Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Look on the bright side...

Charlton might have blown the play-offs but the mighty Boston Red Sox are walking away with their division again. OK, it's early days, but after a shaky start to the season they have won every game (five in a row) since I arrived in town. I must be a lucky omen as a similar thing happened last year. Been to two games so far, one on a decent ticket, one on a cheap ticket. Cheap ticket was 25 quid; you normally have to pay 50 to 100 sterling equivalent for a decent seat at Fenway Park and there's 81+ home games a season, which makes the complaints about football pricing seem somewhat churlish! Turns out the cheap ticket was an awesome seat, very front row on right field just in-play side of Pesky's Pole (the foul ball line)- got clattered by fielders diving for the ball twice. Good stuff. Got loge seats right behind home plate against the Angels tonight and tomorrow night. Then back to the UK for an anti-climactic end of the CAFC season, sigh. GO SOX! PS can't remember who had Texas Rangers in the pick a baseball team thread by four-nil, you suck, etc etc etc...

Comments

• Options
    I think that might have been me FH due to the mighty Gers

i gather that you kicked our butt

glad it pleases you

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-)
  • Options
    Only another 587 games to go Floyd.... :-)