Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curry Houses....

Sauasge, I concur with your views on the Jalsha...great food, very friendly staff, always give us a free drink and its only a 2 minute stagger home. D and I used to travel to Chislehurst for a decent curry but we don't bother anymore....

Comments

• when i was at college the halfway point between my crowd was albany park and used to spend many an evening in ruchi's

haven't been there for years, as nothing takes me to albany park these days, but would defo put it on a top 10 list

especially when compared to the curry house in crayford down that little dead end bit where they ran out of onion bhaji's on a saturday night!
    les, rothko and stewart aka pogo had a curry there after portsmouth away last year, we went on the coach, and went to the dogs when we got back and then onto a curry - long day , but we weren't too impressed!
  • The Maharajah in Bexley Village always used to be my curry house of choice for a night out - before that it was Babu Saheeb near Lewisham hospital.

Anyone been to "Tamasha" just outside Bromley? Fanciest - and priciest! - curry house i've ever been to. Big fella on the door with a turban on looked like Bernad Breslaw in Carry on up the Khyber and the Karma Sutra pictures in the khazi were eye watering!!!
  • "Le Spice" in New Eltham (opposite The Beehive) is my fave. Used to be the Well Hall Tandoori (opposite the Welcome Inn) until we moved and found something even better!
  • The Viceroy - charlton village.
    Fantastic place. (Especially the monday night banquet night... bargain)
  • the one opposite the welcome inn was my first ever indian,after a charlton away .thankyou cheeseroll.
  • Vice roy curnit is my fave curry house. They have a napali section on the menu, and they do this amazing green (in colour) chicken thing, it is well nice.

I been going in viceroy for 10 years, the staff are friendly and i never had a bad meal in there in that said 10 years.
  • my first ever curry was the kohinoor by lamorby, it burnt down and stayed empty for years
  • When I used to live in Chessington the best one had to be the Aggra Tandori in Tolworth.

Now I live in Kent, I have no idea which one is best, have tried quite a few different ones but none stand out. Medders/Cafc Bourne any suggestions as all this talk of curry is making me fancy one tonight.
  • edited November 2006
    Must've been one seriously hot curry Suzi!

I'll get my coat....
  • My Dad, who worked in the swimming pool there, reckoned it was an insurance job, although the official explanation was a stray firework...
  • Sponsored links:

• yeh i heard someone posted a firework through the letter box. was weird that it stayed empty for so long.

isn't it now yy chang?

f-blocker> hehe!
  • [cite] Ketman:[/cite]When I used to live in Chessington the best one had to be the Aggra Tandori in Tolworth.

Now I live in Kent, I have no idea which one is best, have tried quite a few different ones but none stand out. Medders/Cafc Bourne any suggestions as all this talk of curry is making me fancy one tonight.

For Sittingbourne, the Maharani is our favourite. It's a small place but the service is top notch, and the food isnt far behind. It's the one two doors from the Ypres. If you have to wait for a table, they tell you to go to the Ypres and they'll come and get you when your table is ready... nice touch!

Best in Kent though, IMO, is in Rainham. Just up from the Cricketers..... Can't remember what it's called as there's two up there. It's the one on the same side of the road as the Cricketers....
  • The Curry House in Beckenham always good....... The Akash in Penge always good....... The Shooih Shoonah in Wandwworth was just about the best in the world if you ate there on a Thursday......

Id probably pay about 400 Aussie dollars right now..... yeah about 400.....
  • Yeah Sooze Ruchis is quality .

Also the Shaon in Chislehurst
  • Cheers Medders, have just spoken to someone in Office & she said Maharani is best she'd been to. Am Defo going there tonight.

The Rainham one you are talking about is Indian Spice I think, went there all the time on way home from Cricks..!
  • [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Cheers Medders, have just spoken to someone in Office & she said Maharani is best she'd been to. Am Defo going there tonight.

The Rainham one you are talking about is Indian Spice I think, went there all the time on way home from Cricks..!

Enjoy! Have a few Cobra's for me mate..... it's also now nicely convenient for the Vineyard...

In Rainham, I always get confused between the two - the other is called Meridian something or other I think?
  • Where do you work anyway Ketman?
  • 1. The Cafe Royal in Beckenham - top nosh, try the karahi
    2. The Murch Massala in Tooting Bec - for quality of food and byo booze
    3.. The Diwana in West Wickham - for banquet nights, 5 courses for £15 (recommend the dakeshwari)
    4. The Tamasha in bromley - for extravagance and the Karma Sutra pics in the toilets
  • Cafe Raj on the Well Hall parade of shops....quality curry and me and my footie team use it so much they want to sponsor us !!.

Great story from when we were all in there after training one night (I know I know - kinda defeats the object of training) anyway, my mate went to the loo and we all ran and hid in the kitchen to the amusement of the chef, my mate came out the loo saw us all gone and panicked that we'd done a runner and left the bill for him, bolted for the door and shot off up towards the tudor barn....we came out and sat back down and carried on eating....5 mins later a sheepish looking face was peering round the window because he'd run off and left his football bag in there....
  • Medders, I work in Faversham above Brogdale Apple Farm its' quite near Ospringe.

Ah that's it, Meridian Spice, that's the one next to the Cricketers..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice and local then.... wish I had a short journey like that!

Yeah you've got it, Meridian Spice... Always good after watching a game at the Cricks....
  • edited November 2006
    Is the Star Of India still going in Eltham, Avery Hill Park end of the High Street if I remember rightly opposite South something road?

Used to go there a lot when I was in SE London.
  • Viceroy is great, Wild East in Plumstead is tops, and the Red Chilles place that Buckshee gets his take aways from is class
  • The Tamasha in bromley - for extravagance and the Karma Sutra pics in the toilets

Suuush. Don't tell the riff raff or they'll all be coming to Bromley. If you want something cheaper in Brommers try the Papadom. Next street to me and good quality for a local indian. Not the Red Fort but what is.
  • My favourite is 5 mins walk from my home, excellent food and attention though a bit pricey (maybe not by London standards) take a look at their menu etc www.kushboo.co.uk.

I remember that I used to go to the Mad Indian in Marchmount St London the dodgy red sign had lost the 'ras' . I prevented some folk doing a runner one evening and was always looked after. In Muswell Hill it was The Curry and Tandoori Garden Restaurant.... now that was a challenge to write on a cheque when you had too many Kingfishers
  • The Viceroy is pretty decent, but isn't it closed on a Saturday or Sunday evening?

They used to do a great platter-type thing, 4 smaller portions of different curries on a tray, with rice and naan etc... a good way of trying the different curries when you're not brave enough to order a full portion.
  • viceroy? open every day of the week... i should know? :-)
  • Must of changed then... it used to be shut one evening on the weekend, I just presumed it was due to a Charlton game being on - which didnt make sense seeing that's probably where they get a lot of their custom from!
  • we've been in the viceroy for a curry on a saturday night after football..
    Ok it was a fair few hours after the game finished & we stumbled out of the bugle