Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

David James

Is it because he is now a veteran that he doesnt get any flack for his balls up last night. Reacted too slow and thought the ball was going to roll in his arms!

Comments

• I couldn't beleive he did that. It's time to stop the persecution of our players over mistakes IMOP

More to the point the most worry thing about last night was our lack of creativity NOT one shot on target
  • " .......It's just like watching Charlton"......... tra-la-la
  • Sid James should never play for England again. He has the concentration level of a goldfish......Oh no.....Feeeeeeeeesssh!
  • Joined, erm, Bristol City.
  • No way....
  • He has mate. England's current number one - playing for Bristol.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]No way....

new wife comes from the area apparently.
  • Great signing for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey!!
  • I like James - not the most reliable goalie in the World, although he can be outstanding on his day, but he's one of few high profile eccentrics left in English football. This is just another slightly bizarre happening in the world of David James.
  • Well done Bristol!!

Must have pushed to boat out to get him!
  • Other comedy goalkeepers have come and gone. Paul Robinson with his air kicks, Scott Carson and his flapping and of course the wonderful Robert Fumble Green, but David James has consistently provided the world with LOLs for around 15 years now.
  • They also signed Nicky Hunt and Damion Stewart today. Bristol City could do well next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Other comedy goalkeepers have come and gone. Paul Robinson with his air kicks, Scott Carson and his flapping and of course the wonderful Robert Fumble Green, but David James has consistently provided the world with LOLs for around 15 years now.

Harsh I thought. Any keeper that decides he'll come for every high ball is going to have the odd fumble, but how many more goals would his side concede if he left the centre halves to deal with them?
  • Well, bugger me sideways (that's not an invitation by the way)....... I am surprised!

Usual blah blah about still being ambitious, the club wanting to make it their season, etc.
    And maybe they will, with Steve Coppell at the helm and a raft of quality signings.

The Bristol Bashers haven't been in the top flight for about 30-odd years, when they had a couple of seasons with their legendary goalscorer of the time, Chris Garland. Being based in a city of around 425,000 and a huge catchment area, there's no reason why they couldn't sustain themselves as a lower-half Prem club.

David James' reasons for signing are interesting, having recently married and living in Devon:

"It's not about money; I've had better offers financially elsewhere. It's about doing what I need to do as an individual and a player. I wanted a home environment and other options wouldn't satisfy that."

Good to hear that an established top player and current England international isn't just interested in cashing in or chasing the dollar. Okay, a top class career for 20 years has hardly left him broke - but he 's not afraid to publicly declare that family comes first.

BTW David James is a decent artist and painter ..... not afraid to mix it up or brush with the best.
    Remember seeing him featured on TV, demonstrating his painting techniques and exhibiting his work.
  • If Copell works his magic and signs a few more decent players then the +18 on the handicap with Corals might look rather big
  • Christ you have to see his hair!
  • Yep, some barnet !!
  • Sponsored links:

• It's Sideshow Bob
  • edited July 2010
    Always seems a decent sort of chap, if slightly bonkers when he gets on the pitch. I've said for years if you take his best 89 minutes in a game he's one of the best but I think he's had a tendency to get bored and race out of his goal to get nearer the action with er, unpredictable results. The last minute of the LC game vs Liverpool in the mid nineties springs to mind...!