Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The word brought at the end of the piece looks good, no loans
  • You can still bring somebody in on the loan system.  He did not say bought.
  • Sounds like the centre back is imminent. Get scouring the net people, something will likely be picked up on Twitter etc soon.
  • I think that we've made a net profit this summer, with the Jenkinson fee, but it is good to see the money being re-invested.

I think that it is a good approach to be cautious and not to spend frivolously on rejects/ players living off of a past reputation.

• Cant fault Slater!What a guy! Exciting times ahead thats for sure!
  • The centre back could easily be Dailly or Anderson.
  • The centre back thing has been forgotton in the last few weeks.

Think we need someone with pace, but I wonder who Slater is talking about?

Osbourne? Pearce? Legge?

Or maybe he just means Christian Dailly re-signing.

• Excellent news, i would imagine that will put a smile on everyones face ?

Now if we could add a right back to the list & ship out that useless lump francis back to the 4th division where he belongs I think we could be set for an interesting season ;-) 

Oh no - who is it on here that has the real bee in their bonnet about the difference between the two? Chirpy?
  • Well clearly we want a centre back and target man. When Slater says pace I wonder if he means at centre back or another striker?
  • Sponsored links:

• fair play to slater, at least they are putting their hands in their pockets aye.
  • I demand for something to moan about ! Seriously though, Slater and co have walked the walk as far as I am concerned. Good stuff
  • I would have liked to have seen someone like Anderson signing, because he can cover two positions, and with the league cutting the number of substitutes to five we will need someone like him.
  • When talking about pace i thought he meant the striker.

Lisbie was quick

• I'd be happy with Andersen too.
    I reckon it's Anderson. Could quite easily have gone home to pack up his things for a 3 year stay in London?
  • Schlupp and Tunchev is the word on the street.

Not on the OS so NOT fact done deal
  • I like our owners.
  • schlupp and tunchev would make sense, both lecister reserves. know powell etc just some cover would be nice.

I signed Tunchev for my Charlton FM team and he turned out to be a bit pants, then again I didn't play him much...Don't think he is that quick either for those after a pacy centre back

Slater seems like the sort of guy who gets things done, so am confident things will be done before the season starts
  • Sponsored links:

• Tunchev is 6ft2 would be a great signing if true...
    Oh no - who is it on here that has the real bee in their bonnet about the difference between the two? Chirpy?
    There's a huge difference. Bought is something purchased, Brought is is a past tense of bring. simples :-)

Tunchev who has spent most of his 3 years at Leicester injured?  Would be a strange one.

I remember he was rated as Prem standard by whoever did the FM research on him while he was in Bulgaria.
  • The board clearly mean business and want/demand that we are challenging at the top. This is a lot of pressure for Chris Powell and will either make or break him. Its really refreshing to hear the chairman back his manager and I really hope Powelly is succesful as he was as a player with us. This board however will take no prisoners and we have been missing that vision for some years.   
    I reckon it's Anderson. Could quite easily have gone home to pack up his things for a 3 year stay in London?
    I would like it to be Anderson and yes! he may have gone home to 'sort fings aahrt' as someone used to write on 606!! (Not me by the way)

Pacy striker is how I read the article as well.
  • Grant Holt type striker is what I took from the quotes
  •  

I could see it being Tuchev as he is another left footer who could cover left back and if it is him then Anderson will not come.

• A twenty goal a season man? When I said that the other day I was told no way would we get another one of them and that we'd have to make it up with midfield goals. Looks like I was right after all.
  • Despite the target man being needed, I'd love to see the likes of Chris Martin @ Norwich joining us.

More importantly I think this shows that CP has recognised that we're still short in certain areas and him and the owners are addressing this.

All very rosy at the moment and long may it continue!