Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions league betting... am I missing something here?

edited May 2011 in General Charlton
Paddy power refunding bets if barca win, therefore by backing:

No. of bets = 15

Score    Odds      Stake    Return
0-0         15/2         £5         37.5
1-1         6/1            £5         30
2-2         16/1          £2         32
3-3         75/1          £1         75
4-4         350/1        £1         350
United to win:
1-0         17/2          £4         34
2-0         16/1          £2         32
2-1         12/1          £3         36
3-0         50/1          £1         50
3-1         35/1          £1         35
3-2         33/1          £1         33
4-0         200/1        £1         200
4-1         125/1        £1         125
4-2         150/1        £1         150
4-3         300/1        £1         300

Total Outlay: £30

Youre outlaying 30 quid with a minimum return of 30 quid... by keeping that ratio and upping the stakes surely youre pretty much betting with the bookies money (as long as the score isnt greater than 4-4) - if barca win or it's 1-1 youve got your money back; any other score and you're in profit. Surely cant be that easy?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    There is a term that they can refuse to acknowledge your bet as eligible for money-back special if they feel that you are attempting to put yourself in a guaranteed profit on the back of the offer with multiple bets.

You won't get your money back I shouldn't think
  • Surely you could just get different people to collect different parts of your bet?
  • Isn't the bet only refunded if the game doesn't go to extra time tonight
  • Surely you could just get different people to collect different parts of your bet?
    I wasn't aware that the offer was available in shops as well... if that's the case and you have half a dozen people at your disposal then crack on ;-)
  • Isn't the bet only refunded if the game doesn't go to extra time tonight
    Yes. 90 minutes only Barcelona win.
  • Reminds me of when a fella I worked with got all excited about the North London Derby one year as he'd worked out if he put on £X with one bookie and £Y with another then he "couldn't lose".

I said, What happens if it's a draw?", to which he replied, "Shit, didn't think of that!".
  • I was going to put £5 on the attacking barca players and £2 on the defensive players to score 1st.

Say messi scores and I get my stake plus winnings back do I also get the money I put on other players refunded if barca win in the 90 mins
  • Reminds me of when a fella I worked with got all excited about the North London Derby one year as he'd worked out if he put on £X with one bookie and £Y with another then he "couldn't lose".

I said, What happens if it's a draw?", to which he replied, "Shit, didn't think of that!".
    Hence backing the draw aswell mate...
    Isn't the bet only refunded if the game doesn't go to extra time tonight
    Yup, but any score that would take the game to extra time is covered, 1-1 would give you your money back and any other would bring in a profit

• The guy who owns the local bookie drives a better car than me, therefore I suspect betting may be a mugs game. Having said that, I do the Euromillions!