Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things you used to enjoy...

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
...but haven't done for ages....

I haven't been skiing for 17 years.....

Comments

• From my Youth...A portion of Chips, cooked in lard, in newspaper with a liberal sprinkling of 'crackles' from the local fish and chip shop.

Skiing...Haven't been for 8 years but hope to go next year (if I can get myself half fit)
  • Sugar in my tea. The thought of it now makes me sick!

I'm going skiing next year too. Vail in Colorado. I haven't been for 3 years.
  • Breast milk ;-)
  • Sugar and milk in my tea - the thought of it now makes me sick!

Taking a rattle to The Valley

Praying the teleprinter was wrong every time a Charlton defeat came through (not sure I enjoyed that really)

Watching the reserves
  • Going for a run

Going to the pub

Going to the theatre or cinema

Going on holiday

Watching cricket

Playing cricket

I could go on!
  • Drinking Tea

used to do it all the time now i hate it
  • two many to list
  • walking in the park with javier.
  • Charlton in the Premiership :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]walking in the park with javier.

Is Javier your Spanish Boyfriend? I didn't have you down as one of those, mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• lol.
  • 6 weeks off in the summer.
    looking forward to birthdays.
    playing sports and not having to take the whole week to recover, then do it all over again.
    pubs closing for a short time in the afternoon. all-day opening has spoilt what used to be decent lunchtime drinking, followed by a decent night at your local.
  • tell me about it paul,play five aside mondays ache like a whores .... till friday.youth is wasted on the young.
  • Courage Best, it is not the bitter it was 10/15 years ago.
  • you drank that?
  • Top quality beer in it's day if looked after. The Beehive upto 1996, The British Oak, The Crossways and The White Hart SE9 all served an excellent.
    Sadly Courage sold up and merged with loads of other breweries and shifted production down to Bristol. It's never been the same since.
  • feeling safe walking the streets
  • smoking
    wearing 32" jeans
    riding a bicycle
    gone to a nightclub
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Top quality beer in it's day if looked after. The Beehive upto 1996, The British Oak, The Crossways and The White Hart SE9 all served an excellent.
    Sadly Courage sold up and merged with loads of other breweries and shifted production down to Bristol. It's never been the same since.

Is that the Beehive in New Eltham,i used to drink in there before they knocked the pub into one and it turned a bit chavvy.The Best in there was good.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]sex

What's that then?
  • comes between five and seven
  • Cuddling my Mum and Dad.
    Any of you who still have your mum and dad, make sure you do it as often as possible,although you can't possibly believe it right now, the simple fact is they're not going to be here for ever.
  • talking to my dad about CAFC

walking about Woolwich at nite

going out on a Friday nite and not knowing where or who ill end up with

feeling indistructable instead of old

playing footie

standing with "the boys" on the terraces

seeing the legend Duncan Frame siting at a bar.seeing Mic Mac behind the decs at the Crown and Cushion and seeing Ian Ps impish grin (you knew something was going to happen) R.i.P.
  • [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]

Is that the Beehive in New Eltham,i used to drink in there before they knocked the pub into one and it turned a bit chavvy.The Best in there was good.

Oh yes. I was a patron of this pub from 1971 - 1996. I was born in 1965 like you fella!
    As a kid I used to sit in the little bit on the side with my bruv and sis. Graduated to the saloon bar at 15/16 and drank in there at least once a week till my 30's.
    Mainly did Monday nights 6-8pm, Thurs 9-11pm and Sundays 1245-2pm.
    Was a great place to meet on a Saturday night before you went on to a restaurant or party. Saturdays were good in there, decent crowd, everyone dressed up. A real proper boozer.
    I had my 21st in there, my stag night and the Head-Wetting of Chirpy Red Jnr.
    My Stag Night was legendary.
    My Mum & Dad also had their 30th Wedding Anniversary there.
    The one thing that made the pub was the Governor. Terry Freak was a very well connected legend in the licensed trade - in fact he still is. There were no slags, no drugs, no chavs, basically no trouble in The Beehive.
    I miss it so much.
    Now, as far as I know, the place is a dive. Fortunately Terry has another pub, the best in South London as far as I am concerned - it's not The Beehive but it suits me.
  • wheres his new pub mate?
  • Going to weekenders and drinking during every waking hour for five days...

I have to have a night off after two nights out on the trot now...
  • Going to away games in NSS red fiesta,
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]wheres his new pub mate?

Dacre Arms in Lee
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]wheres his new pub mate?

Dacre Arms in Lee

Shhhhh! ;-)

The best kept secret in SE London.