Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I know I'm old and miserable, but ....

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
... I just can't bring myself to vote for the North East Herts Labour candidate. He looks like he's just left school.

Comments

• Bet he likes a pie.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Bet he likes a pie.
    Or ten
  • looks like a c***
  • From the local LP website.....

David Kirkman was selected as the prospective parliamentary candidate for the constituency at a meeting of all Labour Party members in the constituency on 24 October 2009. The new selection took place because Richard Henry resigned as the candidate because of a conflict of interest with his role in the primary care trust.

David, who is 25, works in IT. He already has a lot of campaigning experience and has twice stood for his local council. He is secretary of the Essex County Labour Party and treasurer of his local Co-Operative Party branch, as well as minute secretary of the Labour Group on Basildon Council.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know the area, I presume he has no chance?
  • have you met our stat man? No wonder he cant make the game. He just sits at home counting our away support. Sorry ooh ahh. Bout time.
  • edited April 2010
    He has a blinding campaign strategy:

"In North East Hertfordshire, Labour remains the only real alternative to the Tories. In 1997 and 2001 Labour almost succeeded in winning here (although the bar chart graph provided shows a very poor effort in 2005). If you're worried about Tory plans for the future then your only choice is to vote Labour."

Vote for me! I'm your only choice!

Do I live in Herts .. or Iraq?
  • Forgot to mention ... David Kirkman ensures that I get several sleepless nights now by telling me that "the Tories would restore fox hunting."

Bastards!
  • He looks like Ben Mitchell in 10 years time, lol
  • An early campaign slogan was vetoed by the labour HQ it was:

"Vote for me, for I am the the mighty potato head"
  • Rick Waller's done well for himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Check out the website. It's great.

http://www.nehertslabour.org.uk/index.html

Read all about Goldie Hawn and Swedish models. Also, there's a nice map of NE Herts ... rampant with foxes, you know.
  • funny that. my green party candidate, has a first name of tristan and i thought, however much i might be considering changing my allegiance, can i really vote for someone with that name?
  • Is he a Palarse fan?
  • "rolaaand...." from grange hill
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]David, who is 25 ......

At his age he should travel to impoverished areas and connect with a bit of the real world, places where people struggle to survive but still look out for each other.

Then he can come home, and put what he's learned to practical use.

Instead of being another political party clone.
  • BDLBDL
    edited April 2010
    profile21.jpg?w=182&h=237

Almost as frightening, rather ORANGE wouldn't you agree?
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]David, who is 25 ......

At his age he should travel to impoverished areas and connect with a bit of the real world, places where people struggle to survive but still look out for each other.

Oggy, you don't mean send him to Cornwall. The poor sod would never view the world in the same way again.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]David, who is 25 ......

Oggy, you don't mean send him to Cornwall. The poor sod would never view the world in the same way again.

Cornwall's a Third World country, I'll let you know!
    We've got proper poverty here, like 15 year olds who don't have an X-Box or at best, only a secondhand IPod.

Although all 17 year olds who've been stupid enough to get knocked up in the village bus shelter, now have their own
    2 bedroom houses, paid for by Benefits - affordable housing, don't you know.

Better than trying to find work when there aren't any jobs.

;o)
  • I used to be less attractive than him and still pulled...still, cakes can be quite comforting too.
  • [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]I used to be less attractive than him and still pulled...still, cakes can be quite comforting too.

Rumour has it you're still less attractive than him ......

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]"rolaaand...." from grange hill
    His dad gave him curly wurlys when he should have been making him eat salad. If only Jamie had been around then Ro-land could have been saved.