Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Public Safety Films

Who had the misfortune to witness the Public Safety Films aimed at school kids back in the late 70's/early 80's?

The two that are burned in my memory are the ones about the dangers of playing on a farm, where all the kids die in accidents (drinking poison/crushed by iron gate/drowning in slurry pits) & the other about playing on railway lines (squashed by trains/fried by 3rd rails etc etc)?!!

I notice that these can now be downloaded but such is the trauma that these caused i can't bring myself to watch them again ;-)

Anyone know what i am wittering on about????

Don't Go Down To The Farm

Comments

• i still get confused between the green cross code bloke and the incredible hulk....
  • I remember one on a building site too.

Scared the shit out of me
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i still get confused between the green cross code bloke and the incredible hulk....

I had the same problem with Alvin Stardust and Kevin Keegan.
    Which one said "Are you two out of your tiny minds?"!!!..?
  • Yosser Hughes and Graeme Souness.

Until they appeared on screen together I thought they were one and the same
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i still get confused between the green cross code bloke and the incredible hulk....

Alvin Stardust said that, it was a road safety film.
  • [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i still get confused between the green cross code bloke and the incredible hulk....

Alvin Stardust said that, it was a road safety film.

So what did Keegan say in his PIF?
  • Anyone remember the cartoons such as the one with the girl who dumps her boyfriend for another boy cos he can swim.

And I was in the Tufty Club!
  • What's that Kev?
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anyone remember the cartoons such as the one with the girl who dumps her boyfriend for another boy cos he can swim.

Beefcake boyfriend was Terry who couldn't swim. But Mike could!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]What's that Kev?[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_83592 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]kevjpeg-2.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

"I would luv if that Alvin got knocked down, I would luv it"
  • Sponsored links:

• follow the country code...
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    Beefcake boyfriend was Terry who couldn't swim. But Mike could!

LOL and mike had big sticky out ears.

There was another cartoon with some chav family leaving gates open in the country and leaving litter everywhere. The woman had some ridiculous name like Petunia
  • Which one is Henry?
  • I was in the club not the movies :-)

Oh, to find my badge now
  • I've just remembered the film about safety by the river, with the grim reeper type chap and his cloke - scared the beejesus out of me that did.
  • eat your heart out chaps

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/1979to2006/filmindex.htm
  • I 'love it' when you go to the cinema now, for a fun night out of escapism, only to have several of these information films rammed down your throat - cancer, road accidents, STD's etc. I am paying for this!
  • Prepare and Survive is a classic
  • I remember Charlie and his cat saying don't talk to strangers....probably made in the early 70s and rerun all the way through the 80s when I was a nipper