Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Star Wars Day

May the fourth be with you.

Vote Jedi.

Comments

• I'd have to read a copy of the manifesto first!
  • thats an opinion mate some may like star wars however i see your point the same brush as the world or warcraft fans :-(.
  • Old star wars are quality. New ones are jank.
  • Is that Alec Guinness Addick?

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]thats an opinion mate some may like star wars however i see your point the same brush as the world or warcraft fans :-(.
    That's crap too. Anyone over the age of fifteen who likes Star Wars or WOW needs to grow the f*** up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]thats an opinion mate some may like star wars however i see your point the same brush as the world or warcraft fans :-(.
    That's crap too. Anyone over the age of fifteen who likes Star Wars or WOW needs to grow the f*** up.

While i agree with you i am just a little more liberal in my thinking if an adult wants to play WOW (or any other computer game) or watch a film they like who am i to judge thats all im saying.
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]thats an opinion mate some may like star wars however i see your point the same brush as the world or warcraft fans :-(.

Really? Oh dear! What a miserable existence you must lead! ; )

Do you not not have anything in your little world called escapism then?

You have much to learn... Padawan ; )
    So you no longer like any films you did as a kid? Pathetic
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    So you no longer like any films you did as a kid? Pathetic
    Of course, you're quite right. The only films I watched as a kid were the three Star Wars ones. Since WOW wasn't around when i was a kid, I obviously didn't play any games either, right? Tool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone over the age of fifteen or doesnt go to an American High School that uses the word 'tool' needs to grow the f*** up.
  • You just have to keep an open mind with this sort of thing. If others like it doesnt make them sad each to his/her own i play computer games cos i enjoy them i do not go in for WOW or anything like that but those who do couldnt bother me less its all about opinions they probably find FIFA and Assassins creed dull as ****.
  • ***** **** ***** ********s
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone over the age of fifteen or doesnt go to an American High School that uses the word 'tool' needs to grow the f*** up.
    Shut up, you tool :)
  • So that theory that woman who work or live together end up with their menstrual cycles synchronising is true then.

: - )
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Anyone over the age of fifteen or doesnt go to an American High School that uses the word 'tool' needs to grow the f*** up.

I love you too Leroy :-)
  • @AFKABartram have you actually watched Star Wars yet?

I remember on another thread from a while ago that you admitted to having not seen it.
  • edited May 2017
    Star Wars wins over Marvel 'Comic Book' superhero franchise for me.

I guess they are different genres though?

Thor, CA, IM, GOTG uurrgghh. To make it worse I have to work on these things.

I'd rather watch Zootropolis and Frozen if I'm going to watch children's films.
  • Im reading the latest star wars novel as we speak 'Thawn'. Fantastic read
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2017

Feisty one you are.
  • Not really a fan of Sci Fi but love Star Wars
  • edited May 2017
    My son is 18 today and his name is Luke (both true) - and no we didn't have a clue at the time that the date was Star Wars day

He however is well chuffed that his birthday is 4th of May and we named him Luke

It's been written by Timothy Zahn, hasn't it.

I caved in to pestering by friends and read some of his earlier stuff in the early '90s (in which he created Thrawn), Zahn can really write.

At it's best, the Star Wars fiction is on a par with some of the best SciFi out there - if you enjoy the genre, why wouldn't you read it.

The biggest problem with the Star Wars films is George Lucas, the more he controlled thestoryline and character "development", the worse they were.

It's been written by Timothy Zahn, hasn't it.

I caved in to pestering by friends and read some of his earlier stuff in the early '90s (in which he created Thrawn), Zahn can really write.

At it's best, the Star Wars fiction is on a par with some of the best SciFi out there - if you enjoy the genre, why wouldn't you read it.

The biggest problem with the Star Wars films is George Lucas, the more he controlled the storyline and character "development", the worse they were.
    It is indeed by Timothy Zahn and its a reboot of Thrawn. Thrawn was brought into the current Star Wars world in the 'rebels' series and this expands his story give him a new back story. There is a new back story but its still the same Thawn. It really is a good read.

I do enjoy science fiction and had read all the old star wars books but have not really got on with the post Disney books until now. Very good read.

I see your point about Lucas, its said of the original films that that Empire was the best of the lot and im pretty sure that's the one he had least involvement with.
  • Seen a couple of Star Trek emojis on Facebook today.

Not sure if posting it in the first place or being the one to correct it is worse.
  • Star Wars wins over Marvel 'Comic Book' superhero franchise for me.

I guess they are different genres though?

Thor, CA, IM, GOTG uurrgghh. To make it worse I have to work on these things.

I'd rather watch Zootropolis and Frozen if I'm going to watch children's films.

Slight humble brag there.

Ultimately all the films you've named were made by the same people.
  • Star Wars = shite. Fact.

Aren't you always the first to complain when people go into your childhood hobby threads (cycling) to make fun of cyclists?