Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Crisps?

Comments

• Roast Beef Monster Munch
  • Salt N Shake are in Waitrose, and most probably Tesco.

Golden Wonder is a good shout.

Don't want to be too controversial, but Sensations: Thai Sweet Chilli, for me, are the most overrated crisps in the long history of crisps.
  • Marmite, Bovril and from my youth Oxo.
  • Tesco most def do salt n shake as my kids love em
    also do golden wonder s&v C&O and plain all my faves!
  • pickled onion monster munch all day long.

partial to a packet of skips too.
  • [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]Salt N Shake are in Waitrose, and most probably Tesco.
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Tesco most def do salt n shake as my kids love em

Cheers - I'll be there. You better not be fooling with me! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]Salt N Shake are in Waitrose, and most probably Tesco.
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Tesco most def do salt n shake as my kids love em

Cheers - I'll be there. You better not be fooling with me! ;-)

Now made by Walkers though and not as good as when they were Smith's.

Tried some Walkers Max Steak crisps yesterday. Massive disappointment, McCoy's rip off
  • Salt & Vinegar Chipsticks all the way (ready salted also very good).

Frazzles & Monster Munch are close contenders.

From my youth I remember Bacon Footballs that were hard to beat.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Now made by Walkers though and not as good as when they were Smith's.

Hold on! You're back-peddling now.

What else is different about them then - maybe the salt is already on those little potato chips and they're now called salted N shaked. ;-)
  • think they are still fundamentally the same just the potatoes are a different variety. I'm not that much of a crisp connoisseur to know the difference - I just started the thread out of interest! They aren't the same to me, although most of the fun came from the act of pouring and tasting as opposed to the flavour!
    Wikipedia can tell you more.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2011
    Ones from my yoof, were Fangs and Claws and one other in the series I can't think of
    I think fangs were S&V and Claws Ribs were Beef, but may be wrong!
    BONES were the other one!
    Old crisps!
  • Fish n Chips were good too BUT not a crisp!
  • Slightly off topic but some memories in here
    Old 70s packets!
  • Brannigans did 'Ham and Pickle' flavour

By far the best.....

Cant find em now :o(
  • Hmmmm....Seabrooks crinkle cut....perfection. Ready salted, no need for flavourings, just delicious.
  • Hmmmm....Seabrooks crinkle cut....perfection. Ready salted, no need for flavourings, just delicious.

I have never even heard of Seabrooks and so have resurrected a 10yr old thread as I have just read that Britain's favourite crisp was been voted as Walkers!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8712864/britains-favourite-crisps-channel-5-monster-munch/

Monster Munch didn't even come in the top 10...peoples reaction on twitter quite amusing.

The top 20

1. Walkers
    2. Pringles
    3. Doritos
    4. Kettle
    5. McCoy's
    6. Walkers Sensations
    7. Golden Wonders
    8. Tyrell's
    9. Hula Hoops
    10. Seabrook
    11. Monster Munch
    12. Quavers
    13. Wotsit
    14. Brannigans
    15. Salt and Vinegar Chipsticks
    16. Mini Cheddar
    17. Burton's Fish and Chips
    18. Salt and Vinegar Squares
    19. Walkers Salt n Shake
    20. Nik Naks

Cant stand Wotsits or Quavers. And I didn't even know Golden Wonder were still going unless I am thinking of something else.

I do love a Pringle as long as its not that nasty Sour cream flavour

• Has to be between Walker's Cheese and Onion and Kettle Sea Salt and Balsamic depending on my mood.
  • Walkers cheese and onion.
  • How do Tayto crisps not make the top 20 - ok, so they are largely made and sold in Northern Ireland but we do get them in places and once you have had them.....loaded with flavour and properly crisp. They are numero uno. Also, Tavern Snacks of SE10 should also be there on merit.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Brannigans beef & mustard or King's cheese and onion 

• They were an impressive crisp....
  • Top 10
    1. Marmite
    2. Marmite
    3. Marmite
    4. Marmite
    5. Marmite
    6. Marmite
    7. Marmite
    8. Marmite
    9. Marmite
    10. McCoy's Flame Grilled steak
  • Complete disgrace that Monster Munch didn't make top 10. 

Golden Wonders ffs?!?! Council Estate crisps.

Walkers Sensations are still Walkers, so waste of a place there. 

Hula Hoops? Who decided these, a 4 year old?

Terrible list.
  • Cheese & Onions Walkers. Hands down the best. End of. 
  • Cheese n Onion Discos
  • Walkers are absolute trash. Guarantee people are voting for them out of nostalgia, lack of imagination or wilful reactionism. You couldn't grab a worse bag if you went into your local newsagent right now 
  • If you want just 30% of your packet filled with a second rate crisp, then Walkers are the ones.
  • Leuth said:
    Walkers are absolute trash. Guarantee people are voting for them out of nostalgia, lack of imagination or wilful reactionism. You couldn't grab a worse bag if you went into your local newsagent right now 
    What that person there said.

Walkers are are the stallions of pony crisps.