Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who are the dark horses for the world cup squad?

Fir me I think Milner has worked his way in to the squad now but my real dark horse is Adam Johnson.

Nit just because of his goal yesterday (which was superb) but he has trickery, a good footballing brain and a wand of a left peg.

Every time I've seen him he's caught the eye and I think he deserves a mention.

Comments

• Milner has to go. His versatility alone has to put him on the plane.

I think Gary Neville will end up going. We are seemingly going to be light at the back with injuries so I can see Capello turning to him for experience, especially with Becks now injured.
  • Definitely a billion times better than that useless twonk Downing. Not only would I take Milner - I'd start him, along with Barry (who plays better with either Gerrard or Fat Frank than they do with each other). I'd stick Milner on the right and either Young or Johnson on the left.
  • Milner has to be in the squad and would be a fine starter.

As for dark horses, I would have said Bentley a couple of weeks back, he was playing well for Spurs and England could be short on the right. However I think he is injured as well now.

If injuries kick in then the likes of Zamora, Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Micah Richards and even Jack Wilshire could have an outside chance.
  • For me it would be:

Adam Johnson
    Gary Neville
    Ashley Young
    Darren Bent
    Michah Richards
  • Phil Jagielka is now starting for Everton again, could be another one.
  • Neville is a banker to go I think.

Wes Brown out, Glen Johnson will go as first RB but he has one game under his belt after a lengthy spell out, Capello won't touch Richards with a bargepole as he is so positionally naive...
  • Adam Johnson would be a superb addition a suprise package plays on the left and right , and he scored a cracker yesterday.
  • Glen Johnson starts tonight so if he can stay fit, he'll be first choice. Gary Neville may not be the worst option as back up due to his experience of playing at WCs and is probably decent to have around the squad.
  • Black Beauty
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlton Cole and i think he would be great for us
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Carlton Cole and i think he would be great for us

when he signed I thought he'd be awesome - but he was dogshit. When he plays fir Engkand he has so much energy but just not good enough touch.
    I thunk he COULD be magnificent but not sure if we'll ever see it
  • He's had some fantastic games for west ham and hold the ball up so well. I hated (probably to strong a word) at the start but he's improved so much. I wouldn't take green though or upson both liabilities if you ask me
  • Swisdom, you got problems with your vowels?

fir, nit, thunk...
  • Darren Bent you'd like to think.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Swisdom, you got problems with your vowels?

fir, nit, thunk...

no - I have an iPhone that thinks it knows better than me. Piece of shot :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Swisdom, you got problems with your vowels?

fir, nit, thunk...

no - I have an iPhone that thinks it knows better than me. Piece of shot :-)

Ha ha
  • Bobby Zamora
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Bobby Zamora

Does the same as Cole but not as well. Cole is so much stronger on the ball
  • black beauty
  • Sponsored links:

• Wayne Bridge.
  • Now that Beckham is crocked, Lloyd Sam must fancy his chances.
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Now that Beckham is crocked, Lloyd Sam must fancy his chances.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...Yeah so do i
  • doubt if I will even watch it. Can't get worked up to support a team where the current captain is a former drug cheat, his replacement likes beating up people in pubs and the former captain and best defender cheats on his wife and shags his collegues exes.
  • im expecting the team to look like this:

1. Green
    2. Johnson
    3. Baines
    4. Gerrard
    5. Ferdinand
    6. Terry
    7. Lennon
    8. Lampard
    9. Heskey
    10. Rooney
    11. Barry
    12. James
    13. Warnock
    14. Upson
    15. Lescott
    16. G.Neville
    17. Milner
    18. Carrick
    19. Crouch
    20. Defoe
    21. C.Cole
    22. Hart
    23. Walcott
  • Agree pretty much with that although I hope C Cole does not go, would rather Bent or Agbonlahor
  • Paul Knochesky

If A. Cole doesn't recover properly and W. Bridge is still throwing a moody there will be two spaces to fill.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]He's had some fantastic games for west ham and hold the ball up so well. I hated (probably to strong a word) at the start but he's improved so much. I wouldn't take green though or upson both liabilities if you ask me

Cole does play much better for England than he does WHU but you're right on Upson, he is a liability at international level. Unless Jagielka is fit though I think he'll go purely because there is a real lack of alternatives. I would take 5 forwards: Rooney, Heskey, Crouch, Bent and Defoe
  • Zamora, who's been on fire this season. I would definitely take Milner.

Perhaps an injury could lead to Robinson being recalled? Not that's been played well, just due to the lack of options!
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Now that Beckham is crocked, Lloyd Sam must fancy his chances.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...Yeah so do i
    He could actually go to the World Cup, but with Ghana. Same with Dickson ;-)

Not that they will unless Ghana have a huge injury crisis.