Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley FC v AFC Wimbledon Play-off Semi this Tuesday night

One off semi at Hayes Lane. All ticket but got mine yesterday. Will any other CLifers be there? Palace-hater?

If Bromley win final will be at Hayes Lane on Saturday (thank you Sky for moving the Spurs game)

Comments

• Can't get a ticket in the AFC Wimbledon end, and no intention of going in the Mark Goldberg supporting end
  • It's non-league, they switch ends at half-time. typical big time premiership fan :- )
  • No switching on Tuesday, segergated, police presence, all ticket
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No switching on Tuesday, segergated, police presence, all ticket[/quote]

Shame if true but I suppose they are worried about the AFC hoolies causing trouble again.
  • Indeed, would have loved to have gone, but I've got a busy week on and couldn't guarantee getting down there.

Could be an interesting evening, mind...
  • There's also a Charlton XI playing at Chatham on Tuesday night... apparently a side mostly youth but including Kinsella and Robson...
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]There's also a Charlton XI playing at Chatham on Tuesday night... apparently a side mostly youth but including Kinsella and Robson...
    ...and possibly Gritty too!
  • edited April 2007
    If I can get out of work early enough, I'm hoping to get down there for my next photography lesson.... Shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with the old boys ;-)
  • edited April 2007
    Scrub that. It's an Academy XI so, due to child protection laws, no photos....
  • Come on AFC !

No real problem with Bromley apart from one of their coaches that pulled up outside the Fernhurst pub on Saturday & we all song 'Bromley Bromley give us a song' & they all adjusted their Tartan Blankets instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly I can't make the match. Hopefully Bromley will dish out a good beating to HIV Norbiton.
  • Just waiting for the uproar from Norbiton when their fans with tickets in the Brom end moan about heavy stewarding when they are thrown out.

Just remember its never their fault.
  • LOL

Heard untold amounts of Dons fans moaning about their sending off.

Such pleasure in beating those mugs, should have been Margate there after all.

That is all I have to say on the matter.
  • why are they mugs?

think you're a secret palace lover , must be to like Goldbergs team .

AFC wimbledon what a terrible thing having the cheek to start up a team when your own is stolen from you.
  • everyone loves mark goldberg surely? he ruined palace!
  • Jermaine Darlington (oh the poetic justice that it was he) should have gone for the first studs up, over the top lunge but got away with a yellow. To then tug someone back by his shirt in front of the ref a few mins later was stupid. Had to go for the second yellow.

Not a great game but against 10 men Bromley edged it and had the better chances. Lovely cross by Woods (Jepson from Gills was watching him last night. 40k I was told) on to the head of O'Donnell who put it right in the top corner. And 8 mins of added time as well.

Shame about the Bromley keeper being coined and the wheelie bin being thrown into the back of the net but bring on Billericay on Saturday
  • Henry, how many over there last night? Bet Wimbledon brought a few? They took 1000 to East Thurrock last weekend.

Wimbledon never took 1000 anywhere when they were in the Prem, whats all that about.
  • sold out, 3,300 something i think.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sold out, 3,300 something i think.

And AFC had half of that and I'm sure could have sold more. Bromley sold out in a few hours as well.

The terracing was still quite empty as the capcity is more like 5,500 but they can't get more in due to lack of turnstiles and entrances.

I was chatting to one of their officials last night and he said that Goldberg is now worth £40m again, has bought all the land around the ground and is building a new stand in the summer plus putting a cover on the halfway line terrace. Certainly a club going places at the moment.
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sold out, 3,300 something i think.

And AFC had half of that and I'm sure could have sold more. Bromley sold out in a few hours as well.

The terracing was still quite empty as the capcity is more like 5,500 but they can't get more in due to lack of turnstiles and entrances.

I was chatting to one of their officials last night and he said that Goldberg is now worth £40m again, has bought all the land around the ground and is building a new stand in the summer plus putting a cover on the halfway line terrace. Certainly a club going places at the moment.

That'd be that lovely ex Palarse Mr Goldberg who lived(maybe still does live) in Farnborough who has tried for years to develop in the green belt. He's not in it for love, of that I am sure.

Still well done Bromley. Just one more win. (Now where have I heard that before?)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]why are they mugs?

think you're a secret palace lover , must be to like Goldbergs team .

AFC wimbledon what a terrible thing having the cheek to start up a team when your own is stolen from you.
    Everyone is for the creation of AFC Wimbledon, it's just their fans believing that they had a devine right to be in the football league, despite Wimbledon's history as a non-league team that pissings alot of non-league fans off.
  • edited May 2007
    I know a few AFC Wimbledon fans, and none of them think they have a devine right to be in the Football League, and there quite enjoying the ride in the non league.

Most non league fans are pissed off by the likes of Hornchurch, Fisher and Bromley who bankroll there way through the leagues
  • A sample of AFC's arrogance.

Goldberg only joined Bromley this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]A sample of AFC's arrogance.

Is that it?
  • I personally like AFC because my mate Speedo plays for them. Hope they spank Bromley in the return :-)
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]A sample of AFC's arrogance.

Is that it?
    Yeah, after looking at every AFC Wimbledon fan site that was the best I could muster...

First thread I found, big fish in small pond and the sooner we get out of this league the better were mentioned. Obviously there were some fans who ridiculed the guys who said that, but I thought I don't have to say the whole small minorirty thing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I personally like AFC because my mate Speedo plays for them. Hope they spank Bromley in the return :-)
    The playoff was a one off game.
  • Was It? I suppose much fairer than two legged game where the 3rd place team is hugely dis-advantaged.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I know a few AFC Wimbledon fans, and none of them think they have a devine right to be in the Football League, and there quite enjoying the ride in the non league.

Most non league fans are pissed off by the likes of Hornchurch, Fisher and Bromley who bankroll there way through the leagues

So why did they coin the Bromley goalkeper and throw a wheeliebin on the pitch? Got the hump that they lost?

Darlington sent off .... thats not even funny ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Mugs - Constant refusal to take the blame for anything their club does.

Crowd trouble with there fans at games against Coney Hall, AFC Wallingford, Margate, Ramsgate etc yet constant beleif it was never their fault - Tried to blame it on heavy handed stewards when large groups of their fans have been involved in fighting.

Even tried to argue that it was Bromley's fault that 8 of their fans aged 18/19 decided to go to the back of the Bromley end and kick off whilst holding bottles of wine last season. Heard it so many times on their messageboards about how other teams are to blame for elements of their fans looking for trouble.

Theres always an excuse when they lose a game against any team I have seen them play. I remember hearing that the Bromley tactics last night was a form of "legalised assault" and how the Bromley team had no skill to its win. Also about how their player should never have been sent off - Never a load of bigger nonsense spoken.

Just been reading some things from last night, coins thrown at the Bromley keeper etc, some of them fighting with Chelsea fans on the platform. Cant wait to hear the explanations now.