Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney injured

Just went down like a sack of spuds and in absolute agony. Let's hope it's nothing serious although doesn't look promising. I think we all knew this would happen at some point.

Comments

• Could be out for 2-3 weeks,ankle injury.
  • 2-3 weeks, that would be fine. For England anyway. It's just the way he went down and landed on the ankle and the reaction of agony after that makes me think it could be more serious. Fingers crossed!
  • Well lets just hope it is 2-3 weeks.

Aaron Lennon was supposed to be out for a fortnight and its turned into nearly 4 months now.
  • looked like toe break to me his foot got stood on and he seemed to know immediately what it was.
  • Out for this world cup, and the next one.

Commeth the hour, commeth emile ivanhoe heskey
  • Heskey and Ashton front pairing.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Heskey and Ashton front pairing.
    not forgetting akpodje is available
  • edited March 2010
    It's just a sprain according to Fergie! What a drama queen. Panic over.
  • Telephone call for Mr Bent....telephone call for Mr Bent....
  • IF rooney is out of the world cup, then we'll have to go with a more conventional front 2. Crouch and defoe (should be bent, but hes out of favour for some reason) or, if fit, heskey and owen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aperently its so serious they are gonna have to put him down.....

coleen is distraught
  • Chris dicksons agent must be cursing Dicko has played for Ghanna
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Out for this world cup, and the next one.

Commeth the hour, commeth emile ivanhoe heskey
    Ivanhoe and Izale up front, anyone?
  • Benty will come and save the day.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]Benty will come and save the day.[/qu

i think marcus bent should get his chance now
  • not happy about this, dont care for united but if he is injured think englands chances are about 1%, where as with rooney not a bad chance 20% imo
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]where as with rooney not a bad chance 20% imo

See you at Betfair if you believe we've got a 5-1 chance.
  • He went over on his ankle, didn't break it, he'll be fine for the World Cup.

Probably even be back playing in a few weeks!
  • Wayne Rooney update

sprained ankle, no ligament or bone damage, 2-4 weeks on the sidelines

7th time he's sprained that ankle in his career apparently - weakness?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Wayne Rooney update

perfect for England, little rest for him before the important stuff !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Wayne Rooney update

perfect for England, little rest for him before the important stuff !

Perfect!
  • edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]It's just a sprain according to Fergie! What a drama queen. Panic over.[/quote]

nichrob...there's spraining an ankle badly and spraining an ankle by just tweaking it a bit, most of us who've played sports can testify that if you do it badly it's damn painful.I can assure you it will be lovely colours of black and blue today.
    I must say I don't quite understand your drama queen comment, he's obviously done it badly.
  • [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]where as with rooney not a bad chance 20% imo

dont have an account sorry, can you explain how it works with betfair? is it just straight up i bet £20 to yours and doesn't matter about the odds? or do the odds make a difference in it? u just dont get it so haven't got an account
  • Turning your ankle is very painful. Especially if you have done it before. Glass ankle syndrome.

A bit of ice and then heat and our Wayne should be fine.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]It's just a sprain according to Fergie! What a drama queen. Panic over.

nichrob...there's spraining an ankle badly and spraining an ankle by just tweaking it a bit, most of us who've played sports can testify that if you do it badly it's damn painful.I can assure you it will be lovely colours of black and blue today.
    I must say I don't quite understand your drama queen comment, he's obviously done it badly.

It was said in jest thinking at the time he had broken it. I played football a few years back and have now stopped due to ligament damage, I understand the pain only too well.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]It's just a sprain according to Fergie! What a drama queen. Panic over.[/quote]

I must say I don't quite understand your drama queen comment, he's obviously done it badly.[/quote]

It was said in jest thinking at the time he had broken it. I played football a few years back and have now stopped due to ligament damage, I understand the pain only too well.[/quote]

OK mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]where as with rooney not a bad chance 20% imo

dont have an account sorry, can you explain how it works with betfair? is it just straight up i bet £20 to yours and doesn't matter about the odds? or do the odds make a difference in it? u just dont get it so haven't got an account

Betfair is an exchange that allows you to either bet or lay any outcome, which means you are either betting on a result like in a conventional bookies and only risking your stake or against the result where you are in effect the bookie yourself and are responsible for covering any bets you take, ie a £100 bet @ 10/1 means you're liable for £1000 if it wins but keep the stake if it loses.

Anyway the consensus seems to be England are about 6/1 to lift the cup, personally i think it's crazy to back a northern European team in African conditions at that price and will be laying England pretty heavily.

When Rooney hits a hatrick in the final i'm going to regret this post ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    Scan reveals minor ankle ligament damage.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]personally i think it's crazy to back a northern European team in African conditions at that price and will be laying England pretty heavily.
    [cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]

I think it's crazy not to consider which country in Africa it's being played in. South African winters can get very cold. This World Cup will be better suited to Europeans than any other tournament outside of Europe (especially English speaking Europeans).
  • So he starts tonight...