Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League Draw

Doesn't hold a candle to the 'People's Cup' but just about to happen on Sky Sports.

Comments

• How are Man City in pot 3, and Arsenal in pot 1???
    The Germans Champions are in the lowest seeds aswell.
  • It's done on how many times they've played in the CL.
  • Done on the combined ranking of your country's performance and the individual clubs ranking over last few years.
    Man City have no individual ranking whereas Arsenal have regularly reached latter stages of the tournament so have a higher coefficient than other teams.
  • it should be champions only across europe, all teams equal in the draw bag, and two legged knockouts
  • Showing my age , i loved the olden days when it used to be knockout one tie.
  • Showing my age , i loved the olden days when it used to be knockout one tie.
    Didn't make enough money though!
  • I don't really watch it till it gets to the knock-out phase. The Group stages are just tedious.
  • I don't really watch it till it gets to the knock-out phase. The Group stages are just tedious.
    Me neither.
  • Man Utd currently losing and going out!
  • And Man City winning now.

I'd piss myself if they went through and United went out.
  • Sponsored links:

• utd 2-0 down

Get that nappy ready!

Get that nappy ready!
    City are out too as Napoli won 2-0

Get that nappy ready!
    They're both out.
  • Well Napoli means im still in control!
  • City & United both go into the Europa League.

Get that nappy ready!
    They're both out.
    Oops, yeah, just saw that - getting carried away with the Basel result.
  • Anyway, when did all this "Bazel" business start?  I'm sure when I went there it was Basle and everyone pronounced it "Barl".
  • You got to love this...

@StanCollymore
    Manchester City & Manchester United. We at Channel 5 Football are
    delighted to have you on board. "Thursday Nights,Channel 5". Welcome!

• Sponsored links:

• Absolutely bloody hilarious that the gruesome twosome are out of the CL.

Could not happen to a nicer bunch.

FC Basel!!! We probably pay our players more than they do!

• How dodgey was the Lyon score today, before the game they were 3 points behind Ajax with a goal difference of -4 whilst ajax had a goal difference of +3. Ajax lose 3-0 to real madrid which is fair enough but Lyon winning 7-1 away scoring all 7 in the second half after being 1 down they got 4 goals in 7 minutes as soon as the second half started and hit 7 by the 75th minute to go through to the next round. Lyon had only previously scored 2 in their previous 4 champions league matches. Steards enquity me thinks.
  • To make matters worse, the Ajax loss was not "fair enough". While 1-0 down they scored two perfectly legal goals but had them chalked off for offside.

Some eejits have argued that it's still 3-2 if you include them, but I'm half-certain a second string Real side with one eye on the Clasico this weekend and who scored three times on the break wouldn't have given too much of a stuff about chasing the game if they were 2-1 down.
  • http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/dinamo-zagreb-1-lyon-7/

It doesn't look that dodgy from the highlights reel, but impossible to tell from a 2 minute video.
  • slightly off topic ..  debt burdens allied with player arrogance are impacting on the premier league .. Man U cannot afford top quality players, the Glazers want to get the multi million dollar loan off their backs and the club is paying too many mediocre players too much money .. and I suspect that Man City's players now expect every opposition to fall down and kowtow to their magnificence .. it aint gonna happen in Europe where small clubs and unknown players still play as much for the love of the game as for huge financial rewards .. the game is still the thing
  • When is the draw for the knockout stage?
  • Friday week.