Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++2010/11 Takeover complete - Owners unknown, Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez fronting+++

Comments

• Jimenez...and some man city fan called michael slater
  • Varney and Murray still directors
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Varney and Kavanagh also on the board. No Murray?

Murray remains on the board of all 3 companies.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Varney and Kavanagh also on the board. No Murray?

sure they said Murray was reamining as a Director but that was down the phone whilst held to my parents TV !!
  • Alot of money involved?!
  • Are they loaded or not? Sort it out SSN!
  • Dennis Wise player / manager
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Dennis Wise player / manager

LOL (I hope)
  • OK, must have missed it when they said Murray. Sounds OK so far...
  • Interview with Slater in 5 minutes on Sky Sports News
  • Sponsored links:

• OS still silent, was it leaked to SSN first because it's a faster medium?
  • Yeah, they said Murrey will stay on and Varney joins the board.
  • Slater interview on SSN 'soon'. Think that means minutes..

Stay tuned
  • On OS now
  • Must be true, its on the OS link
  • I want to know why Murray is still a director. Is this a safety thing to help ensure some continuity and that the club acts in the best interests of "Charlton", or does it mean that Jimenez & Co aren't as minted as we'd like and could only afford a % buyout?
  • I would reckon it was one of Murrays conditions that he was kept on. Just my opinion though.
  • Slater:

"What we won't do is create unrealistic pie in the sky expectations. We will always live within our means and, with a sound commercial approach and the run of the ball on the pitch, our aim, obviously, is to make steady, upward progress and bring success to The Valley."

Sounds like a Marcus Evans style approach.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I want to know why Murray is still a director. Is this a safety thing to help ensure some continuity and that the club acts in the best interests of "Charlton", or does it mean that Jimenez & Co aren't as minted as we'd like and could only afford a % buyout?

Purely his CAFC knowledge IMO
  • In the words of Johnny Rotten "ever get the feeling you bin cheated ?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Why wouldn't they keep Murray on? Think about it.
  • Sounds good to me.
  • Also, in note that the word "Wise" does not appear in the article on the website. Is he not involved, or is his role (at the moment?) too small to bother mentioning?
  • wise will be there in a year.
  • So happy it is not wise!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Also, in note that the word "Wise" does not appear in the article on the website. Is he not involved, or is his role (at the moment?) too small to bother mentioning?

Don't scare the horses too early in the proceedings.

His name will emerge at some point I reckon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Also, in note that the word "Wise" does not appear in the article on the website. Is he not involved, or is his role (at the moment?) too small to bother mentioning?

If Jimenez is involved id image Wise will be in the background somewhere
  • With Jimenez involved it can't be long till we see Wise involved?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Why wouldn't they keep Murray on? Think about it.
    Because it's their company and they'd want to call all the shots? Because they'd wan't their own people in place? Because they want to start thing afresh? Loads of reasons. Perhaps we should take it as a good sign though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]In the words of Johnny Rotten "ever get the feeling you bin cheated ?"

What was you expecting??

I'd imagine the buyers want to invest soundly get us up a league and sell to big money, why would anyone with billions buy a league one club