Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trouble at Millwall

Comments

• I would say that Jackett could be in very hot water for those comments, he is basically endorsing their behaviour and the authorities cannot tolerate that.

It takes a grown-up like Tony Mowbray to explain to him that throwing objects onto the pitch is totally unacceptable.
  • To be fair, he did start his sentence by saying "I'm not condoning it..."
  • There just getting warmed up for when they play QPR
  • The only people to blame for this behaviour are the people of Bahrain & Libya, giving spanners idea.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]To be fair, he did start his sentence by saying "I'm not condoning it..."

oh that's alright then , jeez.

It would be nice to see the book thrown at them lot but it won't happen.

I do actually feel sorry for the non brain dead that go there (yes there are some) but whereas at other clubs there are so few numpties that the better behaved lot can stop them at Millwall there are too many idiots for the silent minority to be able to stop
  • I think throwing the book at them might just reinforce the idea that it's okay to throw things at people.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Cardinal Sin[/cite]To be fair, he did start his sentence by saying "I'm not condoning it..."

Yeah but that is crazy, supposing somebody had been injured then? However lets not use Jackett's ill chosen words as a scapegoat for those who think its acceptable to throw things at the field of play. I hope they have got them on CCTV.
  • To be fair dummies thrown from the stands are not going to hurt anybody.
  • Millwall boss Kenny Jackett said: "I'm not condoning it, but I do like the passion and enthusiasm."

what a helmet of a comment
  • Just to make things clear -

Trouble at Millwall matches is never the fault of Millwall fans (as they are salt of the earth, rough diamond, cheeky chappies).

It is always the fault of: the police, stewards, opposition fans, the pub landlord, coach driver, Ronald McDonald, spanner manufacturers, etc, etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was reading some of the threads on hof and the mentality of some of their fans is simply laughable.
    Did the Middlesbrough team coach have its windows put in?

Did anyone confront the officials as they turned into Idlerton Road?

This is what would have happened in the old days. And in reality there's not a thing the FA could have done about it. Yeah, it gave us our reputation as thugs...which damages the club in other indirect ways, but there would be no fines or sanctions.

And that's what annoys me about the coin & bottle throwers. It's just making us look like mugs. Lita & co must be laughing their socks off. We'll get a fine & JB will be pissed.

However, rather than do that crap in the ground, get on your toes, get on the road out of The Den & throw a rock/brick through the team coach windows. Or wait for the officials to come out of the ground.

NB: This is a post to illustrate a point. Not a particulary clever one...just something to think about.

What a cock
  • It kicked off outside Bramall Lane last week as well. Described as just like the early eighties. Apparently the South Yorkshire OB lost control. 50/50 on both sides.
  • The wallies throwing plastic bottles etc doesn't help us whatsoever. Does seem to be getting as usual more media attention than it does at any other ground. Liverpool fans were lobbing loads on at Chelsea the other week. Either way, we need people to stop throwing bottles on.

Mowbray has also played it down though...."What an asset it is to have that intensity and noise but you overstep the mark when objects come onto the pitch."

Interesting photo in the Mail though...a club official (with Millwall tracksuit on) handing out bottles of Powerade to players is described as a steward clearing bottles!
  • And I didnt see any bottles of lager being thrown from our end when the Millwall fella scored the first goal last season....
  • That old chesnut of more media attention than any other ground always cracks me up when the millwall missus tells me that
  • Yet ANOTHER example of the mindless scum who go to that absolute hell hole every other week.

How many teams in the world have poor decisions made against them week in week out?
    It happens all the time, but does that end up with a violent reaction elsewhere?
    No.

Will there be any punishment? Will they pick out these morons from cctv footage? Will they give banning orders?
    Of course not, the spineless authorities will ignore this as usual which is a shame as someone needs to stop these fucking idiots giving London, and England football a bad name.
    Wonder why we failed in our world cup bid? I would suggest the reputation of the spanners didn't help us- to say the least.
  • Naughty, naughty spanners. They just can't help themselves, can they?

They should be sent to bed (before match of the day) without their tea. That will learn the little scamps.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Yet ANOTHER example of the mindless scum who go to that absolute hell hole every other week.

How many teams in the world have poor decisions made against them week in week out?
    It happens all the time, but does that end up with a violent reaction elsewhere?
    No.

Will there be any punishment? Will they pick out these morons from cctv footage? Will they give banning orders?
    Of course not, the spineless authorities will ignore this as usual which is a shame as someone needs to stop these fucking idiots giving London, and England football a bad name.
    Wonder why we failed in our world cup bid? I would suggest the reputation of the spanners didn't help us- to say the least.

To be fair objects get thrown on the pitch and at players every week up and down the country. However, how stupid have you got to be to keep lobbing objects from almost point blank range when the plod are already wading in? As you say they should have a field day on the old CCTV.

