Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky: We're still 4 short

edited July 2010 in General Charlton

Comments

• Four more?
    So i'd say a keeper, a winger, a centre mid and a striker?

What everybody else think? I would rather have another 2 strikers if budgets allowed for it
  • Don't think we are going to hit the ground running this season.Far too many new faces that are going to take a while to gel.

Hope the brainless idiots that boo and hiss at anything remotely un-premiership like keep there gigantic gobs shut while all this re-building is going on.
  • Yeah got a feeling this season is going to be the total opposite of last season, start averagly and finish strongly. Although I know theres not an easy game, we have a generous set of opening fixtures for the players to start gelling in.
  • I reckon we need: Goalkeeper (Marshall), winger and two strikers (Bauza and one other)
  • GK, Winger and two strikers (Bauza!).
  • Defo need a right mid, as we aint got cover for waggy!, and defo another striker (Pref someone between 19-24 with pace)
  • Obviously a goalkeeper, competition for Wagstaff and another striker. Just hope it's a 2nd striker, I think we can get by at left back with Youga once fit and Jackson and loan someone if needed. Central midfield we could move Jackson there or get a loan player in. Up front it'll be much harder to find a goalscorer and get them settled in if they're only on loan.
  • keeper, RM and 2 strikers.
  • Well i think Andy will sign up as 2nd keeper so i think where okay there,

Striker will be hard, but Parkinson has done very well with his signings so far, im sure he will find someone who will fit in perfectly
  • I think Marshall and Bauza will sign, and possibly Mulley as he featured a lot in pre season (but not today for some reason) and can play in a few positions. That leaves us with one more.
  • Sponsored links:

• How did Norbert do today?
    Is he the cover for Waggy?
  • Norbert looked good. I actually thought it was Francis playing on the wing to get some match fitness. I'd be more than happy based on what we saw today, but you can never really tell in 20 minutes.
  • All I can here from that interview is "character"character" "character" ...

I personally think we are gonna hit the ground running, racon is in the role he wants and its shooting more from yesterdays performance, Jackson sounded lively, reid, all very positive, if we could get someone who is lethal and please,please,please Jonny fortune at the back, then I feel we could be on our way...
  • From the sounds of it he doesn't want another centre back, saying that he believes that Mambo has had a very good pre season.
  • yeah, he did give some good thumbs up to Mambo, maybe spend the money else where...
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]From the sounds of it he doesn't want another centre back, saying that he believes that Mambo has had a very good pre season.

I read Parky's words as Mambo can fill in at right back if needed, I doubt he is considering him to play CB yet.
  • I am slightly worried about the lack of pace at the centre of our defence. How quick is Mambo ? Should Jon Fortune get a look in ?

We need at least x2 strikers, not sure if Tuna is ready yet, maybe Tuna would benefit from a loan out to AFC Wimbledon (if they still need him). At least One quick striker who can score goals and a back up / competition if Tuna is deemed not to be quite ready yet. If we had x2 goal scoring strikers then it is not possible for the opposing defence to mark both strikers out of the game. Swindon scored loads due to having x2 goal scoring strikers and it nearly got them promoted.

We need cover in Racon's position, Bauza ?

Cover for Wagstaff / utility sub, who can play in other positions, Mulley ?

If we get these positions covered, particularly another goal scoring striker, I will start to feel upbeat about the season.

It may take a few games for the team to gel, so some patience may be required.
  • Would hope that Marshall, Bauza and Norbert are offered deals, and possibly Mulley, who maybe could double as RB and R-Mid?

Abbott and Bauza looked good together yesterday
  • I appreciate that Tuna may not be the finished article but for the second year running I think ( he has banged in goals when played) in the pre-seasons......

As he is on a one year contract, he may well want to be apart of the team this year, not possibly another year!.

Is he good enough to start, probably not, should he be on the bench, and playing in the cup games, I think so!.

A short term loan deal may well be on the cards, but we have no control if he is going to be played then!, and another year of sitting around may not appeal to a lad that want's to play!.
  • vff

I agree with your point of lack of pace. It could be that Parkinson will play two holding midfielders to protect the CB for the best part. I perosnally would also like to see a quicker CB signed even if it is someone on loan at a later stage if we find it is a problem.

If we can afford to sign Fortune without hindering other important positions to be filled then I would get him in.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder what team and shape it will be on Sat. Interesting park says they'll give Reid a platform. I think semedo and mecca at cm will allow this. But then who plays up front does he play racon with one centre forward or a combo or akpo bauza Abbott. If he does go with racon it may give Reid and waggy real licence to go and play off the shoulder off the opponents back four giving us that pace up top we have been talking about.
  • We do have Llera, who is not slow. Obviously he has his shortcomings, but if its pace you want he's your man.
  • [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]We do have Llera, who is not slow. Obviously he has his shortcomings, but if its pace you want he's your man.
    What?!
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]We do have Llera, who is not slow. Obviously he has his shortcomings, but if its pace you want he's your man.

You must watch a different Llera to me then. The one i know is slow and is turned/beaten by any striker with a bit of pace (Austin in the play off semi being just one example).
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]We do have Llera, who is not slow. Obviously he has his shortcomings, but if its pace you want he's your man.
    What?!

what the F**k is the words you are looking for

Fast he looks like a bloke running in sand
  • Ah. it's good to see Llera becoming the scapegoat already, before the season has started! Nice!
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]We do have Llera, who is not slow. Obviously he has his shortcomings, but if its pace you want he's your man.
    What?!

what the F**k is the words you are looking for

Fast he looks like a bloke running in sand

I've seen milk turn quicker......
  • to be fair Austin was one of the better strikers we played against last year!
  • Llera is a honest lad, who has scored some good goals, has an occassional great cross field pass and can be quite steady in a tight 451 formation where he is being protected by x1 / x2 players in front of him but ahem, not slow ?

Lleara has the turning speed of an articulated lorry.

He is ok back up defender, and should be played in the appropriate games in a tight formation.

We need a centre back with a bit of pace. Jon Fortune can provide that.

What's also needed is proper rotation of the back 4, so they don't get too knackered or injured.

I feel that if Spring had played against some of the lesser teams in the division and Nicky Bailey was given bit of a rest, we may have faired better in Jan / Feb / early March when we struggled. If you have players in the squad, they should be used so they can play well for the whole season.
  • Think we must start being realistic here. This is league three. No doubt Dailly and Doherty won't win many races but their experience and past quality will allow them to read the game better than most. If you want that ability coupled with pace then you won't find a player within our price range or playing in our league.