Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miranda Hart & Sarah Millican

RodneyCharltonTrotter said this on The Big Top thread. I agree I find her so unfunny. Is it me or does anyone find her funny ?
Oh and by the way can you add Sarah Millican to that as well, as I find her equally unfunny. They both seem to be all over the TV like a rash in the last 6 months and I don't think either of them have ever made me laugh. Smile yes, but laugh no.

"Miranda Hart cleaned up at the British Comedy Awards last night....including the publicly- voted "Peoples' Choice Award".

Never mind the deficit, the unscrupulous bankers, post code gang violence and corrupt politicians....this latest unrivalled scandal truly highlights to me that this country is bang in trouble.

Doomed, I tells ya, we're all doomed".

Comments

• Before anyone asks...

No and no!
  • Sarah Millican is ok, not desperately funny but she can deliver a punchline. As for Miranda Hart - a serious case of over-acting and so unfunny it's embarrassing.
  • Utterly devoid of any form of talent.

Cant stand her.
  • To be completely honest, and I appreciate this may come accross as sexist, but I can't say that I find any female comedians funny.

Saw Jenny Eclair once many moons ago and she was alright - absolutely filthy - but that's about it.
  • jason manford now thats unfunny
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be completely honest, and I appreciate this may come accross as sexist, but I can't say that I find any female comedians funny.

Saw Jenny Eclair once many moons ago and she was alright - absolutely filthy - but that's about it.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]jason manford now thats unfunny

Agreed & agreed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be completely honest, and I appreciate this may come accross as sexist, but I can't say that I find any female comedians funny.

This!

All they seem to talk about is periods!
  • Miranda Hart does make me smile from time to time, but I just don't get the Millican thing. She is on everything that can have a guest panellist/commentator thingy and I am not sure what she has done to deserve such attention as she is only very slightly amusing on an infrequent basis.

It is more difficult for female comedians, but there are good ones (although they are quite the exception rather than the rule)....off the top of my head: Joan Rivers, Julia Davies, Morwenna Banks, Doon Machickan, Rebecca Front, Shapi Khorsandi

I couldn't make a list of the unfunny (yet still on the TV) ones, as I'd be here all day!
  • at least miranda harts got her looks to fall back on
  • People who like Victoria Wood think Miranda is funny.

Maybe she will do Premier Inn adverts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not funny at all. I dont get it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be completely honest, and I appreciate this may come accross as sexist, but I can't say that I find any female comedians funny.

This!

Totally agree - and I'm a girl!
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be completely honest, and I appreciate this may come accross as sexist, but I can't say that I find any female comedians funny.

This!

itd better than them being on their periods....moods do my bloody nut in
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Miranda Hart does make me smile from time to time, but I just don't get the Millican thing. She is on everything that can have a guest panellist/commentator thingy and I am not sure what she has done to deserve such attention as she is only very slightly amusing on an infrequent basis.

It is more difficult for female comedians, but there are good ones (although they are quite the exception rather than the rule)....off the top of my head: Joan Rivers, Julia Davies, Morwenna Banks, Doon Machickan, Rebecca Front, Shapi Khorsandi

I couldn't make a list of the unfunny (yet still on the TV) ones, as I'd be here all day!

Id find Jo Brand funny if she werent palarse ;)

absolutely spot on
  • And Russell Bland got an award for his Outstanding Contribution to British Comedy! I persume his best contribution to British comedy was moving to USA!

I find Miranda very funny btw. The other bird I'd never heard of until this week. Mind she did make me laugh when she asked P-diddy if he had to keep changing his bank cards......
  • you joker brand is on another level than miranda bird,this is up with that zara bird getting sport personality.
  • Like Chirpy, I find Miranda Hart very funny, her show is just a very good traditional British sitcom.
  • She's not as bad as either of the "comedy" Russells, but she's pretty mediocre. Go to a comedy club and you'll see at least two better comedians. Can't understand why Richard Herring is so often overlooked, but I suppose different people find different things amusing and the majority is always going to like something pretty bland.
  • Miranda Hart is a big awkward girl who makes 'jokes' out of being a big awkward girl. The geordie bird has a very irritating voice. Neither are funny but not as bad as Gina Yashere.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]She's not as bad as either of the "comedy" Russells, but she's pretty mediocre. Go to a comedy club and you'll see at least two better comedians. Can't understand why Richard Herring is so often overlooked, but I suppose different people find different things amusing and the majority is always going to like something pretty bland.

I think they're both alright. Make me laugh from time to time, but nothing special.

Agree about Richard Herring, he's under-rated imo. I've been listening to Lee & Herrings Fist of fun from the eraly 90s, which is being repeated on BBC 7 at the moment. It's still good stuff and knocks spots of a lot of the radio comedy that's around.

There's simply too many comedians on the curcuit these days - alternative comedy is now mainstream and, in exactly the way that has happened with Pop music, the good stuff is being diluted by masses of meadiocre shows/performers.
  • Its always an easy mistake to make that just because you don't see anything entertaining, it doesn't mean that others don't.

Never really seen that Miranda women, but her sitcom (which she writes and performs in) regularly saw BBC2 gain a bigger audience share than BBC1, and received double the views as Coogan / Brydon's sitcom The Trip. So some people obviously do like it.

As for the geordie one, seen a few of her stand-up routines and think she offers something different. 50% of a comedy audience is female remember.
  • Neither are as funny as Caroline Aherne (few people are)!
  • Can't stand Miranda, but the missus loves that programme.

I just hate the way she looks at the camera and says something compltely unfunny.
  • edited January 2011
    Lot of people like big brother dont make it right though,unfunny comedians in this country,joe brand jason manford there no Bill Hicks...
  • Miranda Hart is running the line at the Bolton v Chelsea game tonight
  • Sure for praise then
  • Don't mind either Miranda Hart or Sarah Millican, would not go to a Millican show or make a massive effort to watch Miranda but both are non offensive and quite amusing. Millican was actually pretty funny on Mock the Week and 8 out of 10 cats.

As for female comics in general- not a huge fan of many and especially dislike Jo Brand. Not because she support Palace but most of her routines are about how fat she is/how much she likes food and ant men. Do not think she is funny and if she was not overweight- don't know what she would talk about.
  • Dont know the names but I think I know the geordie one, not that impressed to be honest.

However, if someone like Stephen K Amos can get his own show then we all have a chance at stand up.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]As for female comics in general- not a huge fan of many and especially dislike Jo Brand. Not because she support Palace but most of her routines are about how fat she is/how much she likes food and ant men. Do not think she is funny and if she was not overweight- don't know what she would talk about.[/quote]

periods and pmt