Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accumulator's

Last week i won £181.00 on an Accumulator on Bet fred website i only put £1.00 on. I do one from each division in England from the Prem down to the Blue Square prem Just wondered if anyone else on here does the Accumulators?? As they are quiet good just a pounds bet and you even though the likely hood of winning is very slim it spices the weekends action up for me my choices last week were :

Aston Villa to beat Wigan,
West Brom to beat Swansea City,
Leicester City to beat Palace
Oldham to beat Stockport,
Lincoln City to Draw with Daggers,
Stevenage to beat Histon,

that was my winning one but i have one on this week too but its huge.

Comments

• lol if you do one team from each division how can this weeks be bigger than last weeks?

gotta agree that saturdays arent the same without an accy. Havent had a return for a while, although i won a little bit of money the same night as my 'famous' CL poker debut win ;-)
  • Funny you should say that on Saturday, I did a £15 acc with betfred and won £475. I did

Brentford to win away to Stockport.
    Brighton to win away at Oldham
    Barnet to win away at Darlington
    Notts county to win away at someone cant remember who now.

I still felt miserable because we hadnt beaten Gillingham, it wasn't until I saw the money in my account I began to feel a bit better :)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]lol if you do one team from each division how can this weeks be bigger than last weeks?

gotta agree that saturdays arent the same without an accy. Havent had a return for a while, although i won a little bit of money the same night as my 'famous' CL poker debut win ;-)

Na its just a bigger return i mean i get £709 back for a £1.00 accy just much less chance of it coming in obviously ;-). What ones are you going to do this week then Gary?
  • This week i got two in each Division wow.

West Ham to draw with Stoke
    QPR to beat PNE,
    Charlton to beat Huddersfield (and there i will loose lol)
    Barnet to beat Burton Albion,
    Chelsea to beat Villa (got draw written all over this)
    West Brom to beat Reading,
    Norwich to Draw with Leeds (massive fixture)
    Rochdale to beat Grimsby,

Unlikly to come in i know but imagine if it did and we won as well what a weekend that would be.
  • I usually do trebles and 4-folds rather than accumulators. Used to do accumulators but got fed up with missing out on a fortune because one result didn't come in. Also noticed recently that if you're going to bet on a team to win anyway, you get slightly better odds doing Asian Handicap.

If I'm watching a game on telly I like to put a few silly bets on as well - number of corners/bookings etc. I had total number of goalscorers' shirt numbers to equal more than 64 on the West Ham game - believe me, it makes the dullest game turn into a frenzy of excitement!
  • Arsenal to beat Brimingham
    Fulham to beat Hull
    Notts County to beat Rotherham
    Chesterfield to beat Hereford

£10 stake. Cant get on bookies website at work so dunno what the return will be.
  • Won £130 over the weekend thanks to Forest, Celtic, Rangers, Real Madrid and Ajax.
    My midweek accumulator went tits up last night when Sevilla let in a last minute equaliser at home to bottom club Xerez!

Mr Largo - what is the Asian handicap form of betting, please explain?
  • Lower the teams up the stake if possible.

I rarely do more than a 4 fold
  • Do a 7 fold almost every week, 1 or 2 quid.

Only Colchsester let me down this week, the bastards!
  • Did Millwall, Real Betis and Athlone Town (Irish team) on Monday had a tenner @ 10/1.

Thought I'd make some money out of Millwall going above us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Won £130 over the weekend thanks to Forest, Celtic, Rangers, Real Madrid and Ajax.
    My midweek accumulator went tits up last night when Sevilla let in a last minute equaliser at home to bottom club Xerez!

Mr Largo - what is the Asian handicap form of betting, please explain?

Basically the favourite starts with a 0.75 goal deficit, so there can't be a draw. I did this with Newcastle against Doncaster last night. Newcastle won 1 - 0, so in terms of the bet I had on, they won 1 - 0.75. If I had bet on Doncaster to win with a 0.75 goal headstart then they would only have needed to get a draw for me to win my money, as 1-1 would have equated to Doncaster beating Newcastle 1.75 - 1. The reason you get slightly better odds is because there is no draw to bet on.

Bare in mind that the deficit the favourite starts with can vary if they are a very strong favourite - for example, on Stan James, Chelsea start with a 1.75 goal deficit against Portsmouth tonight, so if you back Chelsea then they need to win by 2 goals in order for you to win your money.

I tend to be rubbish at explaining things, so you might find it easier to read this explanation from Wikipedia:
    With traditional fixed odds, ties are treated as an additional outcome to the game. In other words, bettors lose when they place a wager on either team to win and the game ties. With Asian Handicaps, however, the chance for a tie is eliminated by use of a handicap that forces a winner. This creates a situation where each team has a 50-50 chance of winning; similar to the odds for a basketball or baseball game where a tie is impossible.

