Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]On most things I agree Chirpy, but not the bus lane thing.

I actually think it’s a massive mistake to make bus lanes only apply in certain times - it only creates problems.
    The reason for having bus lanes is because the traffic is bad and busses need priority. By definition if the bus lane isn't in use there isn't that much traffic. People only ever use them to get the jump on someone else. There is invariably only one lane leading away from the lights so why create two lanes leading up to it. Just queue like everyone else.

That's the thing I hate most in the world. Car drivers who think that their time is more important than mine and therefore they should not have to queue, and can drive up the free lane passed all the queuing traffic and then push their BMW / 4x4 / other w@nky sport car in at the last minute.

If they try it on me they soon find out that my Fiesta will cost less to fix and therefore if they drive into it I don't care but I will not be bullied. Even when you smirk at me.

Completely agree. Nothing annoys me more than the selfish gits who use bus lanes to avoid queuing (irrespective if it is in force at that time). It happens in Creek Road all the time. I never ever give way to a vehicle coming from a bus lane unless it is a bus.

Another thing that annoys me are shits using the Greenwich One Way system who are heading towards Woolwich but think they should not have to queue so use the lane that is for traffic turning right towards Lewisham or back to London and then at the last minute turn their left indicator on and expect people to let them in.

I am probably thick but I am confused.

If a bus lane is in operation then I accept that it is obvious that car drivers should not use it. However if it is not in operation then surely it is only right and proper to use the bus lane thereby reducing congestion for other roadusers?

Or have I missed something?
    It is only a problem when the bus lane ends and the road reduces to one lane for all traffic. In those situations, if the cars queuing in the non bus lane have to keep letting in the drivers who choose not queue in the non bus lane then using the bus lane does not reduce congestion for other users.
  • The crowd's polite applause for a golfer getting a par.
    Richard Arnold.
    Wrestling referees, they always miss the important action.
  • Re:Blue Badge abusers, coincidentally I was reading a report on the cost of fraud to the UK today at work and the loss in terms of parking fee's through this alone is somewhere in the region of £48m per annum. Pay for a few new schools every year if these gits paid for thier parking like everyone else.
  • Renting a house- Never again
    The A21-Its at the bottom of the garden of the house I'm renting at the moment.
    Small houses where you have to take it in turns to stand up
    People parking in front of my house
    Heating systems that are as old as me
    Showers that are really a hose pipe over the bath
    Estate/letting agents
    Banks
  • People who get too cross and annoyed with so many little things.....life's too short.

Shrug off little annoyancies. Keep a sense of proportion. Look on the bright side. Accentuate the positive. It's better for your general well-being.
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Renting a house- Never again
    Estate/letting agents
    Banks

You not keen on the house you're renting at the moment?
  • The "die- hard" Manchester United " fan" from Clapham that i worked with today who deemed himself the authority on all things football and reckons them to be a bigger club than Barca and Real Madrid.

They might know all the facts and stats but I just can't relate to these people and can't engage with them in a serious conversation about the game. For this I am thankful.
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Renting a house- Never again
    Estate/letting agents
    Banks

Only another 3 months, I'm counting the minutes.

You not keen on the house you're renting at the moment?
  • Shock horror - Chirpy in longest list rant.......:-)
  • Going to work
  • Sponsored links:

• Transfer Deadline Day on SSN
  • The ´Fashion´ industry.
  • Undisclosed fees
  • 1. People who claim they support a football team when they are just glory hunting.
    2. People who you cannot hold a conversation with because they are biased to there team and see no faults.
    3. The amount of adverts during a film on ITV, Film 4 etc etc
    4. Adrian Chiles
    5. Pawell Abbot - when he doesnt give a F*ck!
    6. Rumours in football.
    7. Getting up early.
    8. Boy Racers
    and more. LOL
  • People, (well one person) who seems to think he can poilce what our fans say when using the #cafc on twitter.
    Really annoying that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]People, (well one person) who seems to think he can poilce what our fans say when using the #cafc on twitter.
    Really annoying that.
    Oooo!
  • On the contraversial topic of disabled parking. I hate it when the car park is full up and you have to queue to get in and then find there are 100 free disabled parking spaces. Once the car park is full some of the disabled spaces should be freed up, is there a reason why the disabled can't queue with the rest of us or is that not the 'equality' they're after?
    At the very least keep a few free and let the rest go, in Lewisham on Saturday you can wait ten minutes to get into the car park and there are 10 spaces free on each level for disabled. How many disabled people are there shopping in Lewsiham on a Saturday that they need so many spaces?
  • edited February 2011
  • People who don't rip out their season ticket quickly in front of the turnstile operator. The ones that hand him/her a closed book at about 2.56pm can try ones patience a tad. I know we should all get there earlier but....
  • Sponsored links:

• The 100 service provided by Metrobus in Crawley it's never on time and means I miss my train home & have to wait in the god forsaken hole of Crawley for another 30 minutes
  • I dont get why disabled drivers cant pay for their parking? I totally understand the need for them to park closer to the shop but I do not understand why they cannot pay like the rest of us?

People who never work and just claim benefits (through lazyness rather than being made redundent etc)....yet still manage to smoke 20 a day, have sky, go on holidays etc etc etc

People who insist of having their conversations very loudly in a silent library/computer room at uni....why cant they just go outside? some people are trying to work and do not need to know about how you many times you were sick/had sex last night

At train stations, people who just stop when they want to look at a train time etc and then get annoyed when you walk straight into the back of them....
  • Regarding Disabled parking spaces.....Does anyone know if there are certain rules and regulations places like Supermarkets have to follow with regards to how many Disabled Parking spaces their car parks must provide? It's just ridiculous the amount of unused spaces there are. Sainsbury's does seem to be particularly bad for this.
    Doesn't bother me like, I do all my shopping at Tesco in the early hours, but have always wondered if the supermarkets decide themselves how many spaces to provide or if it's thrust upon them?

On topic, Cyclists annoy me. Without exception. As both a pedestrian and a motorist.

The jokers at the gym who fill up the jacuzzi, perched on the side, just getting their ankles wet. Get out you pansies and make room!
  • people who walk their dog at night. It's just a bit strange isn't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes (from Page 1, 2008)[/cite]
    Plaaayer not letting me have a go on his girlfriend.

Is this the now mother of his child, soon to be his wife, girlfriend ??

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes (from Page 1, 2008)[/cite]
    Plaaayer not letting me have a go on his girlfriend.

Is this the now mother of his child ??

:-)

He's still trying to work out how that happened ; )
  • WTF!!

Wait till she hears about this, he'd better stay out in Cambodia!
  • Did you have to mention me getting married as well? You've just broken the hearts of hundreds of Charltonlife ladies!
  • people who brake before indicating!!!
  • They were at again tonight at the Well Hall/Shooters Hill junction. Bus lane open to all traffic at 7pm. Loads of cars, including me, queuing at 7.10pm in the inside/left hand lane to go straight on or turn left. Outside lane which is a Right Turn Only lane was empty save people turning right, but along came the idiots, shooting up the outside past us proper drivers and trying to cut in when they got to the lights. I let no one in! Made my night.