Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Regrets. Ive had a few.........

Is there anything you have or haven't done that you've always looked back and said "What if?"? Jobs not taken, birds you've dumped, things you have or haven't bought etc

Me. I had a chance to by a flat in the old Naval Hospital at the bottom of Shooters Hill for £70k about 10 years ago. Beautiful flat with 12ft ceilings etc. Didn't because I was more than happy where I was and the transport links were a pain. Really regret that now considering they go for c£250k!!

Comments

• edited March 2007
    no...
  • going from living at home to moving in with my missus. Really wished in hindsight i'd got a place to myself, shared with a mate in between and lived as a peasant.

oh and going on Johnboy's stag do and missing the West ham game !
  • Similar to you CD.

Brother suggested i buy his flat as a Buy to Let when he moved, thought the Housing market was going to dry up so decided not to.

It was a 3 bed flat in Leytonstone near to the boating lake and was going for £78k about 8 years ago.

Doh!
  • looked at a 2 bed flat in the Albert Dock Liverpool for £95.000 but decided it was easier to pay my mum £20 a week.
  • Returning to London from LA instead of taking a chance of working in Boston.
  • No regrets i love life and take each day as it comes
  • My girlfriend dumped me last night, so I'm starting again!

1) Find Flat
    2) Sky Plus
    2a) TV for Sky Plus
    3) Fridge for Beer
    4) Beer
    5) Furniture
  • Regret not buying a house years ago. Have to rent again when i come back from Canada, hoping for a house market crash again. Regret becoming a civil engineer, most boring job in the world and stupidly done it for 14 years. Massive regret in not asking my mum certain questions while she was alive.
  • I could have bought a place in Deptford High Street when I was buying in '99 (must have been £59,000, I think) and could have cashed in big time when all the mullets started banging on about it being the new Hoxton.

Then again, I'd have been living in Deptford High Street, with rats on the doorstep and people pissing Tennents Super up my front door every morning. So maybe not.

My only real regret is not seeing as much of my grandad as I should have done before he passed away. Oh, and niggly regrets about women. But in general, I'm a lucky boy, and prefer to look forward rather than back.
  • I seriously regret never getting Bagheri on the back of my shirt :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Had the opportunity to buy a flat in Eltham in 1984 for £16,000. Saved up the deposit but in a moment of madness, blew the lot on a 2nd hand Ford Capri. By the time I'd saved enough money for another deposit, property prices had doubled. Went to on to buy a flat in New Eltham for £43,000 in 1987 and the following August could have sold for £65,000. Then came the property crash in the early 90's and ended up selling it for less than I paid for it.
  • But what happened to the Capri? It's a long time since I clapped eyes on one of those...
  • i regret posting the zz song lyrics:(
  • PBS, I'm shocked at such a blatant display of animal cruelty! How will the poor creatures get out without slicing themselves to shreds on the lip of the can?

( ;-) for those that didn't spot the flippant tone implied above)

No major regrets here, although it'd be interesting to know what would've happened if I'd got the job as Education Officer at the British Museum, that I went for a few years ago.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]PBS, I'm shocked at such a blatant display of animal cruelty! How will the poor creatures get out without slicing themselves to shreds on the lip of the can?

Yeah, right on! 'cans of worms' is murder :)
  • When i left school i couldn't decide what to do so temped for SG Warburg in Finsbury Sq for a few months and they offered me a chance to work on the trading floor just as I was offered my 1st full time job - i turned them down for the job offer - oh dear .... but then I could have ended up a ... no won't go there some of you lot do it LOL
  • But then again too few to mention.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]When i left school i couldn't decide what to do so temped for SG Warburg in Finsbury Sq for a few months and they offered me a chance to work on the trading floor just as I was offered my 1st full time job - i turned them down for the job offer - oh dear .... but then I could have ended up a ... no won't go there some of you lot do it LOL

Oi!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]When i left school i couldn't decide what to do so temped for SG Warburg in Finsbury Sq for a few months and they offered me a chance to work on the trading floor just as I was offered my 1st full time job - i turned them down for the job offer - oh dear .... but then I could have ended up a ... no won't go there some of you lot do it LOL

Oi Arf , thats where I started SG Warburg !

What year were you there ?
  • about July/August 87 i think it was might have been 88.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably my only regret was not buying a house when I first started working for Lloyds TSB in 1987. They were doing 4.00% for Life Mortgages for the staff, could have probably bought a Semi in Chessington for about £30k back then. I probably would just about own the house outright now, same properties are currently worth between £230-£280k. Currently not even on the housing ladder, Gutted is not the word.
  • Ketman - I have never properly understood how those bank employee mortgages work. Do you mean they give you a mortgage with a 4% interest rate FOR LIFE? As long as you stay at the bank?
  • None what so ever
  • Ithink the property thing is the most common one. Wish i had bought in 96 to rent before I left for HK... god only knew how the property market would rise that much.
  • Come on let's have some real regrets. Most of us missed out on the latest property boom. We can all deal backwards.
    My main regret...... Listening to my teachers too much. I was constantly told I was extremely bright and found school work too easy. Well I believed them too much. Didn't work at my O-levels properly. Had to retake some. Then I was a year behind my friends on A Levels. Decided to drop out of school and go to work. Missed out on University and a subsequent "proper" career.
    Ok I have done well in the end but would rather have been a solicitor or something.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Ketman - I have never properly understood how those bank employee mortgages work. Do you mean they give you a mortgage with a 4% interest rate FOR LIFE? As long as you stay at the bank?

Yeah that's pretty much it, they removed them about four or five years after I joined (Bout 1991/92) thing is though if you already had one, providing you did not try to re-mortgage (Why would you unless for additional borrowing) you kept the rate until you left the bank.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Come on let's have some real regrets. Most of us missed out on the latest property boom. We can all deal backwards.
    My main regret...... Listening to my teachers too much. I was constantly told I was extremely bright and found school work too easy. Well I believed them too much. Didn't work at my O-levels properly. Had to retake some. Then I was a year behind my friends on A Levels. Decided to drop out of school and go to work. Missed out on University and a subsequent "proper" career.
    Ok I have done well in the end but would rather have been a solicitor or something.

Well there have been a couple of stunning ladies that I could of well added to my tally, but for various reasons behaved like a perfect gentleman & just went to sleep instead. Everyone is gonna start saying I am Queer now........
  • Ketters, are you Batty?
  • edited March 2007
    You iron
  • I regret going to Wigan last season, that was a shocker.