Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reid Keep or chuck

I think we should try and keep him. personally I feel Reid's injury meant we gave Jackson a few games too many, he was a goal machine but our game got worse as we lost our width on the left and after not playing him for months Reid lost form. Powell's subs are too late and If we had given Reid more of a chance we might me going up this year. Although he just got sent off and he has a bit of attitude.

Comments

• get rid i thought he was a great signing

sulky lack of fight putting team under pressure tosser
  • Has the ability but not sure about the desire or nous. I will be happy to let Chris Powell make the call on this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Has the ability but not sure about the desire or nous. I will be happy to let Chris Powell make the call on this one.

This.
  • Confidence player. Could be outstanding in a winning team. Need to write off this season which has been a disaster not just for Reid but the club in general. Keep him, keep the quality, get rid of the dross.
  • he's cost us 3 points today, what a w**ker
  • Please explain how those of you who were not at the game today have any justification in making comments on a player's future when you didn't see him play but instead probably made your comments based on a very poor commentary?
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Has the ability but not sure about the desire or nous. I will be happy to let Chris Powell make the call on this one.

This.
    Agree. No doubt someone could get more out of him, but only with the right players around him. Depends on how Powell wants to play or who he could replace him with.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Please explain how those of you who were not at the game today have any justification in making comments on a player's future when you didn't see him play but instead probably made your comments based on a very poor commentary?[/quote]

when you are 2-0 up after the run we have been on, you close the game up.To be booked twice in 4 minutes is totally unacceptable and unprofessional.
  • Did he brake the other blokes leg?
  • Semedo as captain should know better so is just as responsible.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Please explain how those of you who were not at the game today have any justification in making comments on a player's future when you didn't see him play but instead probably made your comments based on a very poor commentary?

Made my mind up well before today.

Bye bye.

He is a show pony with absolutely no footballing brain. No good to us whatsoever.
  • Reid is not exactly a tough nut or particularly clumsy. Two bookings in two minutes is hardly typical of Reid so until I find out more I am not condemning him today.
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Reid is not exactly a tough nut or particularly clumsy. Two bookings in two minutes is hardly typical of Reid so until I find out more I am not condemning him today.

Been on the phone to my father in law who was there and he tells me the second tackle was an absolute shocker. No reason to disbelieve him.

Could argue that he has cost us 3 points in the last 2 games.
  • Bye another one hope i never see again
  • I would keep, in the hope we could get the old reid back, who was absolutely quality. although it's then a risk that he'll never get back to his old self.
  • I dont think either were red cards so think saying that they cost us the game is harsh
  • on commentry the said it was a horror challenge and it sounded like the fella broke his leg according to how the stretchered him off

thats one back for the tackle on grant

but there was no need for him to make it, its alrite mouthing off about not being in the team, he goes and shows his stuff with the goal then does that absolutely stoopid
  • Sometimes these things can happen when a player is trying too hard to make an impression. Could have been just very badly timed with no intent. I'm not going to pass judgement until I see it.
  • I think there are plenty of positions that need addressing before left wing. I'm also not sure we could get better without spending money. Disappointed Harriott didn't get chance to see if he could make step up.
  • It was a block tackle their was no horror challenge,or that how it looked to me. Uf it was a horror challenge he would of got a straight red. Then senedo won a header their bloke throw himself to the floor and he got his second.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2011
    sorry but just because he scored a single effing goal today doesn't make him the messiah, but getting a red makes him a very naughty boy.

He has no footballing brain whatsoever, came on against Huddersfield and lost us the game, scored a goal today then gets sent off, reading Powell's comments recently I think he's off to be honest, and personally I couldn't care less, Jackson is the better player overall, and seeing as we have 90 million to spend in the summer we can do much better than him. Can someone let me know how many games this season this 'wonderman' has had a positive influence on?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]he's cost us 3 points today, what a w**ker

Agree with the sentiment but surely it can't ne more than two points ;-)
  • A player who thinks he should be playing for a better club than us. Sadly I thought he would be our best signing last summer, needs to either raise to challenge next year or fuck off.
  • He's had a poor season but up to the sending off, he was very good today. His goal must be the best of the season and once people see that on TV they MIGHT start having second thoughts about letting him go. He could be a bad apple or he could be really good. If we can get someone like Myles Weston then let him go. If we can't then offer him a new deal and work on him.
  • He obviously has talent, but no manager has got him to produce it with any consistency. If they had, he wouldnt be with us. I finally gave up on him last week with that 'cameo'.

He'll end up with mcleod at Barnet
  • Chuck him!!
  • Great goal today, up to powell.
  • edited April 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Please explain how those of you who were not at the game today have any justification in making comments on a player's future when you didn't see him play but instead probably made your comments based on a very poor commentary?[/quote]

The 10's of other games he's played?

[quote][cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]I would keep, in the hope we could get the old reid back, who was absolutely quality. although it's then a risk that he'll never get back to his old self.[/quote]

I agree the Reid We had before was quality.

[quote][cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]sorry but just because he scored a single effing goal today doesn't make him the messiah, but getting a red makes him a very naughty boy.

He has no footballing brain whatsoever, came on against Huddersfield and lost us the game, scored a goal today then gets sent off, reading Powell's comments recently I think he's off to be honest, and personally I couldn't care less, Jackson is the better player overall, and seeing as we have 90 million to spend in the summer we can do much better than him. Can someone let me know how many games this season this 'wonderman' has had a positive influence on?[/quote]

I disagree with you completely at their best Reid is miles better than Jackson. I know Jackson was on a hot streak with goals but if you look at his game for a left winger. He can't run particularly fast, Can't dribble, not a great passer, he did have a good shot and an ok cross but he was a left back out of position in my eyes. He wasn't just lucky he played well but he made the whole teams game worse.

Unfortunately I feel Reid's off this summer. I still think if he never got injured at the start of the season which he made a massive impact on we would have been at least in the play offs this year
  • Brighton have 11 players who give it week in week out. Reid does definitely not fall into this category.

It's a no from me.
  • Stunning goal today and the reaction to his sending off is well ott.