Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Takeover

edited December 2010 in Rumours
The next owners will be Zabeel. They had their fingers burned 2 years ago by our newspapers Linking them with virtually
every premership club.

This time they want everthing kept quiet until everything is signed and sealed later today.

Watch this space

Comments

• The next owner will be a local businessman who made a fortune selling salt and grit, which he scraped off local roads, back to Greenwich Council at double the price they originally paid for it.
  • I've just seen a Red Robin in my garden. Could this be significant?
  • Hope so. I'm gong to the superstore this morning so will report back later on any sightings.
  • FFS aren't there enough threads this could've been added to?
  • Pravda aka The South London Press reports: 'The investor group locked in takeover talks with Charlton were facing a raceagainst time to complete their buyout of the League One club before the end of today, writes Richard Cawley.

The Addicks' potential new owners were hoping to conclude a deal by Christmas Eve.
    But the club's former chief executive Peter Varney who is representing the group, has admitted that their hopes of assuming control today is likely to go to the wire.

He said: "We're doing everything we possibly can to complete what is a very complex transaction which involves a whole array of third parties."

[The takeover of a Norbury club] was slowed by waiting for the Football League to rubber stamp the club's change of hands. The share - which is their right to play
    in the division - has to be transferred.

But Varney, when pressed said: "The Football League is not an issue."
  • It's me, I'm the new owner.

Thnigs will all be completed when I can be arsed to get out of bed.

Check back about 3 this afternoon!
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Pravda aka The South London Press reports: 'The investor group locked in takeover talks with Charlton were facing a raceagainst time to complete their buyout of the League One club before the end of today, writes Richard Cawley.

The Addicks' potential new owners were hoping to conclude a deal by Christmas Eve.
    But the club's former chief executive Peter Varney who is representing the group, has admitted that their hopes of assuming control today is likely to go to the wire.

He said: "We're doing everything we possibly can to complete what is a very complex transaction which involves a whole array of third parties."

[The takeover of a Norbury club] was slowed by waiting for the Football League to rubber stamp the club's change of hands. The share - which is their right to play

i dont have a clue about the takeover of a football club/business but if there are a host of third parties, is it more likely that the new owners are non-uk citizens?
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Pravda aka The South London Press reports: 'The investor group locked in takeover talks with Charlton were facing a raceagainst time to complete their buyout of the League One club before the end of today, writes Richard Cawley.

Great.
  • Another takeover Thread Great, that makes at least 38 separate threads some running into the thousand of posts. Why people keep starting new threads on the same subject is just plain bad internet manners Ban em I say.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't imagine that the club would pull the plug if it's not completed today. If there's anything that'll hold it up, it'll be the lawyers who can't be arsed to get out of the pub on Christmas eve.
  • I don't understand why it absolutley has to be done today, what happens if it's announced the next working day? (Wednesday in this case)

Surely if they have money and have agreed and completed due diligence sealing it by 24th December surely sealing it a few days later makes no difference? Seems a little weird to me
  • i think the date was a hint that there is a nice xmas pressie for us all under the chrimbo tree

a thankyou and start of a new era in the most wonderful day on the christian calender

i took the date as a nice to do not a need to do
  • So if you strip out the Wyn Grant spin, Varney is saying the same he always has.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Another takeover Thread Great, that makes at least 38 separate threads some running into the thousand of posts. Why people keep starting new threads on the same subject is just plain bad internet manners Ban em I say.

Lighten up, Ketters. It's Christmas. You can go back to being grumpy next week. ;o )
  • I guess this is the most positive way to look at the situation.
  • I'm so excited..and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!
  • Zabeel would be brilliant.

I want gadillions of money spent on the club not £561.98 by some local businessmen who own the local carpet shop
  • [cite]Posted By: sheppiecol[/cite]The next owners will be Zabeel. They had their fingers burned 2 years ago by our newspapers Linking them with virtually
    every premership club.

This time they want everthing kept quiet until everything is signed and sealed later today.

Watch this space

Zabeel want it all kept quiet but thought they'd tell you so you could post it all over Internet forums.
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Zabeel would be brilliant.

I want gadillions of money spent on the club not £561.98 by some local businessmen who own the local carpet shop

Who told You ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Zabeel would be brilliant.

Who told You ?

Sheikh Rattle-an-Roll.
  • One Wise man and two or more others....
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]Zabeel would be brilliant.

Who told You ?

Sheikh Rattle-an-Roll.

Sheikh AndVac ?
  • For all you punter's thinking it's gonna be zabeel, As I understand it they are bankrupt and don't even exist in that guise anymore.
  • For all you punter's thinking it's gonna be zabeel, As I understand it they are bankrupt and don't even exist in that guise anymore.
  • [cite]Posted By: sheppiecol[/cite]The next owners will be Zabeel. They had their fingers burned 2 years ago by our newspapers Linking them with virtually
    every premership club.

Watch this space

Not a chance of it being Zabeel. If it was they wouldn't be going through another prolonged due diligence.
  • Not a chance of it being Zabeel. If it was they wouldn't be going through another prolonged due diligence.
    Don't all new owners have to do that regardless?
  • yes they would as its a different company they are dealing with (baton 2010) and besides a lot can change financially in 2 years
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]I've just seen a Red Robin in my garden. Could this be significant?

I've just seen a big fat one down at the prestige car wash. It's a sign, I tell ya.
  • Mick Collins has just tweeted that he knows a man who has bought a football club