Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trustworthy garage neaded

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Can't stand the droning noise so it seems I need to get the rear wheel bearings changed on my ford focus (and upon doing some checking up it seems a bit of a problem that the focus has).

As it's the first car I've actually owned I wonder if anyone could recommend somewhere fairly local to Lee which would be trustworthy on both price and quality

Comments

• St Mildreds Road Garage....just next to the railway bridge near the traffic lights with Verdant Lane.
  • dont go there buckshee,they will rip you off big time.
  • see this is the trouble , I'll have one person saying somewhere is good then someone else saying don't go there

was told by a ford garage it would be about £200 for both rear wheels to be done but that seems pretty steep
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont go there buckshee,they will rip you off big time.[/quote]

Is that a fact nolly old son..........is that a fact.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]see this is the trouble , I'll have one person saying somewhere is good then someone else saying don't go there

was told by a ford garage it would be about £200 for both rear wheels to be done but that seems pretty steep

£200 for both. Had both of mine done at different times and each were about £95.
  • only joshing
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]only joshing[/quote]
    Ah yes...... how helpful of you???
  • here to help.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]here to help.[/quote]

Mmmmmm................if you say so.
  • oh gawd.
  • Sponsored links:

• I deliver car spares to garages and i think that you'll be okay with St. Mildreds,how far do you want to travel in case that gargage can't fit you in,let me know and i might be able to come up with another garage nearby if needs be.
  • buck...hope my recommendation for St Mildreds pays off...let me know how you get on with them, you can of course always get a quote first.
    Sometimes garages allow you to buy your own parts and just supply labour, might be worth looking at that scenario if they are prepaired to go along with it.
    St Mildreds has been there for many years...in fact, I had a Saturday job in there in my teens (circa 64/65) when the founders, the Humphrey's family, owned it.
    Always had a good reputation as a small reliable local garage and as far as I know still does.
    I have my MOT's done there....though that's a slightly different side to the business, which is run independently from the workshop.
  • I get all my work done by Colin at Shortlands Auto's in Sundridge Park/Grove Park:
    39 Foxbury Road BR1 4DG.
    020 8464 0465.

Paul.
  • Any feedback buck?
  • NSS gave me someone he uses , he's gonna do it for me on thursday . Cheers for the help
  • Ok mate...good luck.
  • Just seen this thread. The coverage in London's not great at the moment but you can try this site for all sorts of traders that have been checked out and are approved by trading standards.

Buy With Confidence