Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why does my quoting not bloody worK??

edited May 2010 in Troubleshooting
Its never wroked for me, and I got a ticking off for it once...

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Its never wroked for me, and I got a ticking off for it once...
    Are you using BBcode?
  • edited May 2010
    you got the little BBCode box marked at the bottom?
  • Looks like your spell checker is knackered as well!
  • Mine is always highlighted BBCode at the bottom and it doesn't do anything.
  • Because you are thick.

Next question please
  • My quoting has stopped working, not been working for 3 months, since I got an i-phone in fact, would that have anything to do with it? Before anyone asks, yep, BBCode is ticked.
  • Quoting doesn't work via my iPhone either, I think AFKA and Lookie should sort out an app just for all us iPhone users :-)
  • Two general points:

1. As said, underneath the text box you type in, check 'Format comments as' is clicked on BBCode.

2. On the left-hand panel, just above 'Who's online', it should say 'Text-only mode is OFF' . If it is switched to ON, then change it back.

Other than that, there is no reason quotes don't work unless you have some issue with your browser. Or your thick.
  • [cite]Posted By: smudge7946[/cite]* CHG
    * CommentTime3 minutes ago

# 7
    My quoting has stopped working, not been working for 3 months, since I got an i-phone in fact, would that have anything to do with it? Before anyone asks, yep, BBCode is ticked.

testing testing...
  • Hooray!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cracking quoting smudge7946
  • mascot88 have you got the text only key on or off Its on the right hand side middleish if TEXT only mode is on then quoting wont work properly.
  • It works on my iPhone
  • Lord we have lift off....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Because you are thick.

Next question please

Now Afka that is just mean ;)

Im very pleased with this.... expect massively excessive quoting coming from the mascot moving forward...
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]mascot88 have you got the text only key on or off Its on the right hand side middleish if TEXT only mode is on then quoting wont work properly.
    You must have a different layout to me RU, on my page it's halfway up the Left!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Two general points:

1. As said, underneath the text box you type in, check 'Format comments as' is clicked on BBCode.

2. On the left-hand panel, just above 'Who's online', it should say 'Text-only mode is OFF' . If it is switched to ON, then change it back.

Other than that, there is no reason quotes don't work unless you have some issue with your browser. Or your thick.

Point two cracked it, good work, yeah, I am thick!
  • [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]mascot88 have you got the text only key on or off Its on the right hand side middleish if TEXT only mode is on then quoting wont work properly.

Huh weird i though all the forums looked the same maybe its cos im using it on a mac strange.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]mascot88 have you got the text only key on or off Its on the right hand side middleish if TEXT only mode is on then quoting wont work properly.

Huh weird i though all the forums looked the same maybe its cos im using it on a mac strange.

also testing
  • Is there a way to quote from previous pages?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Is there a way to quote from previous pages?
    Nope, not unless you copy the text from the previous page, quote someone from the page you are on and then paste over that text (and change the username).

Bit longwinded really.
  • JTJT
    edited May 2010
    MMMMM. A mystery edit.

I also use a mac, with Firefox, using Charlton Life Default as the layout setting in 'Account'.
  • [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

I also use a mac, with Firefox, using Charlton Life Default as the layout setting in 'Account'.

MMMMM Strange. Im susing Safari but that should make no difference i need to check if my Laptop at home has the same set up when i am logged into this forum i finish work at 17:30 today so watch this space and il let you know :-)

MMMMM Strange. Im susing Safari but that should make no difference i need to check if my Laptop at home has the same set up when i am logged into this forum i finish work at 17:30 today so watch this space and il let you know :-)

as we are all quoting ;o)

Yeah mines on the left tooo, havent tried out any of the different skins though i like it the way it is
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

as we are all quoting ;o)

Yeah mines on the left tooo, havent tried out any of the different skins though i like it the way it is

I will follow suit then ;-) so what are you using it on Johnny (mac or PC) also what provider Firefox or Safari or Explorer??
  • im going to break suit, PC at work internet explorer. Laptop firefox at home both exact same layout for me
  • AFKA, 2nd point was the one that done the trick, top man e26091.gif
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]e26091.gif

howd u do that? i like it!