Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comedians you Like/Hate

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Would like to add that I absolutely love Derek & Clive, although technically they are an act, comic ad lib genius from Peter Cook & Dudley Moore.

Totaly agree. That reminds me i have to go and take my mum around some jaffa Cakes.

Now, do you mean you're going put some Jaffa Cakes in the road which you'll do a slalom round, or are you going to take her some Jaffa Cakes, which you'll shove in her gob?
  • Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle are really good on panel comedy shows, but as stand ups they are really poor, I don't like their style of comedy where it's all mainly just one liners. Same with Bill Bailey, very good on QI and Never Mind The Buzzcocks but I don't like for stand up the way he mixes music with comedy.

My faves would be:
    Dara O Briain
    Lee Evans
    Michael Mcentrye (a bit overrated but very funny)
    Lee Mack
    Rich Hall
    Jo Brand (the only decent female stand up)
    Reganld D Hunter (only black stand up I find funny)
    Omjid Dhali
    Sean Lock
  • Glad to see Russell Howard getting a kicking - he's woeful Really don't know how he's made it onto the telly. He looks like a kids TV presenter so maybe that's it. While I immediately though McIntyre was an idiot, I defy anyone who can watch him and keep a completely straight face.

Mark Watson is very funny, pleased to hear him crop up on Fighting Talk. As someone mentioned, the German fella is hilarious on that too.

Chris Rock's bit about guns on Bowling For Columbine was so funny I recently downloaded a comedy album of his for a car journey. I'm no prude, but it was utterly disgusting. I expected better from him, especially after I saw him interviewed on the documentary, The Comedian, by my undisputed favourite stand up comedian of all time, Jerry Seinfeld. "You notice they call it Rhinoplasty? Is that really necessary? I mean, we're already aware there's a problem..."

i once saw a gig that featured an American dude, looked like he was out of Kings Of Leon with the long beard and so on. He had a really deep husky voice and held the mic close to his mouth for effect. He killed me. So funny. No idea who he was though. If you know who Im talking about, let me know!!
  • Ricky Grover is quite amusing, and even if he wasn't I wouldn't say so, cos he's well hard.
    Michael Mcentrye
    Jim Davidson funny as fuck and charlton fan always talks about us on he's shows nice bloke aswell don't care what people say he does so much for the forces.
    peter kay
    Ross Noble
    Jack Dee
    Rich Hall
    Lee Evans
    Mike Wilmot
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Sean Lock
    Bernie Mac
    Bill Bailey
    Reginald D Hunter
    Peter Kay
    Chris Rock
    Jenny Eclair
    Pablo Francisco
    Richard Pryor
    Jimmy Carr
    Eddie Murphy (early stuff)
    Stephen Wright
    Ricky Grover (Bulla is genius)

DISLIKE
    Michael McIntyre
    Rhod Gilbert
    Andy Parsons
    Sarah Silverman
    Russell Brand
    Frankie Boyle
    Russell Howard
    John Bishop
    Shazia Mirza

The rest of them I pretty much have no opinion of either way
  • leroy how can you not like frankie boyle michael mcintyre and russel howard
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]leroy how can you not like frankie boyle michael mcintyre and russel howard
    Not sure - I think it's because they're apparently comedians, but aren't funny?
  • [cite]Posted By: Eddie Firmani[/cite]Ricky Grover is quite amusing, and even if he wasn't I wouldn't say so, cos he's well hard.

Man you should see him skipping. The siamese twins sketch was hilarious.
  • edited September 2010
    This guy

I really like this bloke; am I the only one?
  • Sponsored links:

Frank Skinner
    Peter Kay
    Jimmy Carr
    Alan Carr
    Bob Monkhouse
    Sarah Millican
    John Bishop
    Steve Hughes
    Marucs Birdman
    Jack Whitehall

Dislike

Mark Steel
    Mark Thomas
    Jo Brand
  • edited September 2010
    Jim Davidson love the guy for making red wedgers cream themselves with bile.
    just wish he was funny tho !
  • Gotta love the old school a little bit dated and little bit racist I Know, but the it was the way they told em.

Jimmy Jones, Mike Reid, Chubby Brown,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbUSGOAa-Zc

this little nugget still makes me laugh!
  • [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Would like to add that I absolutely love Derek & Clive, although technically they are an act, comic ad lib genius from Peter Cook & Dudley Moore.

Totaly agree. That reminds me i have to go and take my mum around some jaffa Cakes.

Now, do you mean you're going put some Jaffa Cakes in the road which you'll do a slalom round, or are you going to take her some Jaffa Cakes, which you'll shove in her gob?

