Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rushden and Diamonds

I was there today instead of seeing CAFC vs Milwall and still got my car cleaned and polished (Note to Addickted). They beat Gateshead 8-0 never been at such a game before, all 8 goals were 'crackers' and had a brief cameo with their captain Jamie Stuart, he was delighted they'd won and at the same time interested about our demise at Milwall, any one else witnessed an 8-0 live at such a high level?

Comments

• wrong time.
  • We were halfway there today.
  • Latimer, I once saw a 9-0 win in the Danish 2nd division (1997/1998 season)
  • Hi Danepak, I saw you demolish a double lambburger with cheese and chips equivalent to an 8-0 I guess in food terms, hope you are well and happy!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Latimer, only saw your message from Boxing Day a moment ago.
    Just replied!
    Oh yes, lamb burgers in Wetherspoons in Liverpool.
  • Saw a 9-0 at the Valley once...against a team that had previously beaten West Ham.

Older CL's will know who it was.
  • Yeah well done Latimer, Charlton fan gone to watch bloody Rushden & Diamonds while YOUR team (so you say) are playing against Millwall away?

You having a laugh? Loads of empty seats in your end, you could've got in easy. But you went Rushden? What a joke. I'll say it, and loads on here want to say it but everyone is too nice (apart from AFKA with his fake racial slurs & Henry Irving who is very bitter and uses WW2 to try and score points) but you're a mug. Millwall away, 3rd v 5th, local rivals, & you go Rushden? RUSHDEN?

& you think people care that there was 8 goals and they were all good goals?

God, if I was Charlton and I was there today, I'd read your post and want to wring your neck.
  • Or Latimer might be a place in Northants, and he just couldn't make it to London yesterday so went to a local game instead?
  • I think it's best to avoid responding to sparrows head lion , he's obviously on the wind up
  • It's up to Latimer where he goes, he must have his reasons. Perhaps he didn't want to go to a shithole little ground like Milwalls.

The person who I would like to wring the neck of is you fucking Sparrows Lane Lion

The empty seats were for segregation, we sold out mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Loads of empty seats in your end, you could've got in easy.

Empty seats for segregation and the fact OB and stewards were holding people on the concourse. Have a word.
  • DFT we were there mate we know they made f**k all noise for 40 mins. 2,500 of us- 14,500 of the Bermondsey shit -------------------- ha ha ha ha ha how f**king pathetic their biggest game and all they could sell was 14,500 -------------------- joke club with plastic hard men as "fans"
  • rent a fan scumbags, it mustve been a 'buy 1 ticket get 2 free' there yesterday
  • Stuwall bought 2 tickets....
    Is this how they up their attendances?
  • Sparrows Lane - you sir are a complete and utter bell end. Empty seats in our end? We sold out, you wouldn't give us any more tickets. Whereas i know for a fact that amongst your 'supporters' were 2 Chelsea fans, 2 Spurs fans and even a Liverpool fan, who all went for a day out because your tickets went on general sale to anyone that wanted one. I wonder how many of yesterdays day trippers will be there for your next home game?
  • day trippers to the zoo made up the vast majority of numbers
  • Chris - plenty of empty seats in the corners of the upper tier. If that's because there was a lot of you held on the concourse then fair enough. I didn't know that, have now seen that and will say ok.

Amongst our "support" was plenty of Charlton too. This somehow sold out, never thought it would, nor did a lot of my mates who didn't get tickets as they left it too late.

You can go on & on....and on about our support. We're a small club, a hardcore of 7,000, and a large transient support, and a lot of Millwall bring mates along for the bigger games as it's a good day out.

So? That's what we are. Not as big as you support wise, or history wise, that's what we are.
  • Sparrow Lane Lion... for your info not that I have to justify myself to you or anyone else, I was meeting up with an old school friend who had a lucky escape in the Chile earthquake recently, given his commitments it was the only day we could meet up. I live in Northants, went down to the Diamonds as it is a 10 min drive from my home, simple really, a bit like you. And yes I was not particularly keen on going to the meccano stadium. Must have been nice for you to see a crowd for once
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Yeah well done Latimer, Charlton fan gone to watch bloody Rushden & Diamonds while YOUR team (so you say) are playing against Millwall away?

You having a laugh? Loads of empty seats in your end, you could've got in easy. But you went Rushden? What a joke. I'll say it, and loads on here want to say it but everyone is too nice (apart from AFKA with his fake racial slurs & Henry Irving who is very bitter and uses WW2 to try and score points) but you're a mug. Millwall away, 3rd v 5th, local rivals, & you go Rushden? RUSHDEN?

& you think people care that there was 8 goals and they were all good goals?

God, if I was Charlton and I was there today, I'd read your post and want to wring your neck.

Maybe some of the 14,000 Millwall 'fans' who were there yesterday disappear to Rushden & Diamonds most weekends. It would certainly explain the poor home support you've had all season.