Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last night's meeting with Reg

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
So AFKA....anything you can tell us? Or is it "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you"? ;o)

Comments

• CharltonLife is to be brought under club. Steve Sutherland is to be the new site administrator. With Blogs being Written by Pete Varney & Richard Murray in future.
  • Forums seem a little faster on the new CAFC servers imo.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Forums seem a little faster on the new CAFC servers imo.
    That won't last!!! ;o)
  • sounds like the whispers going around earlier in the week were correct.

At the end of this season, the club will be taking control of all all the non-official sites for next season, creating a new unofficial 'fan site' called Charlton United, run by the clubs marketing dept and press office.

Apart from that, just a general chat with Reg with nothing said that people weren't already aware of.

We rather embarrassingly had to go round, introduce ourselves and say a little bit about ourselves and our sites, and it was all fairly staid as you would expect. Then one guy decided the best way to introduce himself to the chief executive and a room full of strangers was by saying:

'hello, i'm xxxx, i first got into Charlton through my brother, who was a member of the Charlton hooligan group, The B Mob'

LOL, highlight of my night !!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sounds like the whispers going around earlier in the week were correct.

At the end of this season, the club will be taking control of all all the non-official sites for next season, creating a new unofficial 'fan site' called Charlton United, run by the clubs marketing dept and press office.

Apart from that, just a general chat with Reg with nothing said that people weren't already aware of.

We rather embarrassingly had to go round, introduce ourselves and say a little bit about ourselves and our sites, and it was all fairly staid as you would expect. Then one guy decided the best way to introduce himself to the chief executive and a room full of strangers was by saying:

'hello, i'm xxxx, i first got into Charlton through my brother, who was a member of the Charlton hooligan group, The B Mob'

Brilliant!
  • what did reg say to that?
  • There were about 25 bloggers there plus for some reason a poet who had a go at Frankie Valley. Inspector Sands said he started his blog as Glynne Jones' e-mail list was crap which was slightly less than diplomatic as Glynne was in the room. Rothko introduced himself as the man "who does all the work on Valley Flags while Ben Hayes gets the credit" again while Mr Hayes was in the room!

There was free beer and sandwiches and it seemed to go well. If enough people liked it we'll do it again. The others can comment better than I on how it went.
  • Was the King of Sweden there?

25 bloggers??? Didnt realise we have that many. Was Trevor there from netaddicks?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]what did reg say to that?
    You walk down to the Valley and you will hear a mighty roar!B MOB!
    Ps Suzi apparently thats was them B Mob chaps use to sing
  • No Riscardo or anyone from NA which was a shame. They were invited. No one from Addickted either even though they had accepted the invite.

It was +1 hence the numbers.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Rothko introduced himself as the man "who does all the work on Valley Flags while Ben Hayes gets the credit" again while Mr Hayes was in the room!

And to prove you do the work, you're lugging the flag about on Saturday
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Rothko introduced himself as the man "who does all the work on Valley Flags while Ben Hayes gets the credit" again while Mr Hayes was in the room!

And to prove you do the work, you're lugging the flag about on Saturday

Again! But I spoke to Irish Kev and Dutch Mark and they are helping out as well. Still need volunteers all of you out their.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]sounds like the whispers going around earlier in the week were correct.

You are joking, aren't you?
  • I had a real chuckle reading Frankie's write up earlier describing how the poet brought that up, and that his sales had rocketed since Frankie had a dig!!

Might even start one of these blog thingys to get in with the funky crowd.

Beer and sandwiches with Frankie Valley, what kudos!!! ;-)

Oh an the rest of you of course!!
  • when Frankie said rocketed, he actually meant 2 copies....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]when Frankie said rocketed, he actually meant 2 copies....

200% increase then surely?
  • edited March 2007
    Posted By: AFKA Bartram

sounds like the whispers going around earlier in the week were correct.

Yup, I was the guy (cousin of him) sat to the left of him, becoming increasingly worried that Reg may have kicked us out!!

Was fantastic when he said it though!!!
  • Was Hogswell invited?
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Was Hogswell invited?

What do you think?
  • Yeah, the poet thing was a bit odd, wasn't it? Loved the B-mob comment, it's good to know Barney Close is still represented in our fanbase!

Glynne bought me a drink later so I can't have been that wrong :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]
    Yup, I was the guy (cousin of him) sat to the left of him, becoming increasingly worried that Reg may have kicked us out!!

Was fantastic when he said it though!!!

It was funny but PV was laughing as well. Good to meet you both and see you Saturday on the pitch!

What did you both think of the night? waste of time? worth doing again?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Was Hogswell invited?

What do you think?

LOL! You should have invited him Ben. Would have been interesting to get him in the same room as you and ask him about his comments................

So the club are centralising the forum set-up, what about the Radio Call In Shows and will this see me get any of the money you've made out of me?
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

Glynne bought me a drink later so I can't have been that wrong :-)

He was smiling on the outside but inside he was crying big tears.
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Was Hogswell invited?

What do you think?

LOL! You should have invited him Ben. Would have been interesting to get him in the same room as you and ask him about his comments................

Actually Dave Roberts decided to not invite him even before I had thought about it. He's never had come anyway.
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    So the club are centralising the forum set-up, what about the Radio Call In Shows and will this see me get any of the money you've made out of me?

The forums are all to be unified and run by Richard Redden who will keep a tight rein on them and prevent any swearing or talk of rowdy behaviour. Season tickets will be removed from anyone starting any new blogs.

PS the cheque is in the post
  • I know he'd never have turned up but that would have been half the fun
  • edited March 2007
    Isnt the club using the same tactics/process that destroyed a perfectly good Charlton Live radio show ?

Addicketed.net people probarbly didnt show due to the banning of them selling the R.Murray/Apprentice/your fired coffee mug.

Netaddicks people might not want the club involved.
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Netaddicks people might not want the club involved.

I dont think Two_Sheds or Squidward would have been too bothered to be honest
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]

Was fantastic when he said it though!!![/quote]

It was funny but PV was laughing as well. Good to meet you both and see you Saturday on the pitch!

What did you both think of the night? waste of time? worth doing again?[/quote]

I loved the night, and put my feelings about it on CharltonMad, which Cynic Athletic (whose last post before Saturday was at the end of December) said he'd never heard of. Would love to do it again. I, Paul will be on the pitch but Jamie is too lazy to help!
  • [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Isnt the club using the same tactics/process that destroyed a perfectly good Charlton Live radio show ?

Addicketed.net people probarbly didnt show due to the banning of them selling the R.Murray/Apprentice/your fired coffee mug.

Netaddicks people might not want the club involved.

Seems unlikely as Brian Cole and Glynne Jones were there and Peter Varney agreed to go on their Charlton Plus show in two weeks time.

No idea why Addickted didn't attend but they had accepted provisionally. Who told you the coffee cup was "banned" as I've not heard that before?

The club aren't getting involved in any of the forums, Pete Tong, including net-addicks
  • [cite]Posted By: CrispyCAFC[/cite]

I loved the night, and put my feelings about it on CharltonMad, which Cynic Athletic (whose last post before Saturday was at the end of December) said he'd never heard of. Would love to do it again. I, Paul will be on the pitch but Jamie is too lazy to help!

Just had a look at that. Good stuff. Tell Jamie he can't be that hard if he can't lift a flag. Big lad like him and all.