Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

For the good of lower league football..

Fighting for the lower league clubs and that they can't just be walked all over and good on them as well.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/save-orient.php?id=signature_id|desc|1300|&page=view

Comments

• According to that petition Chris Powell is a Palace fan!
  • Orient were approached in the initial building plans and they said they were not interested. They have only become interested because they think they can get a few quid. Hearn said on telly they were looking for tens of millions.....How the hell did he come up with that? They wouldn't earn tens of millions of pounds in gate reciepts if west ham was to fold tomorrow. They aint being walked on, they wont ever notice a drop in attendance. The whole thing is a little scheme by Hearn to get some money in his pocket so lets not do the little club fighting the big club. Its about a greedy little man seeing an angle to get a few quid. I hope he falls flat on his face and costs him a fortune in legal bills.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient were approached in the initial building plans and they said they were not interested. They have only become interested because they think they can get a few quid. Hearn said on telly they were looking for tens of millions.....How the hell did he come up with that? They wouldn't earn tens of millions of pounds in gate reciepts if west ham was to fold tomorrow. They aint being walked on, they wont ever notice a drop in attendance. The whole thing is a little scheme by Hearn to get some money in his pocket so lets not do the little club fighting the big club. Its about a greedy little man seeing an angle to get a few quid. I hope he falls flat on his face and costs him a fortune in legal bills.

Agree with this
    I still think the loyal 3 or 4 thousand will go and if West Ham are away they'll get the extra 500 too
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]According to that petition Chris Powell is a Palace fan![/quote]

Well he did play for them once. He is a Croydon boy too isn`t he?
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient were approached in the initial building plans and they said they were not interested. They have only become interested because they think they can get a few quid. Hearn said on telly they were looking for tens of millions.....How the hell did he come up with that? They wouldn't earn tens of millions of pounds in gate reciepts if west ham was to fold tomorrow. They aint being walked on, they wont ever notice a drop in attendance. The whole thing is a little scheme by Hearn to get some money in his pocket so lets not do the little club fighting the big club. Its about a greedy little man seeing an angle to get a few quid. I hope he falls flat on his face and costs him a fortune in legal bills.

Totally agree. He's just having a punt.
  • Hearn's a chancer, he's also Millwall so WHU aren't exactly his best mates!
  • Could someone answer a question for me please; are West Ham buying the Olympic stadium or renting it?
  • Have the FA contravened their own rules about one club not being allowed to relocate to another clubs proximity? My concern is more about the FA bending their own rules to benefit premier League clubs again. I'm not bothered whether Orient make a few quid out of it or not. Unless they come in for BWP on the back of it.
  • edited March 2011
    Also I haven't got over WH cheating their way out of relegation with the connivance of the FA at the end of that sorry season...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient were approached in the initial building plans and they said they were not interested. They have only become interested because they think they can get a few quid. Hearn said on telly they were looking for tens of millions.....How the hell did he come up with that? They wouldn't earn tens of millions of pounds in gate reciepts if west ham was to fold tomorrow. They aint being walked on, they wont ever notice a drop in attendance. The whole thing is a little scheme by Hearn to get some money in his pocket so lets not do the little club fighting the big club. Its about a greedy little man seeing an angle to get a few quid. I hope he falls flat on his face and costs him a fortune in legal bills.[/quote]

Totally agree. He's just having a punt.[/quote]

I agree, but he is doing exactly what I would expect our owners to do if we were able to pull together an argument. If he gets something all well and good to him, if he does not then he will have some lawyer fees to pay bit overall not a lot lost.

If I was Hearn,I would go for some gate percentage for any crowd over West Hams Upton Park average gate for say ten years. say x pence for every seat
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient were approached in the initial building plans and they said they were not interested. They have only become interested because they think they can get a few quid. Hearn said on telly they were looking for tens of millions.....How the hell did he come up with that? They wouldn't earn tens of millions of pounds in gate reciepts if west ham was to fold tomorrow. They aint being walked on, they wont ever notice a drop in attendance. The whole thing is a little scheme by Hearn to get some money in his pocket so lets not do the little club fighting the big club. Its about a greedy little man seeing an angle to get a few quid. I hope he falls flat on his face and costs him a fortune in legal bills.

Totally agree. He's just having a punt.

I agree, but he is doing exactly what I would expect our owners to do if we were able to pull together an argument. If he gets something all well and good to him, if he does not then he will have some lawyer fees to pay bit overall not a lot lost.

If I was Hearn,I would go for some gate percentage for any crowd over West Hams Upton Park average gate for say ten years. say x pence for every seat

I think if (and its a big if) he gets anything it will be a percentage of their loss of growth, so say if their gates have been going up 10% each year for the last 5 years then all of a sudden they go down 10% then the premier league will have to pay the difference. That being said, they must not drop down a division because that would have affected their gates anyway. I'm not sure why people are saying west ham should pay! What exactly have they done wrong? They have put a bid in for a building that would be become derelict in a few years. They have broken no rules by doing so, if by sanctioning it the premier league have broken their own rules then thats for them to deal with.
  • Uncle did not say they should pay but what I would do if I was Hearn. Someone said Hearns a chancer and this is what he is doing, trying it on. I don't know the rights and wrongs as I have not and have no interest in reading the rules.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Uncle did not say they should pay but what I would do if I was Hearn. Someone said Hearns a chancer and this is what he is doing, trying it on. I don't know the rights and wrongs as I have not and have no interest in reading the rules.

Sorry mate i mis-read your post. To be honest i have no interest in the rules or even if he gets anything. A bit like i had no interest in west ham getting the stadium