Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

worst pain ever

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
As people who know me will have noticed over the last few weeks I've been in tremendous pain the last few weeks with a toothache that afected te nerve and despite many trips to the dentist no joy. After my last visit yesterday I woke up at three this morning in the most fearsome pain ever and have now just been back to the dentist where I told them I wasn't going anywhere until they took it out. I'm now back home with it hopefully sorted .

Just got me wondering what the worst pain people on here have ever been in was (not including the obvious for some women)

Comments

• Dislocated knee cap x 2

Wince just thinking about it
  • Got caught in the balls with a stiletto that hurt and used to have a lack of cartilage in my knees that hurt too!
  • Torn ACL. Evil.
  • Kidney Stones
  • I know of a bloke who was struck in the nether regions by a cricket ball. Fortunately, and with tremendous foresight, he had donned a cricketing "protector"(hilariously called a man-hole cover by women cricketers). Unfortunately, said box was a plastic one.

It split open along the length (top to bottom) for a fraction of a second.

For just enough time for his entire crown jewels to descend through the opening.

Before slamming violently shut again.

If there is a scarier sight than this person thrashing about on the floor, frothing at the mouth and wailing like a stuck pig, I have yet to witness it
  • Cracked a couple of ribs after the home win against MK Dons last season, in bits for a week.
  • ruptured hernia which subsequently went from routine keyhole surgery to leave a 5" scar and 2 weeks of the worst pain I've ever been in
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Got caught in the balls with a stiletto that hurt and used to have a lack of cartilage in my knees that hurt too!

Used to have a lack of cartilage?
    Have you had them replaced?
    Its something the Doctor thinks I should have done before I'm 45, so I'm curious ;

A liver transplant, couldn't stand up straight for weeks : (
  • Ankle ligament was pretty painful, although I recently had a steroid injection into the base of my thumb which was agony. The doctor told me it would hurt but not that it would f*****g hurt!
  • thing is I've broken so many bones over the years I almost forget which ones I've done but for complete and utter non stop pain which at one point left me in tears that 'orrible little bleeder of a tooth wins hands down.

Bloody dentist has been trying to get me to go down the root canal way of thinking but he took one look at it when he pulled it and said "there's no way that could have been root treated"

One good bit of news is that there's a wisdom behind it which may grow through
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the most painful thing in the world, but easily the most unpleasant thing that's ever happened to me - I had a pulmonary embolism, but to diagnose it, they had to draw blood from my arteries. The thought of them bending my wrist to get the needle in makes me wince and guard my wrists.
  • TCE nope didn't have to have any ops just my synovial fluid glands had a problem and an injection in each knee sorted it? I was only 4 or 5 though and could barely walk. More a lack of fluid causing the cartilage to rub.
  • Anyone had a meningitus scare?......................Lumber Puncture ; (
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]TCE nope didn't have to have any ops just my synovial fluid glands had a problem and an injection in each knee sorted it? I was only 4 or 5 though and could barely walk. More a lack of fluid causing the cartilage to rub.

Too late for me then ; (
  • On a lads holiday for a laugh i chatted up a huge Irish munter, the size of house. Unfortunately she went for it and when i wouldn't put out when we was walking back to our hotel she punched me in the Niagra Falls so hard a professional heavywight would have been proud of it. I was on the pavement for ages, firstly because i literally could not move, but mainly because my mates were laughing so hard none of them could help me up. Honestly have never known pain like it.
  • Playing Aussie Rules Footie back when at college I got an elbow to the thigh. Nothing too bad you would think, tried to run it off but within about a minute the thing had swollen up and I could barely move the leg. Was helped by team mates onto a tube train but was the only one getting off at my stop. Just couldn;t walk up the stairs, took me about 10 minutes to get to street level, climbing the stairs sitting down backwards using my one good leg. it was about 5 days before the swelling went down enough to bend my leg.

although catching my bits in my flies runs that close, but I think that was as much mental anguish knowing the pain to come when I unzipped to free myself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I know of a bloke who was struck in the nether regions by a cricket ball. Fortunately, and with tremendous foresight, he had donned a cricketing "protector"(hilariously called a man-hole cover by women cricketers). Unfortunately, said box was a plastic one.

It split open along the length (top to bottom) for a fraction of a second.

For just enough time for his entire crown jewels to descend through the opening.

Before slamming violently shut again.

If there is a scarier sight than this person thrashing about on the floor, frothing at the mouth and wailing like a stuck pig, I have yet to witness it

OMFG, I'm close to passing out at the thought.

AFKA will bear witness to this, playing cricket a few years ago now I was fielding in the covers when the ball was creamed by one of the openers towards me but it was gonna fall just short so had to dive foward to try and get under it but for some reason I still dont know why, I opted to go feet first rather than hands first...

Anyway, a split second later, crack...balls hits the side of my kneecap as I hit the ground. How it didnt shatter into 1,000 pieces I will never know but being the complete wuss I am, having seen a tiny little bit of blood coming through on my whites, was on the verge of passing out as well as being sick...AFKA and another mate had to carry me off the square once I felt ok much to the amusement of my team mates and the opposition.

When I say wuss, I mean wuss. I cant even just cut my fingers open or even have a blood test without passing out.
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Not the most painful thing in the world, but easily the most unpleasant thing that's ever happened to me - I had a pulmonary embolism, but to diagnose it, they had to draw blood from my arteries. The thought of them bending my wrist to get the needle in makes me wince and guard my wrists.