This system works in a straight-forward manner. The bookmakers's goal is to create a handicap or "line" that will make the chance of either team winning (considering the handicap) as close to 50% as possible. Since the odds are as close to 50% as possible, bookmakers offer payouts close to even money, or 1.90 to 2.00. Asian Handicaps start at a quarter goal and can go as high as 2.5 or 3 goals in matches with a huge disparity in ability.
  • Cheers that all makes sense. Think i'll stick to normal accumulators though, it's hard enough to win them never mind needing a team to perhaps win by 2 (in Chelsea's case tonight)
  • Used to love a Heinz on a Saturday when I worked shifts, was quite lucky in those days, long before online betting, even online anything looking back...... Any of you likely lads recommend the best site for me to rekindle my accumulator skills ? Don't worry you wont be leading me to a life of rack and ruin (CAFC have already done that!) I will only be doing the odd quid here and there.
  • tell me about it Chris, Sevilla last night cost me too, was watching it online, agony as that goal went in
  • went through a phase last season when i was picking 3 draws in the championship, and they came in about 4 weeks out of 6. was doing a fiver a time and getting returns of between £160 and £190.
    nothing of note this season, just a couple of 1st goalscorers in the sunday live games.
  • The best thing to do now is goals galore.

Few firms do it but betfred the best odds. You pick games hat both teams will score in, doesn't matter of final result. All games priced 4/5

So wack a tenner on 5 games on a Saturday and make 150
  • The Geordies let me down last weekend for £1100.
    Even managed to get a couple of draws in as well.
  • normally have a few footie bets on a saturday/sunday...last weekend did 9 home wins (for a fiver), 8 came in and the last one was Leicester v Coventry on Sunday...cue last min Coventry equaliser....payout was £206 ! GRRrrrrr
  • Just stuck £6 on at 15/2 returns £52.58 from the following games tonight on Skybet:

Barcelona v Osasuna
    Portsmouth v Chelsea
    West Brom v Coventry
    St Mirren v Celtic
    Dundee Utd v Rangers
    Inter Milan v Livorno
    Tottenham v Fulham
  • I Kind of have my own lil laws when it comes to my accy's one of which is i can only place bets on teams in the English leagues dont really know why just something i do. Especially wouldnt bet on Jok football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never back Charlton, is my rule
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I Kind of have my own lil laws when it comes to my accy's one of which is i can only place bets on teams in the English leagues dont really know why just something i do. Especially wouldnt bet on Jok football.

Despite celtic/rangers being bankers most weeks?
  • Barca still 0-0 :l 60 gone
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I Kind of have my own lil laws when it comes to my accy's one of which is i can only place bets on teams in the English leagues dont really know why just something i do. Especially wouldnt bet on Jok football.

Despite celtic/rangers being bankers most weeks?

Just as well I don't bet midweek LOL
  • scottish football coupon busters ....celts lost 4-0 and the gers lost 1-0 ... park football
  • edited March 2010
    Had £20 on WBA, Inter (wins), David Villa anytime and City game over 0.5 goals... £55 returns.
    Also £6 on Fulham first goal... £20 back.

Quite happy with that from 2 bets!
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Just stuck £6 on at 15/2 returns £52.58 from the following games tonight on Skybet:

Barcelonav Osasuna
    Portsmouth vChelsea
    West Bromv Coventry
    St Mirren vCeltic
    Dundee Utd vRangers
    Inter Milanv Livorno
    Tottenhamv Fulham
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I Kind of have my own lil laws when it comes to my accy's one of which is i can only place bets on teams in the English leagues dont really know why just something i do. Especially wouldnt bet on Jok football.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]scottish football coupon busters ....celts lost 4-0 and the gers lost 1-0 ... park football

The last time I ever bet on Scotish Football! Every result came through except for the Old Firm!?
  • To be fair betting on Rangers tonight was risky anyway as it's cup football and they had a tough cup final 4 days ago ending it with 9 men. But there's no defending the Celtic result. A 4-0 defeat at St Mirren has to be amongst their worst defeats ever.
  • Very true. The end for Tony Mowbray I feel, as you said in your other thread. Defeats like that is why I can never see the Old Firm competing in the Premier League.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Very true. The end for Tony Mowbray I feel, as you said in your other thread. Defeats like that is why I can never see the Old Firm competing in the Premier League.

Didnt Leeds beat Man Utd? Freak results happen in every league. Not that I think either would do very well in the PL at all!