Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best pub you have been in....

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
Mine would be the one my ex and I encountered in the middle of nowhere on the North Yorkshire Moors. Was raining cats and dogs, loads of open-fires, Old Peculiar on tap, lovely fish and chips.....

Can't remember the name though

Comments

• Options
    The Slaughtered Lamb?

Were the locals friendly, or did it all go quiet when you went in?
  • Options
    Lol.......it was quite a big pub if I remember right and it was pretty full...
  • Options
    Nice little pub with the name bell in it in Rye, Sussex, lovely sunny day, little terrace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]Nice little pub with the name bell in it in Rye, Sussex, lovely sunny day, little terrace.

The Bell End?......lol
  • Options
    The London Inn, St Neot, Cornwall would rank high on my list.
  • Options
    did they say don't go out on the moors.

been to so many it's hard to bloody pick one out.

the gun in limeharbour is well worth a visit especially in the summer when they do there portugese bbq, has to be booked,
  • Options
    Square & Compasses in Worth Matravers:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/57/5705/Square_and_Compass/Worth_Matravers
  • Options
    BFR

My father in law absolutely loathed the Square and Compass. The staff were all pissed, it took him an age to get served, they had run out of his favourite drink, draught cider, and the rubbish bins were overflowing. He is a bit fussy!!!!!

I quite liked it though.
  • Options
    Ordance Arms --Woolwich

i know it was a great boozer when my feet couldnt move after being stuck to the carpet ! now that pub had atmosphere ---- no hold on wasnt atmosphere it was fear. fear i could get out ofthe door before i caught something !

Or My aunts ex pub in Bermondsey. Real Orish Sarf London boozer and as i kid i used to love riding up and down on the beer hoist.
  • Options
    Barge Pole

Thamsmead

Watch this space sure its been done before?

Dive dive dive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rose and Crown

A good friend of mine is the landlady of this pub. Some of you have met her. Anyway if you ever find yourself down Sherborne/Yeovil way its worth a visit. Lovely food - pub is in a little village called Trent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

Or My aunts ex pub in Bermondsey. Real Orish Sarf London boozer and as i kid i used to love riding up and down on the beer hoist.

what's the pub called? or what was it called?
  • Options
    BFR you beat me to it. I was also gonna say The Square & Compass.
  • Options
    Anyone esle been in the Bride of Denmark in Queen Anne's Gate?

Private pub in the basement. Great decor but the service was poor.
  • Options
    Not sure if it is the same as Gump's, but The New Inn at Cropton http://www.newinncropton.co.uk/ on the North Yorks Moor is a favourite (possibly the favourite) of mine....great food (piled high - always appreciated) and some of the best beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking...always bring some back down south with me...
  • Options
    The Crystal Palace Tavern - Deptford

Terrible name - amazing boozer. Used to open until about 11am - fulled of the strangest bunch of characters you could ever wish to meet.

Birthplace of Razil.
  • Options
    the boozer in ardleigh weren't bad on the lifers coach up to Ipswich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Not sure if it is the same as Gump's, but The New Inn at Croptonhttp://www.newinncropton.co.uk/on the North Yorks Moor is a favourite (possibly the favourite) of mine....great food (piled high - always appreciated) and some of the best beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking...always bring some back down south with me...

Not the one......it had a big carpark and was in the middle of nowhere..
  • Options
    Any pub that I have pulled in gets my vote
  • Options
    i take it your teetotal then DA9 ? and wheres the thingy between the A and the 9 ? as in DA_9. Was that your married name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have obviously got too much time on my hands today... If the New Inn is best for beer, the Fox and Hounds in Sinnington, also on the edge of the North Yorks moors, is definitely best for food...

http://www.thefoxandhoundsinn.co.uk/restaurant.php
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Have obviously got too much time on my hands today... If the New Inn is best for beer, the Fox and Hounds in Sinnington, also on the edge of the North Yorks moors, is definitely best for food...

http://www.thefoxandhoundsinn.co.uk/restaurant.php

Nope....lol
  • Options
    Mmm for me the Cricketers in Rainham kent takes some beating. Unbelievable women, large boozer loads of Big Screens, Music, Pool tables, decent food.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]i take it your teetotal then DA9 ? and wheres the thingy between the A and the 9 ? as in DA_9. Was that your married name?

It was an order from god.....AFKA
  • Options
    Not saying its the best but The Bull at the top of Shooters Hill is a really good local.
  • Options
    Has to be the gatehouse Woolwich Dockyard before it turned into Mancini's
  • Options
    Is the North York Moors one The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge. I think its the road that cuts through the Moors from South to North.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Any pub that I have pulled in gets my vote

So its the Admiral Duncan for DA9 then ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Is the North York Moors one The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge. I think its the road that cuts through the Moors from South to North.

Thats the one...well done Sir...
  • Options
    Link;

www.lionblakey.co.uk