Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Racon's qualities?

edited April 2011 in General Charlton
Without trying to argue with anyone on here...
I can see a lot of people speaking highly of the man but I honestly cannot see why?

Racon:
He can't shoot, pass, take a man on, assist, score (enough), lacks pace and never seems to have the ball under control.
Tackling not bad, but we've got Jose for that.

Someone enlighten me.

Comments

• He cant shoot?! have you seen some the goals he's scored?
  • Took on quite a few players yesterday too.
  • be pleased to see him go - as the song goes, 'thierry racon - be glad when you're gone, thierry racon - be glad when you're gone'. Read he may be off to Palace?
  • I have to disagree and I am not his biggest fan. He has bundles of ability, that's unquestionable but he doesn't produce the goods regularly enough. Against Rochdale he was very effective. If we can see the best of him consistently under Powell's style of play then he is a massive plus for next season.
  • not being funny BR7, but there is no point really debating this as imo you clearly can't see the player that is there. He is technically the best footballer we have had at the club over the last few seasons. Sadly for much of it he has underperformed, but he is a quality player and thriving in this current role.

He won't win PotY, but he won my vote.
  • My opinion of Racon has always been just as high as mine of Semedo.
    Two good players, but like Lampard and Gerrard for England, these two don't do eachother any favours.

When you take Jose out of the side, we are left with real passers of the ball in Stewart and Parret, & yesterday shows how them two enchanced Rac's performance.

He has the ability, no question.
  • His heading is actually a lot better than people give him credit for, wins he's fair share in midfield
  • edited April 2011
    I think he is getting better at playing on the left, where he seemed to resent it in the past. If we got an attacking wing back, he could be very useful to us I think. I'm not sure Bessone is that player though although he should be good enough as a reserve if his wages aren't excessive.
  • I love semedo, but Racon is definately better... rather see semedo leave!
  • Anytime I've seen him play I can't remember one long/hoof ball he's made. Always tries a pass along the floor. It's obvious CP wants us to play the ball on the floor more and Racon is one of our most confident on the ball, agile and seemingly gets himself out of tight situations with his ball control.

If our aim is to emulate Brighton next season we need people who want too pass a ball
  • Sponsored links:

• In terms of ability Racon is better than Semedo. In terms of effort and consistency then Semedo wins hands down. Racon has more to offer the team playing in the style that Powell wants but it comes back to how regularly he performs.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]not being funny BR7, but there is no point really debating this as imo you clearly can't see the player that is there. He is technically the best footballer we have had at the club over the last few seasons. Sadly for much of it he has underperformed, but he is a quality player and thriving in this current role.

He won't win PotY, but he won my vote.
    Totally agree AFKA.
  • I used to quite rate Racon but that is before he played more - he oiften looks as though he's frustrated with thosea round him but personally i think he flatters to deceive and will never really amount to much. Getting away from Semedo may well help his game actually although i'm not quite sure what his game is still.
  • edited April 2011
    But lately he has been performing well - If he is being played well - as the Huddersfiled right back was for example- he needs to be brought off sooner - but he has more than enough for most league 1 defenders and his recent performances testify to this.

I think he has shown that he isn't quite as good a I and I suspect others thought he was, but he is well above the level - so we should try to keep hold of him if possible.
  • I agree that racon is technically one of our most gifted players. Am finding it strange how we can compare racon to semedo as they are two completely different types of players. I do feel with the skill he is more effective out wide as often he is predictable in the middle, however with jackson coming back from injury and with supposedly new additions coming in, i think he may well find it hard to break in the team next season.
  • Racon let me down last season, after his period of playing football in the run end of The Championship, i was delighted to find out that we were keeping hold of him, however last season he could have been much better, and for me let us down.
    He can shoot, we have seen this before, but this season some of his shots have been terrible, he just never seems to blast it, however yesterday's goal was good. He is gifted, but in my opinon i don't think we will ever see the best of Racon again. I wouldn't personally care if he left this summer.
  • I just can't see how people can say he is technically gifted, he's suppose to be our central midfielder who sets up the forwards, but does he really do this? Does he ever play defence spliting passes that forwards thrive on and score goals from? I don't think so. Would never question the lads effort because I believe he wants to play for us.
    I'll go as far to say he looks much better on the left, but technically gifted midfielder is no the word for him, his control at times is very poor. Technical abillity is what we have lacked the last two or three years, Andy Reid, there's a technically gifted player, albeit you'd have to get a cab round is waist.
  • [cite]Posted By: BR7_addick[/cite]I just can't see how people can say he is technically gifted, he's suppose to be our central midfielder who sets up the forwards, but does he really do this? Does he ever play defence spliting passes that forwards thrive on and score goals from? I don't think so. Would never question the lads effort because I believe he wants to play for us.
    I'll go as far to say he looks much better on the left, but technically gifted midfielder is no the word for him, his control at times is very poor. Technical abillity is what we have lacked the last two or three years, Andy Reid, there's a technically gifted player, albeit you'd have to get a cab round is waist.
    Biggest difference between Racon and players like Andy Reid is they have a much better football brain. Of course Reid is technically better, but what Racon really doesn't have is that range of passing the likes of Reid have.
  • I cant find the words...

Some times for how good and sometimes for how bad!