Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 2010

The season starts with the Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend.

Anyone want to make predictions on the following?

1) Who will win the Bahrain Gp?
2) Who will win the Drivers Championship?
3) Who will win the Constructors Championship?
4) Who will win the battle of the McLarens? Jenson or Lewis?
5) Where will Michael Schumacher finish in the championship?

For me:
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Alonso
3) Ferrari
4) Lewis
5) 4th

Comments

• 1. Alonso
    2. Alonso
    3. McLaren
    4. Lewis Hamilton
    5. 6th
  • 1) Massa
    2) Alonso
    3) Ferrari
    4) Lewis
    5) 5th
  • 1) Alonso
    2) Alonso
    3) McLaren
    4) Jenson
    5) 4th
  • 1. Schumacher
    2. Alonso
    3. Ferrari
    4. Jenson
    5. 3rd
  • 1. Alonso
    2. Alonso
    3. McLaren
    4. Jenson!
    5. 5th
  • My Second favourite sport, as for predicting it can only be guesswork as no-one knows even through testing who has a good package. Just hope that McLaren spank Ferrari & Schumacher is put in his place by Hamilton.
  • 1) Alonso
    2) Lewis
    3)Mclaren
    4) Lewis
    5) 6th
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]1. Alonso
    2. Alonso
    3. McLaren
    4. Lewis Hamilton
    5. 6th

This for me as well... Schumey to get beaten by the Ferraris, McLarens and Vettel
  • 1 webber
    2 hamilton
    3 mclaren
    4 lewis
    5 5th
  • 1 Vettel
    2 Alonso
    3 Ferrari
    4 Lewis
    5 4th down to consistency - got a feeling he'll pick up plenty of points but won't actually win a race.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    Just heard that the odds for Schumacher running someone off the track are 50-1

ON!
  • 1. Pit crews
    2. pit crews
    3. pit crews
    4. dunno, I'll say button since nobody else did
    5. First since he'll bring the archaic overtaking manoeuvre back into the sport. Fuck, I'm only dreaming.

Only a month until MotoGP starts...
  • 1 Button – because he takes care of his tyres
    2 Michael Schumacher
    3 Mercedes
    4 Button – because Hamilton didn’t learn that racing is about more than going fastest, you.ve got to finish first
    5 See 2 above

I know this because my missus told me so and she is a petrol-head; personally I just go sleep watching them go round and round.
  • Right, so we're properly at the business end now - are we all still standing behind our predictions? If not who do you think will now seal the title?

There's a good little summary of how things stand here if you need a reminder.

I'm going to stick by my pre-season prediction that Alonso will seal the deal. I hope Webber does it, though, because I'm not sure he'll get a chance as good as this again and he seems like a good guy who was a bit unfairly treated by Red Bull earlier in the season - plus it'll piss Vettel off, who I've taken a bit of a disliking to.
  • My prediction doesn't look too bad! Alonso will probably take the title, and with Red Bull throwing away another championship it wouldn't surprise me to see McLaren nick the Constructors away from them.
  • Ferrari cheated (As they always do) by switching Alonso & Massa earlier in the season so hope they blow it in the final two races. Mclaren have had one of the slower front cars but are still in with a shout in both titles. However after how the season has evolved have a soft spot for Mark Webber would be pleased if he ended up winning it.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    1) Who will win the Bahrain Gp? Lewis Hamilton
    2) Who will win the Drivers Championship? Alonso
    3) Who will win the Constructors Championship? Ferrari
    4) Who will win the battle of the McLarens? Jenson or Lewis? Lewis
    5) Where will Michael Schumacher finish in the championship? 4th

So Lewis didn't win in Bahrain and Massa has let me down in not picking up enough points in support of Fernando, but I stand by my original pick of Alonso for the championship. Massa should win on Sunday which takes points off of the other challengers, whilst Ferrari will be strong in Abu Dhabi.

No-one saw Schumacher being so crap though!
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    No-one saw Schumacher being so crap though!

He's not been great has he - I was right about him being consistent, just I thought he'd be consistently a bit better than he has been. To be fair to him that Mercedes car hasn't really lived up to the pre-season hype, but Rosberg has still done him over - must be pretty sweet for a fellow German.

F1 hasn't really needed Schumy though, this year, it really has been a very exciting season, even if there's still scope for a bit more wheel to wheel racing.

I hope Kubica gets a fast car underneath him next year because he has the potential to get right amoungst the leaders and make it an even more open Championship next year.
  • Kubica deserves a Ferrari, even if he knows he'll be told to move out of the way if Fernando isn't quick enough.

Can't stand Alonso with a passion, hope Webber gets a bit of luck (which he deserves) and wins the Championship. Red Bull should really have had this sown up.
  • [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Kubica deserves a Ferrari, even if he knows he'll be told to move out of the way if Fernando isn't quick enough.

Despite all of them having contracts in their respective teams for next season, there are strong rumours of Massa going to Red Bull, Kubica to Ferrari and Webber to Renault. Personally I can't see Massa going to Red Bull (he's been toilet since the crash), or Webber (with his Briatore association) going to Renault, but stranger things have happened.