Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train strike going ahead, may affect MK Dons game

Mate is senior at National Rail, just had a meeting with Bob Crow. The drivers are going out on strike (narrow vote in favour) as mentioned in the news. The press say no date set, but mate is pretty certain based on his meeting that it will be - surprise, surprise - around Easter weekend, possibly mucking up our trip to Milton Keynes.

In other news, I had a tenner on Imperial Commander at 15/2. GET IN YOU BEAUTY.

Comments

• Peace talks at ACAS next week
  • Is this the same mate who told you the general election was going to be announced today for 6th May?
  • My mate told me The Queen is going to abdicate next Thursday.

He also told me that Michael Jackson is back in the studio and that Jamaican Ginger Cake is made by red headed reggae fans.

I don't like Bob Crowe- and that was before I knew he supports Millwall.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is this the same mate who told you the general election was going to be announced today for 6th May?

No, that was a guy what works for the government, this is a guy who works for the railways. Two different professions.

I think the guy got spangled on the election day as today IS officially the day the local elections have been called for May 6th. Even though that date's been set for ages, the actual specfic day of it being officially 'called' (based on the number of days in advance it has to be) was today.

General elections can be called at much shorter notice than locals, strangely. The general election is only officially 'called' 17 working days beforehand, as I understand it (and Maundy Thursday isn't counted as a working day for some stupid historical reason). Dunno what date that means it's gonna be called, but it's defo gonna be on May 6th.

If you need to know anything else (such as what way to vote) just ask.