I have to agree with that. Had a really bad Asthma attack just after Xmas this year and the doc at the hospital demanded I had that done despite me insisting I wasnt having no blood tests over my dead body. Never again. I dont think the A&E unit at Darenth Valley had heard language quite as bad as that before.
  • Broke arms, legs, fingers, bones in hands (not all at the same time) all hurt and most made me scream but sticking my foot in a gas fire as a kid is the pain that I remember.
    Dont let women tell you child birth hurts, burns are the worst.
  • A broken collar bone when I was a kid - the painkillers were ineffective, I stopped taking them and had three/four days of unbelievable agony. You don't realise how much you use your shoulders and therefore the collar bone until it breaks.

More recently I managed to put the ilium sacrum joint out when playing cricket. This is a joint in the pelvis and allows it to flex and therefore is vital when twisting, bending or doing anything that involves your back. Getting out of bed in the morning for example was pure agony.

Eventually I went to see a doctor in Germany who diagnosed and treated it perfectly. In the process I made his day - it was the first time he'd ever treated anyone for a cricketing injury. He spent more time asking me about the game and the bio-mechanics involved in playing cricket than he did treating me. His last comment to me as I left the consulting room was that he was off to share the news of my injury with his colleagues. I wonder how many times he's put that knowledge to use in treating cricketing injuries...
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    When I say wuss, I mean wuss. I cant even just cut my fingers open or even have a blood test without passing out.

LOL, i can still remember us going to visit our mate in hospital and within 5 minutes he was perched against the window ledge because you were laying in his hospital bed !
  • Sponsored links:

• Shingles!! Say no more......
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]On a lads holiday for a laugh i chatted up a huge Irish munter, the size of house. Unfortunately she went for it and when i wouldn't put out when we was walking back to our hotel she punched me in the Niagra Falls so hard a professional heavywight would have been proud of it. I was on the pavement for ages, firstly because i literally could not move, but mainly because my mates were laughing so hard none of them could help me up. Honestly have never known pain like it.

this is very funny... very funny.

But one thing bothers me... im sorry to ask as i think its crap about how people go on about your height... but how tall was she? You said she was very large but she punched you in the nuts?
  • Hampsteads for me. On numerous occasions.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    But one thing bothers me... im sorry to ask as i think its crap about how people go on about your height... but how tall was she? You said she was very large but she punched you in the nuts?

I was being polite B, lets just say she was more girth than length.
  • edited September 2010
    A brick wall collasping on my foot and I saw my heel bone. Achilles nearly seized up afterwards and the worst of it was when they had to put the stitches in at the hospital, needle going onto my bone. KILLED! I was lucky I didnt do worse, thats the way I look at it.

I'm probably the most injury prone person as well, I fractured my ankle when I was 7, the bone never heeled properly and I then had to have an operation 4 years later and at the same time they put screws in my ligaments because they were to long. Then the wall incident happened Then only in August I had a knee operation where they took some cartlidge out, flushed my knee cap and done other things too, which is to technical for me. All this so far in my life and I'm only 15.
  • Definately the man flu I had a few weeks back.
  • All these cricket related injuries, ban the game!

For me, ruptured cruciate ligaments - still get pain now particularly in the cold months which means that living in the UK means I'm pain free in June/July!
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]thing is I've broken so many bones over the years I almost forget which ones I've done but for complete and utter non stop pain which at one point left me in tears that 'orrible little bleeder of a tooth wins hands down.

Bloody dentist has been trying to get me to go down the root canal way of thinking but he took one look at it when he pulled it and said "there's no way that could have been root treated"

One good bit of news is that there's a wisdom behind it which may grow through
    Yeah - don't count on that. I had a similar thing to you (two molars in front of my wisdoms were crushed by the f***ers coming in behind) - it was absolute agony. The relief when i had them removed was incredible. The dentist told me the wisdoms would probably come through to fill the gap... and they have... but at a 90 degree angle, which means the roots have grown at 90 degree angles as well. I've been told that when I have them out (and I WILL have to have them out eventually) the pain will be ridiculously bad, I will HAVE to have a general anaesthetic for it, and they'll need to break both sides of my bottom jaw to get them out.
  • 3 broken ribs when I was 13/14, it hurt to breathe.

I had full blown mumps (no not in the nether regions) when I was 30......Ive never ever felt so ill in my life, I couldnt eat as I couldnt open my mouth it just hurt too much.....prick of a doctor made me go to the dentist to get him to check it wasnt a bad tooth.....he took one look at me and said, youve got a serious case of mumps tell your doctor he is a fool.....I spent 3 whole weeks flat out in bed I was sooooo sick.

I also tried to pull a tooth out with pliers once when I had an infection, the pulsing pain was incredible.......and Im petrified of dentists....needless to say after mucho gusto it wouldnt budge, so off to the emergency dentist the next morning who sedated me and drilled a hole up the centre of the tooth to drain it....saved the tooth as well bless him....
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]

I also tried to pull a tooth out with pliers once when I had an infection, the pulsing pain was incredible.......and Im petrified of dentists....needless to say after mucho gusto it wouldnt budge, so off to the emergency dentist the next morning who sedated me and drilled a hole up the centre of the tooth to drain it....saved the tooth as well bless him....

Cheers Tel............I'm just about to pass out :(