Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

21st Birthday Ideas?

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Hi

I am struggling to come up with any decent ideas for my 21st. A few of my friends have had really good ones but I don't wanna copy what they have done, for example we did a tube line pub crawl which was good. Don't wanna do anything major, just have a decent night out with some friends.

Therefore if anyone has recently had a 21st or been to a good one, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Maidstone....good night out for youngsters.
  • Can't go wrong with a pub crawl really.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Can't go wrong with a pub crawl really.
    That's got to be the least accurate sentence on this forum. Ever. FACT.

;o)
  • London marathon pub crawl is an epic done it once needed a few days to recover, start in blackeath right through charlton greenwich deptford london bridge right out to docklands then finishing in the mall. You're allowed 3 non alcholic drinks during the day.
  • The Monopoly Pub Crawl is awesome
  • Somethings cheap - Pubcrawl, Paintballing, Go Karting (anything that is going to end up in a major piss up afterwards)
    Something Quality - AMSTERDAM!!!! Go for a weekend it's amazing, or Prague (never been but heard it's alot of fun)

Either way your probs going to end up tied to a lamppost somewhere in a red cocktail dress lol
  • Either way your probs going to end up tied to a lamppost somewhere in a red cocktail dress lol[/quote]

More likely my friends will try to shave my head lol!

Cheers for the suggestions, the monolopy pub crawl/marathon crawl seem very good ideas!
  • Lol your friends seem alot kinder then mine lol.
  • The monopoly one sounds fun, but then you get bored of having to troop back to the tube, and going off to another pub.
    You will invariably find a pub and decide you cant be arsed to go anywhere else and spend the rest of the day there.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]The monopoly one sounds fun, but then you get bored of having to troop back to the tube, and going off to another pub.
    You will invariably find a pub and decide you cant be arsed to go anywhere else and spend the rest of the day there.

That was my experience. Also have to be sooooo organised, not spending more than 15 minutes in each pub pretty much. We did 18 pubs out of the 26 in about 10 hours for my 18th, and was knackered, pissed and had many a story to tell. The travelling is the hardest part.

I prefer the circle line pub crawl, just get off at each stop on the circle line, and find the local pub. Less travelling between each, and you're never too far from the tube so much less chance of getting lost! As with all of them, it's the travelling up and down the escalators to the train that's the killer, but the circle line generally isn't that deep....

Have fun!
  • if you're wealthy then do as my mate did and hire and old london routemaster and go around on that all day to each pub.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    More likely my friends will try to shave my head lol!

They'd be doing you a favour : - )

How about a trip on a channel ferry. Drink there and back but see some French culture in-between
  • doesn't anyone do the old party-at-the-parents house anymore......with crisps, peanuts and a few sausages on sticks.

thats what I did for mine !!
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]The monopoly one sounds fun, but then you get bored of having to troop back to the tube, and going off to another pub.

That was my experience. Also have to be sooooo organised, not spending more than 15 minutes in each pub pretty much. We did 18 pubs out of the 26 in about 10 hours for my 18th, and was knackered, pissed and had many a story to tell. The travelling is the hardest part.

I prefer the circle line pub crawl, just get off at each stop on the circle line, and find the local pub. Less travelling between each, and you're never too far from the tube so much less chance of getting lost! As with all of them, it's the travelling up and down the escalators to the train that's the killer, but the circle line generally isn't that deep....

Have fun!

When I did the Monopoly pub crawl I got the tube twice in the entire day. Only if you do the stops in the order they're on the Monopoly board does it become ridiculous. You can walk/bus it between most stops. An early start is essential though - about 11am - but we had half an hour in most pubs. There are websites out there with the most efficient routes to maximise pub time and minimise travel time.

You can't moan about getting the tube on the Monopoly pub crawl then suggest the Circle Line one!
  • but beware tube closures at weekends if thats what your planning!
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

You can't moan about getting the tube on the Monopoly pub crawl then suggest the Circle Line one!

Circle Line is better imo cos it's easier. I've only done it when you could drink on the train and so didn't have to leave the platform if you didn't want to....