Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Degale v Groves 21/05

could be an interesting fight, anyone see Ringside on Sky last night, Degale came accross as an absolute pr*ck and I'd love to see Groves bash him up.....unfortunately I can't see it.

think it's the same night as the Nathen Cleverly fight and also Haye v Klitchko(sp)....decent night of boxing.

Comments

• degale will give him a real beating.
  • Degale easily, he's progressed a lot more since turning pro than Grove has.
  • true, groves seems a little chinny,think 8-9 rsc
  • Could be interesting if Groves pops a big one on his chin early on.

I fear De Gale will be too good however.

Cleverley will win.

Hope Haye mullers the Eastern European robot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite], Degale came accross as an absolute pr*ck and I'd love to see Groves bash him up.

Just watched it and agree

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12184_6818153,00.html
  • De Gale has improved beyond recognition. He'll win this!

Great night of boxing!
  • I don't think I've ever seen a boxer who irritates me as much as DeGale. Arrogant prick. That said he'll clean Groves out in the later rounds when he tires and gets sloppy.
  • Groves aint got a chance in hell. FACT. LOCKED ON.
  • Anyone else going to this?
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't think I've ever seen a boxer who irritates me as much as DeGale. Arrogant prick. That said he'll clean Groves out in the later rounds when he tires and gets sloppy.
    Prince Naseem Hamed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought Haye was either last week of June or first week of July (heard more likely first week of July)

From what I've seen of both DeGale should beat Groves.

It's Cleverly v Braehmer. Tickets went on sale today, you gotta pay decent wedge at the o2 otherwise you're stuck far from the ring & just watch it on the big screens!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't think I've ever seen a boxer who irritates me as much as DeGale. Arrogant prick. That said he'll clean Groves out in the later rounds when he tires and gets sloppy.
    Prince Naseem Hamed?
    Hamed was at least exciting. DeGale isn't exciting - he's good, but not as good as he thinks he is.
  • Hamed also had a bit of charm with his arrogance. De gale just came across as a wannabe rudeboy having an argument on the back of a night bus.
  • groves won that verbal spat hands down,but has to be the worst dresser on earth
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I don't think I've ever seen a boxer who irritates me as much as DeGale. Arrogant prick. That said he'll clean Groves out in the later rounds when he tires and gets sloppy.
    Prince Naseem Hamed?
    Hamed was at least exciting. DeGale isn't exciting - he's good, but not as good as he thinks he is.

That's the crux right there

De Gale is good, not really been tested, not been to America even for a journeyman fight, beat Paul Smith well (domestic level at best) looks good technically, and is a southpaw and they are always awkward

Groves is not chinny, he is a tad 'Frochy' with the way he carries his hands, but has a deceptively hard hook left hook which will be key for him.

De Gale will be favourite but I fancy Groves to win
  • after watching that footage I want Groves to knock him out.
  • De Gale will do all he possibly can to aggravate and wind Groves up. De Gale is not as good as his gob is though and he is not witty enough to trap off like that, bit like Anthony Small (absolute shithead).

If Groves boxes as he can he will win.
  • please take a bet with me please
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDBy-JJrsA&feature=player_embedded#at=64
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Anyone else going to this?

I was going to but the tickets are well expensive. Ringside is £500+ and just lower tier is half the price of a Charlton ST! Think I'll watch it on telly.
  • I'm going. Got my tkts last week.
    Think it's very harsh to say Degale has not been tested.
    Facing a good seasoned pro like Paul Smith in your 9th fight
    Is a real test. Believe me. He came through with flying colours!

Yes - he's flash and yes- he's mouthy. But he is also very good and will,
    I think, be a World champ pretty soon.

As far as this fight goes... Groves may ask some questions early on but
    I can only see a relatively easy night for Degale with a mI'd round stoppage.

He's improved far more than Groves since turning pro and will be way to cute for
    him IMHO.