud of yourself.

Get your friends over to Amazon asap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I thought they were a shit cynical marketing ploy when they popped up the first time. It's ironic that they're part of a cynical marketing campaign, packaged as saving music from cynical marketing. At least people buying the X Factor know that it's shit for idiots. A lot of folk buying RATM probably think they're edgy and alternative.
    Proper edgy and alternative people brought the song when it first came out in the 1990s. ;-)
  • Options
    I must admit I signed up on facebook and also bought it.

Yes it maybe a little cynical but it is a killer song, one i tend to play on planes for some strange reason.
  • Options
    It would be brilliant if they did win it as it'll be the 5th year in a row X Factor has got the Xmas number one and it just gets boring, monopolised and repetitive (a bit like the top 4 in the Premier League) but either way it's more money for Sony BMG!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Oh and also. Johnnybev. You bought that tripe? You should be ashamed of yourself.

haha not really but has been said i have weird music sense, as enjoy most things. prefer his song to RAM although dont mind them both

and yes it was re-released original was 92 as radio one have said several times, thats not to you CWLC whoever posted earlier
  • Options
    RATM are donating all proceeds to charity. Well, the part of the proceeds that isn't taken by Sony, obviously.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I thought they were a shit cynical marketing ploy when they popped up the first time. It's ironic that they're part of a cynical marketing campaign, packaged as saving music from cynical marketing. At least people buying the X Factor know that it's shit for idiots. A lot of folk buying RATM probably think they're edgy and alternative.

Weren't exactly manufactured, were they? I think they all care about their politics. Zach de la Rocha especially.
  • Options
    Havent downloaded the RATM single this time around as I bought the original album a long time ago now. Doesnt sound as good now as it did back in the day.
  • Options
    Everyone go to Amazon, buy it and find out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Oh and also. Johnnybev. You bought that tripe? You should be ashamed of yourself.

haha not really but has been said i have weird music sense, as enjoy most things. prefer his song to RAM although dont mind them both

and yes it was re-released original was 92 as radio one have said several times, thats not to you CWLC whoever posted earlier

Not re-released, just being bought by lots of people.

And that song by Joe, isn't it a cover of a Miley Cyrus song? FFS!!! That's the state of the UK charts - a 15 year old boy singing a cover of a 15 year old girl. Pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

Weren't exactly manufactured, were they? I think they all care about their politics. Zach de la Rocha especially.
    Tom Morello is more political. FACT! :O)