Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Magnus Okuonghae

edited June 2011 in Rumours
At least a few will be happy (!) we are after a defender: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6970701,00.html

Comments

• What is our obsession with Dagenham and Redbridge players past and present??? ;-)
  • Struggling to remember him playing against us... though was he the one who literally was completely terrorised when Norwich ran amok there last season?
  • Yet another Dagger with a lot of potential and a nice price on his head. John Still should be sitting in Powell's chair now. He knows what he's doing at this level and has the ability to make silk purses from sow's ears and to polish rough diamonds into valuable gemstones. Excuse the mixing of metaphors  
  • Checked a few sites and it looks like he hasn't played since November?
  • I remember him. He's the Colchester defender who is built like a brick outhouse. Always been impressed with him and is a bit quicker than what we have - would complement Doherty or Dailly well.
  • If John Still is so good - and has so many sought after players, how come they got relegated?

• We tried to sign him when he moved to Colchester, if I recall correctly. Think he confirmed that he turned us down for whatever reason.
  • If John Still is so good - and has so many sought after players, how come they got relegated?

you could equally ask: how did they climb out of the conference and into the football league?. And, they were relegated along with a team who beat us in the play offs the previous year, And they ran on reportedly the lowest budget in the division, And, the fact that Still had continually to sell players to make ends meet fatally weakened the daggers survival prospects.
  • There's a limit to what he can do Vincenzo, this level was always going to be very tough for a club as small as Dagenham & Redbridge. Getting into it was a major achievement in the first place. 

He seems to have the whiff of Sam Sodje about him, which may or may not be a good thing.

you could equally ask: how did they climb out of the conference and into the football league?. And, they were relegated along with a team who beat us in the play offs the previous year, And they ran on reportedly the lowest budget in the division, And, the fact that Still had continually to sell players to make ends meet fatally weakened the daggers survival prospects.
    So does he have the ability to make silk purses out of sow's ears or not?  At best unproven at this level, and certainly with the expectation being at a club like ours will bring.
  • Sponsored links:

• looks like a massive brute i want him.
    Oh er!
    Of course you do, but should Charlton sign him?

;-)
  • I Didn't cover myself to well there. let me rephrase

'Looks like a massive brute i want him to represent charlton athletic football club and have no sexual contact with me unless were promoted'
  • I Didn't cover myself to well there. let me rephrase

'Looks like a massive brute i want him to represent charlton athletic football club and have no sexual contact with me unless were promoted'

@Marriott

What about a decent cup run ? ;0)
  • Do you think that when his mum was pregnant with him, her & her husband were sitting playing scrabble whilst also deciding on a name for their future child?

So does he have the ability to make silk purses out of sow's ears or not?  At best unproven at this level, and certainly with the expectation being at a club like ours will bring.
    what's 'expectation' got to do with it?  A manager selects a team to go out and win football matches. Said manager should expect his team to win be It Manchester United or the Dog and Piddle
  • Lets hope any 2nd bid we make for this guy comes off. It would send out a positive message to other potential signings i.e. the likes of Hayes & Wiggins etc if they see us strengthening the squad in other areas.
  • I remember him from Colchester - quite liked him at the time I remember. Might be an interesting physical defence with him, Mambo, Francis and Youga although I know many would question the quality.
  • East Anglian Daily Times reporter Stuart Watson doesn't think there's anything in this story and thinks its probably just talk from his agent.

• Sponsored links:

• I think I've decided, Twitter is making it worse
  • Twitter is utter Tosh f f s, bullshit for bird brains

• problem is Lincs it isn't

There are as many wind-ups/know it all's in their bedrooms as there are on forums and on football rumours, but twitter is now a rolling news channel, a newspaper edition that comes out on the hour and every journalist's (from Henry Winter to the bloke who covers non-league in the local rag) "you heard it here first" platform - there is a lot of rubbish in it, but it's now the first place that news breaks 
  • What I mean by making it worse, is that the types who hang about on FR are now hanging about on Twitter believing everything on there now.

Leave Twitter alone, it's good fun
  • What I mean by making it worse, is that the types who hang about on FR are now hanging about on Twitter believing everything on there now.

Leave Twitter alone, it's good fun
    I dont know where you find the time !!. He who runs twitter runs the world, Orwell was right
  • From Sky sports...   Addicks bid rejected 
  • Does anyone know how much we've offered for him?
  • RichCawleySLP twitter confirms we definitely had a bid rejected, and he believes it's likely we will make another bid.
  • Like the look of him, certainly fits CP's vision of adding more 'physical presence' to the side.

Make another bid and sign him I say, unless they want stupid money, in which case. sod off.

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/9407559.stm

Was an ankle injury that kept him out since November. We must be confident he will completely recover, doesn't look like he'll be cheap.