Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any cyclists on here?..

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    there's a few of us who have been thinking about a 'showdown' at a velodrome. Timing journeys into work is becoming risky - jumping lights, weaving in and out of buses and lorries etc. No hiding place or excuses on a velodrome
  • Options
    i would be very up for a charltonlife day at the velodrome.

think it opens up end of march time.

hugely recommend it. very very fun.

track was under quite a threat of closure for last few years, but future looks to have been secured and they've just redone the surface...
  • Options
    One of the girls at LEC trains regularly at Herne Hill. We've been talking about arranging a "have a go" day there for ages but no one has ever got as far as sorting it out, so I'd be well up for a go.

Watched one of the cat races up at the Gravesend Cyclopark a few weeks back. Jeez, dont think I've got the bottle for that.
  • Options

Watched one of the cat races up at the Gravesend Cyclopark a few weeks back. Jeez, dont think I've got the bottle for that.
    I did it once but was beaten by a whisker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hi johnboy I've been thinking of coming to lec. usually i head out with friends about 7. What time are u Guys usually back at eltham for?
  • Options
    am planning a huge biking year, i live in a
    Been riding on cleats for about 6 months now. In the last couple of weeks I have started getting pain from my left achilies tendon. It only hurts when I ride. No problem walking or at any other time.

I've measured the cleats and they are even. As far as I can tell nothing has changed.

Anyone had this problem or have any thoughts on what might be causing it?
    Recurrence of an old war injury from Villa Park circa May 1999?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    For those interested, Contador has been found guilty. 2 year ban and loses his tour win. Blimey.
  • Options
    @Superclive, we leave Eltham Park at 9.30am. Average speed for the slower group (if there is more than 1 group out) is around 14mph so if you factor in a 30 min coffee stop mid-way, we're normally back at the park for 1pm for a 40 miler. Come along, you'll love it. Check out the ride calendar at http://www.limitededitioncycling.co.uk to see what we've got planned.
  • Options
    For those interested, Contador has been found guilty. 2 year ban and loses his tour win. Blimey.
    Cheers Johnboy, I will get over to bike radar and check out the story.
  • Options
    Doesn't this mean Schleck gets it and Wiggo is now 3rd?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Schlek gets the Tour and Scarponi gets the Giro, the ban runs from the date of the offence so Contador is free to ride from the Vuelta this year.
  • Options

Yep, Andy Schleck gets the 2010 TdF win. Menchov of Radobank gets 2nd, Sanchez of Euskaltel gets 3rd.
    Scarponi gets the Giro d'Italia win.
  • Options
    Oh and apparently there's a small little matter of €2.4m fine too. Ouchy. Not sure who has to pay that though.
  • Options
    Oh yes of course, I'm thinking of 2009. Oh well we live in hope for this year :-)
  • Options
    Oh and apparently there's a small little matter of €2.4m fine too. Ouchy. Not sure who has to pay that though.
    Well if he divvied up his winnings as he should have done, he'll have to try and get it all back. Good luck, Alberto!
  • Options
    Lawyers, constant challenges by both sides. Can appeal, and no doubt will.

I can't see how these fines are ever paid, maybe they have some right to his future earnings but no doubt his assets are in a myriad of names/companies.

It's just a great shame that Scarponi get's to win the Giro. Still Contador will be straight favourite now for the Vuelta.
  • Options
    Anyone got any top tips for Mountain biking in the snow, i'm bit new to the cycling world, and like the previous posts, doing it for a bit of CV, and weight loss, and alls going well. I went over to Dorking yesterday to do the three peaks! Leith, Holmbury, and Pitch Hill. I got puncture 20 mins in, then spent the next 3 hours getting thighs like Garth. I'll give my own tip 1, don't do it!
  • Options
    No, all I'll say is your a much hardier man than me. Mind you might take the mountain bike out on road, bit too slippery on non-busy country roads. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Options
    So, you funky bike riders what bikes do you recommend for my boys - 8 and a 9 year birthdays coming up in March and want to replace the current models as they are outgrowing them...

Many thanks in advance for your kind responses...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got any top tips for Mountain biking in the snow, i'm bit new to the cycling world, and like the previous posts, doing it for a bit of CV, and weight loss, and alls going well. I went over to Dorking yesterday to do the three peaks! Leith, Holmbury, and Pitch Hill. I got puncture 20 mins in, then spent the next 3 hours getting thighs like Garth. I'll give my own tip 1, don't do it!
    Yep! Don't do it. I love Mountin Biking, live in one of the best places in the world to do it but when the snow comes the bike goes up in the garage and doesn't return 'til the trails are clear and dry again.
  • Options
    Saw the best and worst of cycling on Sunday.

Nice early 6.30am start and got 30 odd miles in by 8.30 heading out to Gravesend, taking in the sunrise then racking up 70 miles in the sunshine by lunchtime. In contrast, two of the guys in the club had a major prang. One hit a damp patch of tarmac and went sideways, ending up with a severe dose of roadrash to his left hand side...the lad behind him couldnt avoid him in time, hit the first bike, straight over the handlebars, broke his collarbone and wont be able to ride for 6-8 weeks now. Ouch.

Just hope this sunshine stays with us for a few weeks now.
    Yep! Don't do it. I love Mountin Biking, live in one of the best places in the world to do it but when the snow comes the bike goes up in the garage and doesn't return 'til the trails are clear and dry again.
    TBH, when there's the remotest hint of ice or snow on the roads, I'm indoors using my turbo trainer. Its just not worth the risk of getting injured from a fall. A couple of my friends head straight for Shooters Hill when its snowing as they've got studded tyres.
    So, you funky bike riders what bikes do you recommend for my boys - 8 and a 9 year birthdays coming up in March and want to replace the current models as they are outgrowing them...

Many thanks in advance for your kind responses...
    I guess it really depends on what sort of riding they are doing. If they are riding to and from the park or between friends houses and stuff like that, I guess anything other than a road bike would suit.
  • Options
    This made me laugh a lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4
  • Options
    Season ticket forces sale.
    I have an unused Specialized Langster, 2010 model fitted with spd's. Never been used due to injury.
    £320ono.
  • Options
    Andy Schleck got his yellow jersey handed over 2 weeks ago.

Schlek gets the Tour and Scarponi gets the Giro, the ban runs from the date of the offence so Contador is free to ride from the Vuelta this year.
  • Options
    This made me laugh a lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4
    Would love to see him in le tour.
  • Options
    On Sunday I cycled the South Downs Way in a day ............100 miles with 11,500 feet of climb. It was a significant challenge , the last 15 miles being particularly brutal. Anyone else conquered said route in a day ?
  • Options
    holyjo said:

On Sunday I cycled the South Downs Way in a day ............100 miles with 11,500 feet of climb. It was a significant challenge , the last 15 miles being particularly brutal. Anyone else conquered said route in a day ?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/57092/official-cl-weekend-lycra-warriors-thread-cycling#latest

Newer thread.