Well I thought I would send Robin round, no reason, just thought I would send him round.
  • Dave Allen, Mark Thomas, George Carlin, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Hicks, Jon Stewart, David Chapelle...
  • Ooooh - Dave Allen is a shout. Absolute genius. Also, no Seth - you;re not alone. Used to love John Hegley and John Cooper-Clarke, another comic\poet (you don't see either of them on the telly any more)
  • Jon Richardson is my current favourite, brilliant every time I have seen him (3 times at various comedy clubs0
    Carl Donnolly is also decent
    Kevin Bridges
    Dave Fulton, been on the circuit for a while and very funny imho
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]Glad to see Russell Howard getting a kicking - he's woeful Really don't know how he's made it onto the telly. He looks like a kids TV presenter so maybe that's it. While I immediately though McIntyre was an idiot, I defy anyone who can watch him and keep a completely straight face.

Mark Watson is very funny, pleased to hear him crop up on Fighting Talk. As someone mentioned, the German fella is hilarious on that too.

Chris Rock's bit about guns on Bowling For Columbine was so funny I recently downloaded a comedy album of his for a car journey. I'm no prude, but it was utterly disgusting. I expected better from him, especially after I saw him interviewed on the documentary, The Comedian, by my undisputed favourite stand up comedian of all time, Jerry Seinfeld. "You notice they call it Rhinoplasty? Is that really necessary? I mean, we're already aware there's a problem..."

i once saw a gig that featured an American dude, looked like he was out of Kings Of Leon with the long beard and so on. He had a really deep husky voice and held the mic close to his mouth for effect. He killed me. So funny. No idea who he was though. If you know who Im talking about, let me know!![/ [qoute]

If it was an older bloke, (or younger bloke on older footage) could be George Carlin?
  • John Shuttleworth, Mary, Darren, Karen, Kirsty, the mighty Joan Chitty & of course sole agent Ken Worthington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like > BIlly Connoly, Bill Maher, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Robin WIlliams, Denis Leary, Kevin Bloody Wilson, Chris Rock... (althought all the racial whinging does my head in)

HATE !!!!!!!> Chubby Brown
  • Saw Tim Minchin on telly for the first time last night.;Not my thing at all just found him irritating. Luckily flicked through channels and there was a program on Joyce Grenfell.......much better.
  • [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]Saw Tim Minchin on telly for the first time last night.;Not my thing at all just found him irritating. Luckily flicked through channels and there was a program on Joyce Grenfell.......much better.

Tim Minchin wouldn't be everyones cup of tea. His songs are better than his stand up but I enjoy both. Angry Feet and If I Didn't Have You are on you tube, very different which I like. Quite a talented musician/comedian imo.

Going to see Rich Hall in November for 15 squids in Southend. Thought that was a bargain. Can't wait for that one.

Seen Jo Brand live. Deals with hecklers brilliantly and I do find her amusing even if she is Palace. Unfortunately it was during her Through the Cake Hole stage and her material was a lil stale from overkill. Her fictional books are seriously funny in places and also her autobiography. Bit like Frank Skinner used to be a big fan but think it was mainly from his Fantasy Football days. Went off him when he had his own show and his singing was cringeworthy. Good autobiograhpy as well.
  • Not a massive fan of going to headliner gigs in massive theatres. Over the years I've gone to many shows at the likes of Up The Creek and others and I've seen most of the comedians that people pay £30 to sit and watch in lines up close with a beer in my hand. Support your local club and stop spending cash on money spinning arena shows.
  • Although I do not buy the DVDs or go to all the shows, the two that stand out are David Mitchell and Jack Whitehall. Very funny men.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not a massive fan of going to headliner gigs in massive theatres. Over the years I've gone to many shows at the likes of Up The Creek and others and I've seen most of the comedians that people pay £30 to sit and watch in lines up close with a beer in my hand. Support your local club and stop spending cash on money spinning arena shows.

The Comedy Store was always a good night out. It's 10 mins from where I work but we've not been since the smoking ban and I always have to leave early to get home by train.
  • Just watched the film . American : The Bill Hicks story.

It's superb . If anyone gets the chance to see it , do so.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Not a massive fan of going to headliner gigs in massive theatres. Over the years I've gone to many shows at the likes of Up The Creek and others and I've seen most of the comedians that people pay £30 to sit and watch in lines up close with a beer in my hand. Support your local club and stop spending cash on money spinning arena shows.

The Comedy Store was always a good night out. It's 10 mins from where I work but we've not been since the smoking ban and I always have to leave early to get home by train.

The comedy store is a quality night out, though isn't much cheaper than the big shows all in. Saw Mike Gunn there over the summer and he was really funny.

Best value is getting tickets for Live at the Apollo/Comedy Roadshow or even the panel shows. I find this site or this one reliable for getting tickets.
  • off to see reginald d hunter tonight in bromley - never been to the venue or seen him before.
  • off to see reginald d hunter tonight in bromley - never been to the venue or seen him before.

If you're not already fully aware that he's black, you will be by the end of the evening.*

*from what I've seen on tv...