Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roy Hodgson

Just wanted to mention what a great job Roy Hodgson has done at Fulham, he is in my eyes manager of the season. The result againest Juve supports even more what a amazing job he has done. The media always seems to forget how far he has took Fulham since he joined.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I think the bloke is an idiot.

He'll never manage a "Big Club", well not properly. Look what he did at Blackburn.

Every year in the Prem there is room for someone to do well. Burely's done it, Alladyce has done it and Curbs almost did it.

Where are they now?

Hodgson is a joke and I see Flulham relegated next season.
  • Outstanding performance, Have to say there is a tinge of sorrow here, feel that Charlton could have been in this position, If only............
    Good luck Fulham
  • Yup...I echo all the comments made thus far....done a really splenidid job there....gutting in many ways, as I don't see Fulham as being a bigger club than us.
  • well done all at Fulham
  • [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Just wanted to mention what a great job Roy Hodgson has done at Fulham, he is in my eyes manager of the season. The result againest Juve supports even more what a amazing job he has done. The media always seems to forget how far he has took Fulham since he joined.

Fair play to Fulham and to Roy. But don't overlook the contribution that Les Reed made there. Perfect use of Les's skills ... maybe not a First Team Manager, but a great coach and tactician, and with a real ability to spot upcoming talent. Les will be taking great pleasure from Fulham's current success.

As 'ken from bexley' rightly says ... it could have been us.

Maybe it still could be? Anyone know Les's phone number?
  • I'm not so sure I follow the logic about Les, Dave. He was coach for about a quarter of a season under Sanchez, "moved" up to Director of Football at the end of that season, a post that he stayed in for just one season. Sanchez left halfway through the season and Les was out by the end of it. Neither of us can say specifically what he did or didn't do there, but Roy's best signings and key successes have certainly come after Les left and I'm not sure that - with his own CV at international and club level (including Blackburn and Inter) - he'd have leaned on Les that much tactically.
  • Was my pre-Steve McLaren pick for England manager back in 2006. Best English manager around and he's surely got every chance of stepping in after 2012.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I'm not so sure I follow the logic about Les, Dave. He was coach for about a quarter of a season under Sanchez, "moved" up to Director of Football at the end of that season, a post that he stayed in for just one season. Sanchez left halfway through the season and Les was out by the end of it. Neither of us can say specifically what he did or didn't do there, but Roy's best signings and key successes have certainly come after Les left and I'm not sure that - with his own CV at international and club level (including Blackburn and Inter) - he'd have leaned on Les that much tactically.

Les had a great deal to do with the team that played last night. I happen to know that for a fact. Let me leave it at that.
  • If only we had been able to hold on to Parker that season and we might have got the Euro finish Curbs' deserved. Who knows where we would be now!!! Oh and by the way, Fulham are and always have been a MUCH smaller club than us. They're Millwall size!
  • I have to disagree with the "this could be us", Villa, Everton, Spurs and Man City have failed to be this useful in Europe of late, we can't beat ourselves up about the past. and what could have been, pointless.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I have to disagree with the "this could be us", Villa, Everton, Spurs and Man City have failed to be this useful in Europe of late, we can't beat ourselves up about the past. and what could have been, pointless.[/quote]

CHG....beating yourself up about the past teaches you not to repeat the same mistakes....or at least should do.
    I can and do beat myself up re my beloved Addicks..........it's a totally natural human emotion.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I have to disagree with the "this could be us", Villa, Everton, Spurs and Man City have failed to be this useful in Europe of late, we can't beat ourselves up about the past. and what could have been, pointless.

CHG....beating yourself up about the past teaches you not to repeat the same mistakes....or at least should do.
    I can and do beat myself up re my beloved Addicks..........it's a totally natural human emotion.

It is but will not get you anywhere, it will just give you the 'ump........love the Addicks, love now.........not last week, especially last week.
  • Jonjo Shelvey's new manger according to the Guardian.
  • if so, then this could be the last chance for Curbs to be offered a prem job
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]if so, then this could be the last chance for Curbs to be offered a prem job

Agree with this. Perfect job for him. Unlucky Konchesky!
  • edited June 2010
    Good point Salad, but more importantly, will Hodgson now be offered a "perm" job?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]if so, then this could be the last chance for Curbs to be offered a prem job

Agree with this. Perfect job for him. Unlucky Konchesky!
    And Murphy...
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Unlucky Konchesky!

LMAO!
  • Daily Mirror reports Fulham have a shortlist of 3. Mark Hughes, Tony Mowbray but their favourite is Sven!!
  • Sven? Do me a favour!! But Hughes would be a good shout for them
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Curbs has become the forgotten man and needs to get a Championship side before the summer is over. Wonder what sort of pay off Day got
  • The Kop love or hate him?
  • Rumours circling that he has left Liverpool by mutual consent!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Raver[/cite]Rumours circling that he has left Liverpool by mutual consent!

I think its a rumour started on twitter by someone called manutd24
  • Confirmed Hodgson has left by mutual consent.
  • Lets just hope the next turn in can heap more misery on the Scousers.
  • Hodgson more than welcome to be our gaffer!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Hodgson more than welcome to be our gaffer!

Agree, would take him like a shot.
  • King kenny till end of season. Bloke is more out of touch with game now than keegan. Hope he screws them up even more. Cant stand liverpool
  • edited January 2011
    If we are really minted, then get him in now. We are right club for him and he will become a legend at the Valley, I just know it!