Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton

Will start next season with a 30 point reduction...

How ridiculous...

Comments

• Options
    Chin up.
  • Options
    Do you know, I tried & tried to be interested or bothered about their plight, but in the end, I couldn't be bothered.
  • Options
    total disgrace
  • Options
    You'd be better off relegating them, at least then they might stand a chance of Promotion, as it is they're near enough relegated already. They need to win 10 games just to get to 0 points. I'm all for punnishing clubs believe me I am. However I think there's got to be a better way of doing it, in my opinion this could be the end of Luton as a club in the next 2 seasons.
  • Options
    What have they done that's TWICE as bad as Leeds?
  • Options
    yikes.
  • Options
    I think you will the find the alleged mis-management and financial skull duggery is the disgrace, feel sorry for the fans, but whoever decided the punishment had full access to what exactly went on and found it warranted such a penalty.

Cause & Affect, football clubs are not above the law or rules, despite the emotional attachment of fans.
  • Options
    not twice as bad as Leeds. 20 points for Administration, and not the first time, 10 points for irregular payments to agents, which they are appealing, so may or may not eventually be 30 points. Think they have been very harsely treated all round esp by the FA reagrding the illegal payments seeing as it was Club employees who tipped them off otherwise they would never have found out. Shows honesty is not always the best policy.
  • Options
    So they allegedly paid illegal fees to agents, if found guilty, tough.
  • Options
    The individuals involved should be punished IMO...not the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I recall Mike Newell voiced his disquiet about corruption and agents being one and the same and found himself losing gainful employment from Luton Town as a consequence...
  • Options
    That true RS I had forgotten that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]The individuals involved should be punished IMO...not the club

2 seasons ago we were all screaming for West Ham to be deducted points over alleged illegal payments or irregularities, because it suited us to see them punished by loss of points, same thing here, just because we are not directly affected by what went on or the consequences does not change it IMO.
  • Options
    They have broken quite a few rules and laws tbf. How many did the FA charge them with a few months ago?
  • Options
    yes but havent all those that broke the rules fecked off??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2008
    Based on last season they will need 77 points just to stay up...

BBC are rubbing it in as well:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/table/default.stm
  • Options
    Is it just me or does the Kinsella v Davies vote only add up to 98% - Never great at maths but......
  • Options
    As an aside, look at the link carefully.

I like that, very old school!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]As an aside, look at the link carefully.

I like that, very old school!

Took me a few seconds but got there! Totally agree!