It doesn't surprise me that those in that stand are acting up, I believe that's where their young idiots have chosen to congregate, and as even SLL acknowledges, not many proper Millwall want anything to do with teenagers in nike air tracksuits jumping up and down and throwing bottles.

That post above about in the old days we'd just go and brick the coach made me chuckle, almost like the old saying if you're gonna get caught at least make it worthwhile what you get caught for!
  • i'm sorry but when we was away to wall last year i do remember seeing a load of objects being thrown when their 3rd goal went in and an attempted pitch invasion from to supporters wearing shoes which the failed to get over. alright it wasn't as bad but throwing missles isn't something we can comment on and call all millwall fans scum as not all of them could have thrown things. just like not everyone threw things when we was at the den on the 13th. The Jacket comment was a little retarded though.
  • my millwall mate told me that a glass bottle of budwieser was thrown onto the pitch and the millwall rightback swiftly lobbed it off so as it didn't get noticed
  • Sponsored links:

• Was prob a plastic bottle as they only sell beer in there in plastic bottles unless someone sneaked a glass one in.

Yea when we got spanked 4-0 by them scumbags i did see a few bottles being thrown but that was a one off. Trust me if it was at the valley & we done them 4-0 it wouldnt just be bottles being thrown but seats aswell. Where ever millwall go there seems to be trouble & im not buying the whole 'media concentrate on them more' thing. Load of ballacks that is
  • [cite]Posted By: Godstone[/cite]Just to make things clear -

Trouble at Millwall matches is never the fault of Millwall fans (as they are salt of the earth, rough diamond, cheeky chappies).

It is always the fault of: the police, stewards, opposition fans, the pub landlord, coach driver, Ronald McDonald, spanner manufacturers, etc, etc.

You forgot to add the media, for only highlighting Millwall and nobody else...it kicks off everywhere the Millwallistas will say (as in West Brom v Wolves today), and the Millwall fans are likely to say that the experience at Millwall is repeated everywhere every Saturday, just look at those pesky Barnet v Accrington Stanley Ultras ferinstance, but the blimmin media only report it from Millwall, and when it kicks off big time at Torquay it's swept under the carpet.
  • Jacket is a prick with that comment!
  • [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite] im not buying the whole 'media concentrate on them more' thing. Load of ballacks that is

We'll see how many pages the papers devote to the all the violence, seats being ripped out, flares being thrown etc at the WBA v Wolves game today then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]im not buying the whole 'media concentrate on them more' thing. Load of ballacks that is

We'll see how many pages the papers devote to the all the violence, seats being ripped out, flares being thrown etc at the WBA v Wolves game today then.

No doubt the same tired old excuses will be rolled out.
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite]im not buying the whole 'media concentrate on them more' thing. Load of ballacks that is

SLL you are undoubtedly a very decent Millwall fan, as your many posts on here over the years demonstrate. However do other Millwall fans justify very poor behaviour because it is part of football, part of being passionate, part of following your club, part of the culture? In addition do those same Millwall fans dismiss Charlton fans as wallies because our manifestation of passion is campaigning for our ground, fighting for survival, leading on anti-racist and community initiatives, and supporting our club in numbers? I would say (as a ST holder of 40 years' standing at Charlton, and a veteran of SE London existence, indeed an ex-resident of Surrey Docks) that Millwall's version of being passionate, being a geezer, being a 'bowling' Lion is ultimately destructive of your club. I will stay a wally and a trainspotter quite happily...and yes I know we have an element of very unpleasant fans too, the difference is we don't try to justify it.
    Mind you many Millwall fans sing 'No one like us, we don't care'...do you sing this as well?
  • edited February 2011
    Dont really give a toss about millwall they just get on my tits absolute idiots ,as for jacket you only have to listen to him talking on sky the guy must be as thick as those millwall fans throwing those bottles on ,shut the shitehole down, let em play behind closed doors for a few games ,deep down i feel sorry for the true millwall fans my pals i play golf with are millwall season ticket holders and they are good decent honest people , look every club has idiots but millwall keep doing week after week apparently they took afirm up to sheff utd last week with the intent to cause hag some things never change.
    [cite]Posted By: O-Randy-Hunt[/cite] im not buying the whole 'media concentrate on them more' thing. Load of ballacks that is

Not seen much in the papers today or on the news about this either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8vNLM4B2E

Kicked off big time. If only they'd thrown 3 plastic bottles it may have made every paper and news channel.
  • got to love the Millwall view by some on there forum about the trouble in trafalgar square this week , luckilly not all on there are so daft

http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=59575&posts=10
  • Jeeeeesus H Christ - what a classless bunch that lot are.