Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pawel Abbott signs +++++++++ On OS++++++++++

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
May well have been the fella Adam spotted.

Comments

• shrewd signing !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]On OS

Henry will be pleased. OS rules, OK?

So we've got ourselves a new striker at last.
    Expect a Polished player.
  • Parky: ""The deals for Pawel and Simon are both excellent financial ones for the club, and they are two valuable additions to our squad. We are looking forward to working with them both and hopefully there are some more to come.
  • A good signing,just what we need.
  • Incidentally, is Bauza still around ....?
  • His middle name is Tadeusz Howard, I like the sound of that!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Incidentally, is Bauza still around ....?

I wonder if he played at Swansea with Bauza?
  • Well that is the target man sorted, at 6'2" one would hope he will hold the ball up and win the important headers. If he ways in with a dozen or so goals as well it is a step in the right direction.

To be honest I don't remember him from when he played at the Valley for Oldham even though he was the scorer of a disallowed goal, but then it was a game not to remember.

We just need the 20+ striker now, here's hoping.
  • very underwhelmed with this one PAWEL FECKING ABBOTT
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]very underwhelmed with this one PAWEL FECKING ABBOTT

PMSL ...... Steve, you've been underwhelmed with every player we've signed since Clive Mendonca .....!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• No oggster been well impreseed with them all pre-season apart from this one.mind you he cant be worse than idol the clown
  • On You Tube, Oodersfeld Town fans sing the Pawel Abbot song:

Pawel Abbott songg
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]No oggster been well impreseed with them all pre-season apart from this one.mind you he cant be worse than idol the clown

It was just that you made me choke on my coffee ....priceless!
  • edited July 2010
    Oldham fan here.

Bargain of a buy on your behalf. Shocking decision by our club to let him leave. Easily our best striker, one of the most technically gifted target men outside the top flight. If wasnt for his injuries he would be playing Championship football, no doubt. Just wait and see, he bagged 13 goals for us lst season with very little service as well as being out for a couple of month,. His goals are the reason we are still playing League One football. In a team like yours he's capable of scoring 15+ as well as countless assists because of his hold up play, his ability to take the ball down and his flick ons. Any goalscoring strikers you have will have a field day playing off Abbott.

I'm gutted about this, the only good thing Dave Penney did for our club was bring Abbott in,a club like Oldham don't usually stumble upon quality strikers often so we've dropped a bollock here. Or at least, that old, over the hill bastard Paul Dickov has. If he thinks our average 17 year old strikers are going to bang them in, or a injured Warren Feeney or himself at 37 years of age, he's sorely mistaken. Can't believe it.

Good signing for you's though for a steal of a price, keep him fit (which can be hard) and he could form a formidable partnership with any of your strikers. None of you should feel underwhelmed by this you have really signed a quality target man.

Good luck, Pav's a good lad and I hope he rubs it in Dickov's face when he plays against us.

One gutted Oldham fan.
  • Sounds quite similar to Burton, not the 20 goal a season people wanted but still a class above this division with everything else he does.

Had no idea Dickov was player-manager, thought he had retired.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]
    Had no idea Dickov was player-manager, thought he had retired.[/quote]

I wish he had, oh how I wish he had.

If you'll excuse me, I've said my piece, I'm off to the pub to get wasted and after 7 pints I'll be balling my eyes out over the departure of our top scorer for the 5th consecutive season.
  • Pawel Abbott he is basically a straight swap for DEon but has already scored more and is younger!
  • [cite]Posted By: JCartwell[/cite]Oldham fan here.

Bargain of a buy on your behalf. Shocking decision by our club to let him leave. Easily our best striker, one of the most technically gifted target men outside the top flight. If wasnt for his injuries he would be playing Championship football, no doubt. Just wait and see, he bagged 13 goals for us lst season with very little service as well as being out for a couple of month,. His goals are the reason we are still playing League One football. In a team like yours he's capable of scoring 15+ as well as countless assists because of his hold up play, his ability to take the ball down and his flick ons. Any goalscoring strikers you have will have a field day playing off Abbott.

I'm gutted about this, the only good thing Dave Penney did for our club was bring Abbott in,a club like Oldham don't usually stumble upon quality strikers often so we've dropped a bollock here. Or at least, that old, over the hill bastard Paul Dickov has. If he thinks our average 17 year old strikers are going to bang them in, or a injured Warren Feeney or himself at 37 years of age, he's sorely mistaken. Can't believe it.

Good signing for you's though for a steal of a price, keep him fit (which can be hard) and he could form a formidable partnership with any of your strikers. None of you should feel underwhelmed by this you have really signed a quality target man.

Good luck, Pav's a good lad and I hope he rubs it in Dickov's face when he plays against us.

One gutted Oldham fan.

Thanks for the feedback on Pawel . Sounds like we might have a bit of a bargain ( by god we need one!).
    Sorry you lost a player you admire but all the best for the season anyway . had a great time in Oldham last game of the season and the locals were very friendly.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    "Paweł Tadeusz Howard Abbott (born 5 May 1982 in York) is an English-born Polish footballer who plays for Charlton Athletic in League One."

Blimey, didn't waste any time changing his Wiki page. Unless his agent did it for him ....!
  • [cite]Posted By: JCartwell[/cite]Any goalscoring strikers you have will have a field day playing off Abbott.

Great news!

Now all we need is a goalscoring striker. Anyone know where we might find one ....?
  • As NSS said, he cant be worse than Eusebio!
  • From the Beeb site, this time last year:
    "Oldham Athletic have signed striker Pawel Abbott on a two-year contract.

The 27-year-old played under Latics boss Dave Penney at Darlington last season where he scored 17 goals.

Abbott started his career at LKS Lodz in Poland and has also played at Preston, Bury, Huddersfield, where he netted 50 goals, and Swansea."

So 30 goals in the past 2 seasons playing in League One relegation fighting teams.
    He might very well do better in our team, providing he gets a decent service.
  • Barnsey boy you aint been about for ages and you post that pmsfl

he is a good signing for the 3rd division
  • Very happy with this, really starting to admire what parky has done this summer, really hope he can carry it on throughout the year, even if it does prove me wrong!!
  • Pawel Abbott - I'm so happy with that, get in Parky!
  • Proper centre forward this one, might actually win a few in the air up front this season ! long overdue.
  • If we can keep him fit I think he's going to be a great signing.

Really rare to get a target man at this level who can hold up the ball and bring others into play while also scoring goals.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Very happy with this, really starting to admire what parky has done this summer, really hope he can carry it on throughout the year, even if it does prove me wrong!!

i thought you were with me Stu boy dont go all parky loving yet,,

the abilty to sign a good div 3 player yep i give him that

the ability to coach that player and get the best out of him jury way outr on that bad boy tactic